Creative ways of telling family/friends...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM
CriscoNinja
We're telling my DF's side of the family on Easter. We're also springing the whole engaged thing on them at that time! My DF wanted to put a picture of a shotgun on the save the date card!! lol

But for the baby part, we are ordering custom M&M's with "Baby Brueske" on one and the other "Arriving Oct 2009" on the other (the pic is in my siggy). It's customary for his family to give out candy, so, we're slipping it in. It'll be fun to see who notices first!

I'd love to hear how you told your family/friends!!
March 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, that's cute!

With my youngest dd, I told my oldest by making her a shirt. On the front it said, "I have a secret" and on the back it said, "I'm going to be a BIG sister!" We told ym Mom by having her wear it over there.

Then dh's family, we told them by wrapping up a baby frame for his Grandma's 70th b-day. In the frame it said, "Coming to a hospital near you, Baby Sloan. June 2007!"

This time I emailed my siggy to people. lol

I told my oldest this time by baking sugar cookies and cutting them into shapes for each person. I had a heart that said Mom. DH had a plane that said Dad. I made Kayla a music note with her name, my youngest a teddy bear with Emily on it and then a foot print with baby written on it.

March 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Super Mommy
Aww! Those are cute ideas!
March 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Snowpeas
Love those ideas!!

We told family here by having Olivia wearing her big sister shirt (bought the transfer off ebay and made our own).

To tell my family I emailed them. I talked about how big Olivia was getting and how she was just a tiny, tiny little thing in my belly 2 years ago. I included an u/s picture, supposedly of her, but with this year's date, lol and then said something like "remember this ........ or do you?" And then at the very end there was a picture of her in her big sister shirt.

It took them quite a while to figure it out, they were all on the phone together puzzling over it until someone spotted that the date on the u/s was current. hee hee. It was lots of fun.
March 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
those are super cute ideas!

ok here is what we are thinking of doing but are not sure

since we are moving to tx in may and we are driving i want to get my ds a shirt that say im going to be a big brother and while on the road and closer to tx we want to send the pics via picture phone to our family and i think they will be more surprise when we get there bc i will be 5mons prego so thats that or we are thinking of just showing up with the belly hahaha

who knows!

March 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
CriscoNinja
Ok, well. I THOUGHT I could order 10 of those bags of M&M's, and it would have came to around 45 bucks. WELL I realize now the minimum order is 20! So it would bring the price up to $100!!

SO. New plan. I'm going to the craft store tonight, getting some craft paper, and I'm going to stamp custom covers for hershey bars... I'll post a pic when I get one done!!
March 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I've done the hershey bars for party favors, they are really cute! You can also do the mini bars, they are really cute too.

March 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Make that candy bar wrappers! there is a outline for it online and it will be cheaper than ordering them! They are fun to make too!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awe these are all cute ideas!!!!

All we did was put Andre in the big brother shirt and took him over to the parents house! And we didnt wait, we told my parents the same day we found out!
March 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I got shirts made. My oldest son's says I'm the bigger brother, my daughter says I'm the big sister and my little one's say I'm not a year old yet ( on the front) but I'm going to be a big brother in October. They are to wear these at my grandmother's birthday in May. That's when I going start telling family.

March 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
CriscoNinja
Ok, got my first candy bar wrapped... what do you think??

March 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cute idea!

We aren't telling family for a while. They don't appreciate children like we do.

March 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
cute idea for the chocolate bar! I wish I had thought of something that creative!

DH and I are panther's fans and he needed a new jersey (he had a peppers one) so I went out and bought him a new one and an infant jersey. He held up his and then saw the little one in the bottom of the box and wa so surprised. But baby is coming to the games with us and will need something to wear, right?
March 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
cute idea for the chocolate bar! I wish I had thought of something that creative!

DH and I are panther's fans and he needed a new jersey (he had a peppers one) so I went out and bought him a new one and an infant jersey. He held up his and then saw the little one in the bottom of the box and wa so surprised. But baby is coming to the games with us and will need something to wear, right?
March 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
CriscoNinja
The little jersey is an adorable idea!!

I didn't really tell my DF in a creative way... This was an unplanned miracle, and I was to say the least a little stressed out, so as soon as I walked in the door from the doc appt I was bawling! I had just lost my job and we had to put our 13 yr old cat down from cancer. It was a tough day we found out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search