My in-laws...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
....are the best! My mother-in-law offered to pay for our entire nursery, so DH and I don't have to worry about spending any money on it. This even includes having someone come in to paint the nursery with a cute motif, add shelves to the closet, and new closet doors if we want them.

What is even nicer of her is that she's not doing this to make herself look good. She said to check with my mom first because maybe my mom was planning on doing the nursery.

Oh and this would be her 3rd grandchild, not her first.

ETA: She also said that she is committed to babysitting one day a week for us, which would help alot. I need to work part time b/c DH's work doesn't have health benefits and mine does.
March 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Can't we trade in laws? That is so awesome!!!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seriously!!! You are so lucky! The only reason my MIL would ever offer to pay for the nursery is to rub it in our faces for the rest of our lives. What a great relationship you must have!
March 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kristen. View Post
Can't we trade in laws? That is so awesome!!!

LOL! Heck no! I won the in-law lottery. When we went on our honeymoon f-i-l drywalled our entire garage, and put cabinets and shelves in. He also hung all the window coverings and put up the light fixtures. M-i-l hired someone to come pull out some tree stumps and worked on the yard.

When we went back to Australia (honeymoon place), m-i-l hired window cleaners, cleaned the entire house, and bought some cute things for the house. When I called her to thank her, she said that she was very nervous that maybe she was overstepping her bounds. I told her that she wasn't and I loved everything she did. Our taste is very similar.

When I broke my wrist, she had a housecleaner come to our house a few times, and even paid her extra to do the laundry and put it all away.

Oh, and she has never once brought up all the stuff that she and my f-i-l have done for us. Not once have either of them asked for anything in return. They are just nice people who enjoy making others happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
Seriously!!! You are so lucky! The only reason my MIL would ever offer to pay for the nursery is to rub it in our faces for the rest of our lives. What a great relationship you must have!

My in-laws have treated me like family since the day I began dating their son. They truly are 2 of the most generous people on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshum07 View Post
that is awesome!!

I'm lucky...very very lucky.
March 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's so great!! I'm jealous!! lol My in-laws are just there. They don't ever really pay attention to my girls, and my DH is always getting the shaft from them. Really irritates me.
For my shower, they didn't even take the time to buy a present, they wrote a check for $100 at the shower and handed it to me. No card, nothing.
For my dd's 1st birthday, they showed up over 2 hours late, without a present, ate and left.
So you REALLY lucked out and I hope you enjoy it!!

March 21st, 2009, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
OH GOODNESS! What a dream! I'm so happy for you!!! My parents are on the west coast, hubby's are on the east coast. We're stationed in Nebraska for the time being.
YIKES!
March 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome!! What a loving and thoughtful couple.

It has taken me 18 years to be on good terms with my mil. It was worth it. Having a mil you don't get along with makes things very difficult and it really wastes a lot of time on what *could be* a great thing. My fil doesn't speak english so we get along well. LOL!

March 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Snowpeas
That's wonderful! Having great in-laws make life so much easier!

I love my IL's so much too and I actually get along with them better than my own parents sometimes. lol
March 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How wonderful!!!! You definitely did win the in-law lotto!!!!
March 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
How nice that you don't have to worry about that. My ILs did sort of the same thing when we had DS they gave us $700 dollars to buy whatever we wanted for the baby. We got a stroller, crib, glider rocker and a bassinet. It was great!

I hope you enjoy what she gets you guys. You will have to show us pictures.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search