Warning: Major Rant (not preg. related)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by *Jennifer*; March 23rd, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
March 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Snowpeas
That would be extremely frustrating! I'm sorry. ((hugs))
March 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lord! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!! I can't get over when parents do not show interest in their kid's grade. I have a couple of students with Fs in my class... and if they have an F in my class (art class) they have Fs in all of their other classes as well. I always call the parents of these students but so few are interested in doing what it takes to help their kid! I have so many that will make appointments with me but never show up.

I have one student that I always have behavior issues with and I called his mom and she actually said to me "I don't know what you expect me to do. If he acts out on your watch it is YOUR responsibility to discipline him. I am not going to punish him for something YOU claim he did! You guys have No control! You need to take a hint from his MEN teachers. They never have problems with him" Which isn't true.. it is because his men teachers are slack and don't follow up on discipline problems like we are supposed to. EH WHATEVER!

I try to focus on the good students and good parents, otherwise I would go crazy.
March 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Thats very sad. I get really angry with parents who don't care what there kids are doing. Its pathetic. You gave birth to them show that you actually about where they are headed. I look foward to dd's conferences. i had posted in the ttc board about dd's behavior and not wanting to go to school. I talked to the teacher and she is doing so much better with her social skills. Some parents just need a good kick in the butt.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
oy!!! i couldn't imagine!!!!

You know those parents are doing their kids such a huge disservice! that is sad!

March 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Bama08mommy4's Avatar Regular
It's so sad that they aren't more interested/concerned about their childs education. I can see why you are so frustrated as a teacher you have the best intentions in mind for a child and their education, I am sure! I can't understand why parents wouldn't be worried about how their children are doing academically but have no problem coming forth over the little petty stuff. So sorry your having to go through that...... I'd like to say things will get better, but I think there will always be those parents who are just as immature as the kids are. Good luck, honey.. hope things start looking better for you. Hang in there and hugs for having such a good heart!
March 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's really sad! DH and I are the "mean" ones because if her grades are not good, she's not doing ANYTHING until they are up. Her teacher complimented us for it and said, she wishes more parents were like us.
These kids are our future and without a good education, they will go no where.

March 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I know what you mean. I am VERY involved in Derrick's school work. Luckily, I can view his grades online anytime I want. If I see his grades fall I send a note to the teacher and have a sit down with Derrick.

I can't believe that parent's wouldn't care about their child's grades...that's just sad.
March 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
*Hayley*
i can relate completely

Last edited by *Hayley*; March 18th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
March 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
*Hayley*
doublepost

Last edited by *Hayley*; March 18th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
March 18th, 2009, 05:09 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
What grade do you teach?

I really think parents are the most frustrating part of teaching. They are a bigger obstacle than anything else. I love the ones that are the first to complain if a program gets cut, their kid gets a detention or something taken away (of course it's the school's fault not their sweet little angel). Then when you want them to be there for conferences or to help out they couldn't care less. It's so frustrating.

March 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. It felt good to get it out.

I teach 6th grade at a middle school in a not so good area. I want these kids to get out of there, but it's all they know. Unfortunately, many of their parents don't push education as a way out.
March 18th, 2009, 06:43 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yuck. it seems parents are getting more and more detached lately, and will do ANYTHING to place the blame on someone other than themselves and their children.
I don't know how you deal with it, i'd be angry all the time!

I plan on being VERY involved. If I have to be mean mommy, so be it!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 18th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I plan to be mean too! I actually had a parent in tears because she was going to take away her son's gameboy. Of course, I suggested it to her and she asked me if I thought that would be okay. A huge problem is that these parents don't say no to their kids.
March 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, you can tell the "mean parents" when they ar eout in public and their kids are saying please and thank you and not throwing a temper tanrum because they were told no.
I'm proud to be a mean Mommy!

March 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I admire mean mommies!
March 19th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Super Mommy
I am what u call a mean "mommy"
All kids needs in their lives is a firm "NO"
DF says kids only copy what their parents do.
One of my friends has her mother watch the baby all the time...
does nothing with the kid all day and goes out all night to drink.
Her baby is 7 weeks younger than chase but doesn't say a word!!
To each his own and if I were u I'd ignore the children that dont want to be helped
and when you have your baby just get the fu** out of there.
March 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Wow. I can't say I blame you. See I would be so mad that my son was failing. But my sister is like that. She has all these things she lets me nephew do but when it comes to homework and schoolwork everything is ok if he fails. She has been told for 4 years now he doesn't do his homework and she still doesn't check his book bag. He is lucky he isn't my kids.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 19th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
see thats the thing though, you cant just ignore them, ya it makes work difficult, but if their parents dont care about the school work, then what do they care about? unfortunately its probably NOTHING and the kids need more help than you think. acting out in school is a way for them to get attention because they dont get enough attention at home. what they are really doing is aking you to help them.....

GL!

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search