When in the world did I get pregnant?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Newbies
Maybe an odd question! I've been mulling it over in my mind and cannot come up with anything. I'm scheduled to have my first Dr. visit in a couple of weeks so I will ask her opinion then, but I keep hearing they only guess anyway!
My LMP was Jan. 21. Cycles tend to be 31 days, though I did have a 37 day cycle several months ago.
I didn't temp or use opk's the cycle I got pregnant, just paid attention to cm. I only had one day of ewcm that cycle and it was on cd 14. I figured I wouldn't o til cd 17 at the earliest. Another issue would be hubby and I dtd on either cd 11 or 12 and then not again until cd 19! (and various times later in the cycle).
So I have no idea when I got pregnant because I apparently didn't ovulate anywhere near where I thought I did. Does that one day of ewcm mean I for sure ovulated that day? I either ovulated early or late!
Has anybody else had this happen with a pregnancy? If so, what did you find out? Thanks for any input, it's fun to speculate!
March 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well sperm can survive as long as 6-7 days so if you had sex a while before you O'd it's still possible that you conceived.

If you have a 31 day cycle you would have probably been fertile between Feb 4-9. Did you have sex anywhere around that time?

With a LMP of Jan 21st and a 31 day cycle you'd probably be due around October 31st.

March 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Newbies
We actually did bd February 8. I would have assumed that's what did it except for the one day of ewcm on cd 14 (Feb. 3). After that day it immediately went back to super creamy then not much at all. So confusing!
And yes, the lady that gave me the clinical pg test to confirm put me at October 30. Though I'm gonna be trying to have a Halloween baby
March 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Regular
its really hard to tell exactly when you got pregnant. i know my dr told me that they go from the first day of your last period again guessing at how far along you will be. once they to a u/s they can measure and tell exactly how far along you are!! congrats on the lil one!!
March 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Newbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJohnson042906 View Post
its really hard to tell exactly when you got pregnant. i know my dr told me that they go from the first day of your last period again guessing at how far along you will be. once they to a u/s they can measure and tell exactly how far along you are!! congrats on the lil one!!
Thanks, and that's good to know! I believe I'll be having an u/s when I go in for my first appointment (at 10 weeks). If they are really that accurate then that should clear it up.
March 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Regular
yeah i go in monday for my first actual appt to see how things are going but my husband is military and there hospitals are retarted they dont do a U/S till im 20 weeks and thats to see what it is. im like seriously what if im having more then one. i hate it but nothing i can do right now. let me know how your appt goes!
March 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't figure out when I conceived Breana cause it wasn't when I thought it was but with this one I am pretty sure when it happened.

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Snowpeas
Well, we only dtd once when we got pregnant and I still don't know exactly when we conceived. lol

I thought I knew but when they did the u/s they put it later than I had thought. So you're not alone.
March 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJohnson042906 View Post
yeah i go in monday for my first actual appt to see how things are going but my husband is military and there hospitals are retarted they dont do a U/S till im 20 weeks and thats to see what it is. im like seriously what if im having more then one. i hate it but nothing i can do right now. let me know how your appt goes!
My dh is military also. I told them I wasn't sure if I conceived in December or January - I knew when I conceived but I wanted to see the baby...lol
March 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+peanut View Post
Well, we only dtd once when we got pregnant and I still don't know exactly when we conceived. lol

I thought I knew but when they did the u/s they put it later than I had thought. So you're not alone.
Same here! The first time I went to the doc and the u/s tech said the baby was measuring two weeks ahead of schedule I thought there was no way. Just hoping I don't have a super large baby growing in there!

March 21st, 2009, 07:50 AM
Veteran
even with military if you tell them you have no idea and you've narrowed it down to months rather than weeks it is highly possible they will give you one for dating because that is important to know.

Heartbeat 111bpm 6w1d
Heartbeat 139bpm 7w0d
Heartbeat 169bpm 8w1d
Dancing baby! 8w6d 174bpm

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I had to have an u/s to date this pregnancy. AND WE TRIED FOR 9 MONTHS!!!! I found out I was pg when I was on CD 67! I thought I MIGHT have O'ed but my temps were all over the place. I had lots of previous anovulatory cycles, and on CD 30-something I started spotting, I gave up temping, OPK's, everything, because I was SURE it was another cycle with no O. Guess I was wrong!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

March 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
With KJ and Owen I could not figure out when or how I was pregnant. I still can't figure it out.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+peanut View Post

DH and only DTD once too, but since I was using OPKs, I know the date.
March 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
heck I have no idea as well, my lmp gave me a edd of 9-22, yet I am due oct 3rd, i have NO CLUE when we dtd

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search