How did you meet?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 05:34 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
How did you meet your husband or SO?

I met DH through a friend while I was a senior in high school. I already had a boyfriend and this friend, Heather, liked Jeremy so I didn't really pay much attention to him. She was younger than me by 2 years so he was a lot older than her (he's 5 years older than me). He wasn't really interested in her.

I broke up with my BF and he knew about it. One day he came to where I worked and left a note on my car asking me to call him. I did and he asked me to a movie. We went out that night and have been together ever since. Heather and I are no longer friends over it but oh well. We've been together for 10 1/2 years now and we've been married for 8 1/2.

March 20th, 2009, 05:56 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
How did you meet your husband or SO?
We actually met in AIT (training following basic in the Army). We were the "forbidden AIT love". We waited 6 months until we got married, which wasn't long. He would drive through the night from Fort Bragg, NC to Cleveland, Ohio just about every other weekend.
March 20th, 2009, 06:13 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my cousins introduced us two years ago. Then we didn't see each other again for 3 months. When we ran into each other again it was like seeing an old friend and we talked the whole night. We pretty much spent all our free time together since.

March 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM
CriscoNinja
We met at work! And I ended up asking him out! Been inseparable ever since, we're getting married 8/8/09. We've been together for 2 years 4 months.
March 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM
*Hayley*
we met in a Spanish class in college
March 20th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
We actually met over the phone.
One of my friends boyfriends who lived in NY introduced us.
Eli asked me to come visit for his birthday not thinking I would, I showed up!
We've been together ever since. 3 years next month!!
March 20th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs. Brown
On the internet. It is a very long story but to make it short we decided because he was so much older and I so much younger it was just friends. We talked to each other everyday and about the dates we were going on then one day I realized I truly liked him and we fell in love!!! Still are very much in love to this day!!!!

March 20th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was a cocktail waitress and his mom was one of my regulars. Kept telling me I had to meet her son and I kept putting her off. She brought him in and I blew him off for a couple months, he wore me down and we've been inseperable since. Together 5 years in December, married 3 in June.
March 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
We met on the internet actually. I had just been in a bad breakup (bf of 2 years cheated and got a chick pg). I signed up for this dating site just on a whim because I saw it in a magazine. I just put a pic up and some basic info. He emailed me some generic reponse because it was a pay for service and both of us were too cheap to actually pay for it. I went to his page and saw he had his AOL screen name on there. I saved him to my buddy list and a couple of minutes later he popped up. We chatted for a couple of hours on there and then we talked the whole night on the phone from like 6pm to 4am...LOL! We've been inseparatable ever since.
March 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Newbies
I first met DH new year's eve 2002 at a small party a friend was hosting. I had noticed him that evening but didn't talk to him. I was laying down on the couch toward the end of the evening and he came along and sat on my feet (to this day I still have no idea why). I told him to get off my feet. He did. 2002 came and went. On new year's eve of 2003, a friend told me we were going to the new year's party of a good friend of his. Lo and behold, DH was hosting it. He didn't sit on my feet that time and fate took over. The rest is history.
March 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Regular
i was kinda scared to post this but then seen i wasnt the only one who meet there husband or SO on the internet b/c people think down upon it. but how it happened was i just got out of a relationship and wasnt really looking for anyone and he sent me a message one night right b4 i was going to bed and i blew him off tellin him i had a job to be at in the morning and i couldnt talk. well after being a complete butt to him i got a message the next morning from him saying that he was drunk last night and that he was sorry if he was rude or just a plain ***** lol. he wasnt i was. it went from there and i ended up meeting him a week later with a couple friends and been together ever since. its amazing how people meet i never thought in a million years thats how i would meet the love of my life b/c i swore against that kinda thing and ill be darned if i didnt do it myself. hes currently in the military just got home in DEC from a 15 month deployment and we will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary april 29th. and we are expecting our first baby around oct 17th!!!! he already has a 4 year old daughter so this is his second!
March 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met through mutual friends just before starting college in 1996. He dated my cousin who I lived with, for a year and I had a couple of bf's in between. Then spring 2000 we started hanging out alot more together (he gave me his original NES for my birthday and we played all night!), I was living alone by then, and the rest is history! We've been together since 2000 and married since 2008

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 20th, 2009, 09:35 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We meet at a grocery store we worked during high school.

It was love at first sight!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
We worked at a truck stop when I was in college. He actually helped me when a customer threatened to rape me after work. He was my hero. He walked me to my car every night and one day he asked me out and we have been together ever since.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
These are such GREAT stories....
March 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJohnson042906 View Post
i was kinda scared to post this but then seen i wasnt the only one who meet there husband or SO on the internet b/c people think down upon it. but how it happened was i just got out of a relationship and wasnt really looking for anyone and he sent me a message one night right b4 i was going to bed and i blew him off tellin him i had a job to be at in the morning and i couldnt talk. well after being a complete butt to him i got a message the next morning from him saying that he was drunk last night and that he was sorry if he was rude or just a plain ***** lol. he wasnt i was. it went from there and i ended up meeting him a week later with a couple friends and been together ever since. its amazing how people meet i never thought in a million years thats how i would meet the love of my life b/c i swore against that kinda thing and ill be darned if i didnt do it myself. hes currently in the military just got home in DEC from a 15 month deployment and we will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary april 29th. and we are expecting our first baby around oct 17th!!!! he already has a 4 year old daughter so this is his second!
Yeah...I usually tell people that we met "out and about". But I feel the same way. We lived less than 10 minutes from each other but I promise you that we would have never met had it not been for the internet. I can't imagine what life would be like without him.
March 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
I met DF online. LOL It was actually through HotorNot. He wanted to "meet" me and I remember almost clicking no, but I thought "What the heck. I'll talk to him." LOL
We talked online for 4 months and during that time, although I hadn't met him yet, he helped me through a MONSTER breakdown I was going through. I could talk to him about anything and he was the entire reason I got better. I was on medication to try and help, talking to therapists..nothing worked or helped..but he did. 4 months after meeting online, we met in person and moved in together the following month. 6 months after moving in together, we became pregnant with Spencer. I must say that I have been through my fair shares of the bad bfs and jerks and I truly did not believe such a great guy could ever exist but I'm so lucky and happy that I found him!! Almost 3 years later we are still going strong and plan to be married in a couple of months!

Last edited by Blue_Twinkles; March 20th, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
March 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
We are another one of those Internet Couples. We started talking in a Lycos Chat room back in '97. It was the end of my junior year in high school and his senior year. We had spent the next 4 years talking via email, snail mail and the phone. I even endured him getting a girl pregnant, marrying her and then talking about divorcing her(whole other story). We had finally met in person when I rode the Grey hound bus from PA clear to WA. I arrived the 9th of July. He proposed the 11th, and signed his divorce papers on the 13th. I was there when his ex picked him up to sign the papers. I moved out to WA by the end of the month and we have been together since. We got married September 29, 2002 when he got home from Basic and AIT. Now we are expecting our 6th baby together come the end of September beginning of October. This is our last baby.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Snowpeas
My best friend had a baby and one of her husband's brothers came to see the baby. The rest as they say.... was history. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search