UPDATE #1 Post - Grrr... the military sucks today!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
A little background - Ok, so right now we are approved a 3 bedroom home because our oldest son is past the age where he can share a room with our youngest son (Derrick's 13 and Xavier is 3). Well now that I am pregnant again if this baby is a boy then there is no problem because the baby and Xavier will be able to sleep in the same room. However, if this baby is a girl then when Xavier is 6 years old they can no long sleep in the same room. We will be in Italy for at least 3 years. When the baby is born Xavier will be about 4.5 years old so after a year and a half housing will have to put us in a bigger home.

Well here is the answer I got from housing...

Apparently we will only be entitled a 3 bedroom regardless since 4 bedrooms are hard to come by. The guy or girl - their name was Roz - said that same sex is to stay in the same room until the oldest is age 10. If it is opposite sex then the chidren stay in the same room until the oldest is 6. This means that 1.5 years after we get settled into the house we will have to move again if this child is a girl. What a pain in the butt! I might just stick Xavier in Derrick's room so that Xavier will get a decent nights sleep regardless of the sex. At least the baby will be in our room for a few months.

-----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: So I wrote the person back (found out it was a female and I wrote that it would be too complicated to put us in a 3 bedroom only too move us...

Well, I got an email back today that said they can add 2 years to Xavier's age for incoming personnel which would make him 6 so we would qualify for a 4 bedroom. She did say that they are hard to come by both on/off post but that 3 bedrooms also have dens/study we can use for the baby - now WHY didn't she tell me that to begin with! Anyway, if this is a girl we are approved for a 4 bedroom! WOOHOO

Last edited by TulipDawn; March 19th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.
March 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Snowpeas
How annoying!
March 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I know what that's like. At our last duty station we were lucky to go from a 3 bdrm to a 4 bdrm while I was still pregnant with the twins, only b/c I was pregnant with twins. I had to bring in part of my chart proving I was carring twins.

We have sinced moved and qualify for a 5 bdrm. We decided on just a 4 bdrm since they had one avalible once we got here, so we didn't have to wait for a 5 bdrm. But now that we are adding another little one I am hoping to get on the list for a 5 as soon as possible. But I have looked and the wait for a 5 bdrm here for incoming soldiers is 12-18months. Since we are already here our wait would be longer.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 18th, 2009, 02:20 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I've been on those waiting lists and they do suck!!

March 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm just popping in.. **More then likely I'll be in your due date club I will find out on Tuesday**

I was in the Navy for 9 years and I lived off base, but at the time I was single.. Can your DH apply for off base housing? Depending on the COLA and living allowances, you may be able to live off base.. Just something to think about..

March 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
frustrating.

We have a 4 bedroom house, its our room, and then 2 boys share, then the other 2 boys, and then the girls room.

This baby..... will obviously share with one of them when its older too. LOL

The moving after you are there is silly!

March 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Yes, most housing in Italy is off post but if we want to go privatize we have to pay lots of finders fees... and I was just reading that they consider you set for your entire length of stay once you get a place to stay and won't move you. So we are in a catch 22. Dh said not to worry about it until we get there - but that's what I do best - worry!
March 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Veteran
We are moving to Eglin AFB from Ft Bragg in July and hopefully we can get a 4 bedroom. Either way my two oldest share a rooom because we have bunkbeds for them. I really don't mind either way, I am just hoping for something without carpet.

BJ
March 19th, 2009, 06:31 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well at least you got some good news in the end!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 19th, 2009, 06:35 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear it all worked out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search