Scary Dream - has me nervous!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 03:52 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I dreamt last night that I was having a miscarriage. I mean it was so real. In my dream I woke up and went to the bathroom, I wiped and it was dark and bright red blood. I woke up dh and told him I was miscarrying. He hugged me and held me while I cried since I knew I was to early for anything to be done.

Well when I REALLY woke up I had slight cramping - and I still do. I don't think it's anything to worry about, in fact it feels more like just stretching or something but it's definitely noticable and not something I can ignore. I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about. I might call the advice nurse but I really don't think there's anything that anyone can do. I noticed last night that I can now feel my uterus above my pelvic bone so it probably is just stretching - but after this dream I'm going to be walking on pins and needles....
March 20th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Snowpeas
I'm so sorry you had a dream like that!

If it makes you feel better I had a dream exactly like that early in my pregnancy with Olivia. To this day I can tell you where we were (we were staying at a motel) and all the details of my dream. Basically in my dream I had gone to the bathroom only to see lots of bright red blood and I knew I was miscarrying right there at the motel.

Well I woke up crying and it really, really scared me. I immediately headed to the bathroom and no blood. I should have been reassured but I kept thinking my brain was trying to tell me something was wrong.

I went on to have a normal, healthy pregnancy but it was always in the back of my mind.

Lots of ((hugs)). I know it's very scary when a dream like that happens - it seems so darn real.
March 20th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry u had a dream like that but i am sure its not based off reality.
I just woke up and had a dream that some man was holding me hostage in this wearhouse on the bay and i had to swim away to safety and he came after me. The place I found safety was actually my house with this family living there, when the man came looking for me he killed the family and i hid in the closet until he opened it and i slit his throat with safety scissors going over the slice over and over!! OMG! It was so graphic and I couldn't wake up! I think vivid dreams are just ridiculous during pregnancy.
March 20th, 2009, 05:15 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Dreams like that are awful because they are hard to shake even after you wake up. I'm sure everything is fine but I know that dream had to have been really scary.

March 20th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulipDawn View Post
I dreamt last night that I was having a miscarriage. I mean it was so real. In my dream I woke up and went to the bathroom, I wiped and it was dark and bright red blood. I woke up dh and told him I was miscarrying. He hugged me and held me while I cried since I knew I was to early for anything to be done.

Well when I REALLY woke up I had slight cramping - and I still do. I don't think it's anything to worry about, in fact it feels more like just stretching or something but it's definitely noticable and not something I can ignore. I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about. I might call the advice nurse but I really don't think there's anything that anyone can do. I noticed last night that I can now feel my uterus above my pelvic bone so it probably is just stretching - but after this dream I'm going to be walking on pins and needles....
I had a similar dream it freaked me out to. All is fine though
March 20th, 2009, 06:04 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I'm sorry. Just remember it's JUST a dream. Your little bean is fine and your cramping is normal.

March 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I had a dream like that before but in my dream I caught the baby in my palm. its hard to look away from a dream like that. You are having it because its in your mind. It'll be ok and you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those dreams are so scary! I had a dream where I gave birth to my bean and it was in an incubater- I'm only 10 weeks so that would never happen! It scared me too but I think it was just my mind reacting to the stretching/cramping feeling. It was just a dream, it was just a dream!
March 20th, 2009, 12:21 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Thanks you guys...I knew I could count on you guys to make me feel better!
March 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Oh that just gave me chills. I have dreams like that all the time and I go potty just to make sure.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 20th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Luckily it was just a dream. Even though I am sure dreams like that are hard to forget especially right now when we are all in the early stages of pregnancy. Think positive.
March 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnancy dreams are crazy, I had so many scary dreams while pregnant with Holden.. They are traumatizing, thats for sure.

Even after Holden was born I had dreams of him dying in fires.. awful. Thank God they're just dreams!
Try to take it easy, I have INTENSE stretching pain right now, I think it's normal for right around this time

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search