Pain last night

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, happy Friday!!

So I had this almost 3 hr side pain. It felt like it was in my upper rib/below breast bone, like a very long, hard pinch. I almost took Tylenol but I just kept waiting it out. Called my midwife after 2 hours and she said to take Tylenol and if it doesn’t help take tums and if that does not help go to the ER. Well after about 2 ½ hours, it stopped completely like it was never hurting. Anybody experience this or know what it was? The midwife said it could have been heartburn but I don’t think so.
March 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a gas bubble was stuck under your ribs.
I've had gas sometimes that hurt everytime I breathed and hurt to even change positions.
March 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
Duh...I didn't think about that, you are probably right. It did feel like a very painful gas pain that won't go away.

Thanks
March 20th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Regular
i think it was gas as well. you would be surprised where gas can effect you lol. my husband is a medic and everytime i complain about pain in a weird place he says its gas dear LOL. which he ends up being right. and it can be very painful. ive had gas double me over in pain b4.

Hope this helped a lil bit!
March 20th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I think it was gas too. Especially since it was that high up. That can be EXTREMELY painful!
March 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Was it on the right side? If so it could be your gall bladder. Gall bladder problems are common during pregnancy. Like the others said though it was most likely a gas bubble.

March 20th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
It was actually on the left. Thanks Ladies, I do feel much better.
March 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea.

Glad it went away though!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Was it on the right side? If so it could be your gall bladder. Gall bladder problems are common during pregnancy. Like the others said though it was most likely a gas bubble.
I didn't think about that. I had TERRIBLE pain in my side when I was pregnant with DS. But it was lower than where she said her's is. I had to go to the ER because it hurt so bad. I tell people contractions were nothing compared to that pain! The dr. did an U/S and found sludge in my gall bladder....no stones. The pain eventually faded. If the pain comes back...I would check into that.
March 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, I had no idea gas could cause so many problems! I wonder if some of the pains I had that I blamed on ligament pain were really gas
March 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
could have also been a pulled/achy muscle

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 20th, 2009, 04:36 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
My gas causes pains like that but in the morning. I would definitely consider ligaments, they are a pain literally.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when I was pregnant with Andre, I had constant pain in that area on my right side. my doctor told me it was my gall bladder and prescribed me some pills to take when it got to severe. i remember that the only way i could make it feel better was if i put my hand under my breast and over my ribs and applied pressure. my doctor also told me after Andre was born if the pain continued I could have my gall bladder removed, but luckily the pain went away. this was more toward the end of my pregnancy and my doctor claimed it was my son pushing everything around in there and my gall bladder had no room! who knows but hopefully it doesnt come back this time. hope you feel better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search