**PRIVATE FORUM ** - Please read......

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 06:24 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Before we can get it set up we have to set the ground rules and I would like your input.

In the past, on other boards I have been on. The private forum is for ACTIVE members only. Meaning must post at least a certain amount within like a month.
Members must have a certain # of posts to their name before getting the password as well, I have seen 300 posts seem to be one often required. And the hosts are the only ones to give out the password.

So what would you all like to see??

I will get this set up as soon as possible for yall.

OH and Names???

I will look at the input and run a poll and hopefully we can get the private board up the beginning of the week. I don't wanna rush, not have rules in place and people be upset or feel something is unfair, or not comfy with WHO has access.

Idea for a name from me...... Secret Garden

March 21st, 2009, 06:29 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Secret Garden is cute, goes well with our Pumpkins. Whatever else is fine with me.

March 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
It can be Private Pies to go with our DDC name.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
i know im new ((to here anyway)) so it may be awhile before im allowed in. But I know in TTC we had the private subforum and it was only 30 posts, which i felt was too few. I think maybe 100+ (in this board) would keep the "lurkers" out. I'd love to be a part of it so don't make the criteria too outrageous! lol.
Names, i'll have to get back to you, im not so creative lol

TTC#4 since 09/13 Anovulatory cycles 9/13-3/14 Clomid 50mg- No O
Current cycle 3/19/14 Clomid 100mg 3-7 Waiting to O
March 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How many posts are required on this board within a certain time frame? I try to read to keep up on everyone and I want to remain at least a small part of the board but I just don't get a chance to post as often as most of you do. I know I would be more willing to put up pics of my family, etc., if it was on a private forum.

March 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Its hard to set a limit for posts to just THIS board... unless I went through and actually counted them.

The old board used to show a % or number for your most posts board which helped LOL

I don't wanna go and make the requirements without everyones input here. its OUR board, not MY board. LOL

I know some will say oh! 100 posts! thats too many, or the same with 200 or 300, but its really quite easy to get that many posts in on this board. Its a fun active board, and for those who are just shy of whatever requirement we set it wouldn't take long to meet that requirement ya know.

Some boards don't have a very strict requirement, where as others have a pretty high post requirement.

March 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Even though I hate the idea of a private board because it gives a false sense of security, I think 200 posts to gain access sounds fair.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
March 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, is the amount you mentioned before about "at least a certain amount within like a month", an amount that pertains to this board only or your total amount since joining?

For example, I have 1200+ posts but it has taken me 4 years to do it. LOL! I mean, I am here. I may be slow but I am at least consistant. LOL!

March 21st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i agree with the others like 200 or so. and a name.. maybe like secret patch? or secret pumpkin patch?

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 21st, 2009, 07:37 AM
Veteran
I have no idea how many post I have done. I would like to be able to post pictures, which I don't feel comfortable about doing now. BUT when I think about the lady who recently was a scam...she posted a lot too. I hope we can all remember that a private forum may give a false sense of security that may not be there.

Sorry to be a downer, but that really freaked me out.

Heartbeat 111bpm 6w1d
Heartbeat 139bpm 7w0d
Heartbeat 169bpm 8w1d
Dancing baby! 8w6d 174bpm

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds fine to me, i only have around 200 posts but 300 is fair too im sure it wont be but a couple weeks for me to get that. sounds good

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds fine to me, i only have around 200 posts but 300 is fair too im sure it wont be but a couple weeks for me to get that. sounds good

i look forward to it cause sometimes ive wanted to post more private things!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 21st, 2009, 08:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'd rather see it just limited to people who really are regular members because putting a limit on it is tough. Some people are still joining or haven't been here all that long. I know it hasn't even been a month since I got my BFP. For the people who got BFP due in late October they've been here for a lot less time then those who are due in the beginning of October.

March 21st, 2009, 08:38 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
It's total post, not just post in this board, right?

I think 300 post overall is a good number. As far as false security, that is true, however, I think that it is more of a security then just leaving an open forum to all to look at.

I don't know about a number of post a month, I know I will make the number (until I move then it might be a while) but I think 10 posts a month over all is ok...not just starting your own thread but also replying to threads.

I like the Secret Patch or Secret Pies
March 21st, 2009, 09:01 AM
Super Mommy
I think you should make a post that anyone who is interested in having the password that we know in this DDC be emailed the password, posts are not a big issue but I only feel comfy talkin about certain things with the ladies of this DDC. Whoever responds to the post should have the password as long as they have been on this board or will be having a baby in late sept/oct like most of our women are.
March 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
Snowpeas
I really like secret garden for the name.

As far as the # of posts, everything that's been suggested sounds reasonable to me.
March 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The mods can keep track of how many posts are specifically on THIS board. The PR i'm cohost of we had to up the amount of posts because anyone could spam the welcome board and other boards and quickly gain access. Our 'rules' are 200 posts in the Sep 07 PR and have been a member of JM for 30 days. I know it seems mean to keep people out, but if you stick around long enough you get access. There are just so many wackadoodles it makes sense to be a little bit strict.

It's hard to make it so you have to have a certain # of posts per month, as some people just can't be here as often- but you can always periodically change the password so when people leave and don't post here anymore, they can't just come back and lurk without asking for the PW again, KWIM?

ETA: the reason our board seems strict is because we had a LOT of issues with information leaking out to family members that girls didn't want people seeing- people leaving our PR for personal reasons and still having access, and tons and tons of fakers wanting access (we still get one every few months)

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think 300 posts for this board alone is a lot - purely because it's a fairly new forum with some girls still only just joining us. I think 100 sounds fair - that still seems like a lot to me!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search