m/s and work...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 05:53 AM
CriscoNinja
Anyone else dealing with this? I just couldn't take it today!! I had to get a sub (I'm a teacher). I feel like the office lady was kind of (ok, I mean really really REALLY) unsympathetic about me going home and just gave me a sad laugh.

The other part to this is that they let me go, so after June 5th I'm unemployed, so I'm not really worried about taking a day here and there, what are they going to do? FIRE ME? I'm just really not feeling well today and I need to lay down. I've also been having cramps all night and into this morning... no blood though. I just need to lay down.

Anyone else dealing with m/s at work?

Last edited by CriscoNinja; March 18th, 2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: spelling
March 18th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Im not but i have to tell you if i was working those couple of weeks i had it bad I would have been out almost everyday..!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry you're dealing with that. When I was still teaching I remember other pregnant teachers having morning sickness. I think that's one of the worst jobs if you have m/s. Many times you don't have an assistant or anything and you can't leave your class unattended so you can just run right to the bathroom.

I hope you feel better soon!

March 18th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes - I worked from home on Monday b/c I felt terrible. And I have been coming in later than usual every day b/c I'm too busy at home puking! Luckily, my job doesn't mind if I'm late or take a few days to work at home - they understand - although I don't really get much sympathy.

When I told someone I worked at home on Monday b/c I wasn't feeling well - they asked if I was coming down with a cold or the flu? She knew I was pregnant - duh!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Snowpeas
I'm sorry, that's really hard. I am not dealing with it this time but I did last time.

I am a nurse and they would (purposely I think) assign me the patients who had diarrhea/were vomiting while the other girls had easy-peasy assignments (and spent most of the shift surfing myspace or reading gossip magazines). {after complaints the hospital finally did an audit. It was found that these girls were ACTIVELY surfing the internet on non-work-related sites for 6 hours out of every 10 hour shift!}

I would get so sick and be so miserable that there were some days that I begged to go home. But they told me that I couldn't because they "needed me." To do their work they meant!!!

It was incredibly difficult as I was vomiting, gagging, and dry heaving and still trying to hold a basin for a sick patient. I would cry to dh every night when I got home. Somehow, I have no idea how, I made it through. It definitely helped to make my decision to majorally cut down on my hours once my dd was born though! I am SO glad I am a SAHM this time.

Lots of ((hugs))
March 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
(((((HUGS)))))) I work from home..... so its not near anything like you. But for me, if I am out. im okay, its when I get home I feel even more sick. LOL

I hope it passes soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search