Still can't go to doctor

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Regular
Well I posted in another forum. I can't go to the doctor yet cause someone at my insurance company screwed up and who knows when I will have my insurance back. I am so scared but I am doing everything that I am suppose to do. I am always taken test to just to make sure that it is still positive. I tried to get into a doctor that would accept people with no insurance but it takes like two months to get an appointment. Sorry I just had to rant a little.
March 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ew that sucks. Can you go to planned parenthood? They do prenatal visits here

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Snowpeas
Oh man, that stinks!!

I know that I had to apply for medicaid as dh got laid off from work and we'll have no insurance. I don't know if your income is low enough to qualify, but they will pay your bills up to three months prior from when you apply. I know around here there are a lot of doctors that accept it and they don't make you wait to get in.

I hope you're able to get in somewhere soon! If you get worried you can always go to the ER - they can't reject you for not having insurance, they have to treat you.

Lots of ((hugs))
March 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That stinks. I would try planned parenthood or urgent care.
March 18th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
ditto to the other suggestions

March 19th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did someone at your work mess up your insurance? I did HR in my last job and if that is the case you can go to the HR dept, tell them it is not your fault you and that you need them to submit your paper work to the insurance company immediately. In most cases the insurance company can add you to the policy in minutes and fax over the ID numbers and you can take those with you to a doctor. Not sure what the hold up is at your work, but I would complain.

Also, just take it easy and try to relax OH AND START taking PRENATALS, you can get them just about anywhere.
March 19th, 2009, 05:27 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'd be on the phone with someone and DEMANDING it be taken care of NOW!!! You NEED prenatal care. Good luck, I hope it all works out.

March 19th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i havent seen a DR yet. i got my ultrasound from my aunt who isnt even an ultrasound tech for pregnancy. she does ultrasounds of the heart. but i heard the heartbeat and im taking my prenatals. i didnt have insurance, i had to apply for medicaid too and i have an appointment with my caseworker on the 31st. but i could make an appointment if i wanted to, i actually have to do that today cos my gyno is hard to get into, but i owe 150 dollars. =\ and they wont see me until its paid! *sigh*

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 19th, 2009, 06:08 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
If you call the Dr and tell them you're pregnant it shouldn't take 2 months to get in. I know it can take that long for routine things like a Pap but if you're pregnant they try to get you in sooner.

Call your HR department or whatever and tell them this needs to be fixed immediately. Prenatal care is expensive.

I didn't have insurance for the first 6 months of my first pregnancy. I paid for everything out of pocket.

March 19th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Regular
Well I am sorry that is what they said about getting into that doctor. I have to have like a consultation thing before I can go to the doctor. So it takes like two months they said. I have been on the phone like crazy and trying not to stress myself out. SO I am trying to relax!
March 20th, 2009, 03:54 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Yikes!

I would call planned parenthood and or the state.... you cannot be denied maternity care.

March 20th, 2009, 04:22 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Oh I'd be on the phone with someone and DEMANDING it be taken care of NOW!!! You NEED prenatal care. Good luck, I hope it all works out.

yes i agree, see if your insurance company can sort it out asap, they can really do these things in a matter of hours to days. they probably need a push though. also, medicaid...apply asap like a previous post said. just make an appt at social security i think.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 20th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Veteran
ARRRRGGGG I feel your pain. Dh screw up our insurance by registering late and Atnea decided when didn't exist. This last about a week and half. Dh was on the phone with his company and Atnea every day until it got cleared up.

So question, are you going to have retroactive benifits? could you pay upfront and get reinbursed? Thats what they recommended to us. My OB just said wait the week becasue we had a clear time or reinstatement (which now Antea is acting like we wre always in the system

I hope things get sorted out soon, it was so stressful for me and I was only dealing with a week and half.

Heartbeat 111bpm 6w1d
Heartbeat 139bpm 7w0d
Heartbeat 169bpm 8w1d
Dancing baby! 8w6d 174bpm

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search