->Private Forum Requirements<- Please vote

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How many posts should be the min. required to have access
100 15 30.61%
200 18 36.73%
300 16 32.65%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Please vote on what you feel the requirements should be.

Apprently you can only put in one poll at a time now.

The other part would be.... how long an active member??

2 week
1 month

March 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am confused... whats a private forum? Does that mean that you'd have to be member of the Oct DDC to view the posts? lol, remember I am a little slow...
March 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
I am confused... whats a private forum? Does that mean that you'd have to be member of the Oct DDC to view the posts? lol, remember I am a little slow...
yes its a password protected subforum for our board. Only those who are active members will have the password to get in.

March 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I can't answer this because this will actually be my first DDC on JM. I'm going to let the other girls answer for me.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks... still pretty new to this!
March 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
CriscoNinja
Yikes! I better get ta posting!! This is my first board on JM, so I'm only up to 91!
March 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the more the better. I think it should also be a requirement to be an active member in this DDC, not just on JM...if that is possible. I'm a pretty private person and am really cautious about posting pics for all to see. Are we talking a picture forum or what?
March 21st, 2009, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
well, for people like me, ive been on JM for 3 years, but I JUST joined the DDC a few days ago. So, of course I'd say active for 2 weeks on this board and however many posts..some people have more time than others to post.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

March 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_ann View Post
I think the more the better. I think it should also be a requirement to be an active member in this DDC, not just on JM...if that is possible. I'm a pretty private person and am really cautious about posting pics for all to see. Are we talking a picture forum or what?
It will be private in general. for those who want to post pics in there and not the open forum. And to post those things you do not want lurkers to see.

Though even a private forum, its still out there you know.

things can be copy and pasted and screen shot. So never post anything anywhere you want no one to see. LOL

March 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I think the person has to be active here in the DDC, and I am unsure about post counts. While I have a pretty darn high one, most trolls and fakes also have quite a few posts...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM
*Hayley*
i think they should be active for a month as well...anyone could be here a week. and what exactly makes someone "active"?
March 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
i think they should be active for a month as well...anyone could be here a week. and what exactly makes someone "active"?

I agree with active for a month. I have been here since I got my BFP (feb 2nd), but I know I don't post a whole lot.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should be active on the DDC board for a month with at least 200 posts

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I think you should be active but getting over 200 post isn't fair. I don't have much time to post alot with active 4 yr old, a 1 yr old and a 3 month old. 100 post is fair. Most people will be in the private forum posting and answering post and the public one will be dead. I want to post pics of kids but not in the public forum. I had a problem with a troll that stole my oldest son's pics and used them as it's own. I just join so my opinion doesn't matter. I don't want to be the only one in the public forum posting.

March 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddApple View Post
I think you should be active but getting over 200 post isn't fair. I don't have much time to post alot with active 4 yr old, a 1 yr old and a 3 month old. 100 post is fair. Most people will be in the private forum posting and answering post and the public one will be dead. I want to post pics of kids but not in the public forum. I had a problem with a troll that stole my oldest son's pics and used them as it's own. I just join so my opinion doesn't matter. I don't want to be the only one in the public forum posting.

I have never seen that happen. My sept 05 PR, has just gotten a private subforum, never needed, and its barely used at all.

in the Jan 08 PR, we also have a private board and while it is active, most posts are still on the main board, I personally HATE private subforums, I find them very unwelcoming... but thats me.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
Yikes, I'd better catch up with my posts!
March 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
300 posts and 1 month in the DDC.

And really have no fear of no one posting on the main forum. Only private stuff goes in the pf, everything else still gets posted here. In my old PR, the private forum got used maybe once a week.

March 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I'm new to JM I just joined this week so idk.. guess I wont vote and whatever u guys choose I'll just have to catch up
March 21st, 2009, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_ann View Post

Ditto thats what I have been trying to get at. I hit 300 posts, even though i am not up there I will be by the time the forum is open for sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search