Freaking out a bit...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
A few weeks before I got my BFP, I was 160lbs.. between working with greasy foods and my appetite increasing I was at 171 for my 1st pregnatal appt. Then the m/s kicked in and my appetite left.. 4 weeks later I was 163, and now 3 weeks after that, 7 weeks since my 1st prenatal I am down to 155.. While I would love to be able to lost 16 lbs in 7 weeks, its not that great while pregnant...

I am so sick of being sick. I went to a GI doc after still not being able to poop (posted about it on Monday) they gave me a laxative, and I couldn't keep it down for it to work... I cannot keep ANYTHING down. Fortunetly my electrolytes are still normal, though I don't understand how though.

I was talking to a friend of a friend and found out she delivered her baby in the toilet thinking she had to poop. After not going for a few days, she had to push a little harder than normal, and instead of poop out came the baby.. I have heard of this numerous times on discovery health. But this is the 3rd person I have spoken to IN PERSON that this has happened to. Anyway, with the fact that I pushed Collin out so easily after such a short labor, and me not pooping normally I am petrified I am going to have the baby in the toilet. I feel like such an idiot for having this fear... I just know how important it is for this baby to have medical care the second s/he is born, and I am afraid its not going to happen.

Another fear is, the baby being in the hospital for a while before coming home. I already know this baby will be in a couple days longer than Thomas and Collin. I know this baby will be needing some interventions. I am petrified that if the baby is in the hospital longer than me, breastfeeding is not going to work. And while I did great with Collin I am still not over having to stop at 3 months. I want to breastfeed for as long as possible. I don't want to stop because I can't cut it, or because my medication isn't safe. I need to do it, for me more than the baby even..

Lastly, my patience is just not there for the kids, and I am talking for like 6 months... I have been so irritable, I blame it on the living situation, but who knows. I am just so afraid I am not going to cut it as a mom of three.

The worst part is other than being worried about not being able to love both boys, I have never had any fears with either son..

I am just going to shut up now.. I just have so much crap in my mind..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh honey I am sorry you are so stressed....

Have you talked about your delivery fears with your doctor? I am positive she could reassure you. What medications do they have you on for nausea? As far as laxatives, ask for a suppository if you can't keep any meds down long enough. Usually the pharmacy will simply prepare your current prescription in that form if you call and ask (my friend had to and I can find out what med she had if you need it).

It is totally possible to bf while your baby is in the hospital! So many mothers of preemies pump and deliver the milk. Please don't worry about that just invest in a good pump or ask your insurance if they would cover a few days for you to stay in hospital if your baby isn't discharged at the same time. My insurance (United) will cover my stay an add'l 3 days if I need it.

We always focus on the worst possible thing that could happen instead of relaxing and realizing that none of those things have happened yet. I don't know if any of this helps, but my t&p's are with you and I hope you feel better soon...
March 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Since you know you are pregnant there is just a lot more than pushing out a baby in the toilet and by chance you do call 911 and they will be there and just lift them out and suck them out I wouldn't worry about it. You will have enough love for the baby, Thomas and Colin!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i sent you a private message about a week ago, did it go through? we have very similar situations medicine wise.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 21st, 2009, 01:05 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry about your weight right now, losing is perfectly normal and ok. As long as you keep some liquids down, everything will be ok.

March 21st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((Hug))) I am sorry that you are having to deal with such worries. I delivered on of my babies at home without knowing for sure that I was in labor. Well, I knew for about 2 minutes after my water broke. I had the urge to pee and when I went to sit down, I felt her crowning. I was able to reach down and catch all 8 lbs. 10 oz. of her without dropping her.

Since you have had babies before, I think you will be more aware of what you are feeling, even if one was very easy and effortless.

I understand the fear of needing to be at the hospital when baby is born. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am sure you are just stressed and your hormones are playing around with you. Just try to take a deep breath and find that patience you are looking for.

Hang in there!! ((HUG))

March 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Snowpeas
Lots of ((hugs)). I second asking about a suppository. At least that way you don't have to worry about throwing it up. Are there any other anti-nausea medications they can give you?

I know losing weight is not a big concern in the first trimester since baby doesn't really need any extra calories/etc yet. It's in the second trimester when they start demanding more from our bodies. Hopefully, your nausea will ease up by then but even if it doesn't the baby will take what it needs from you and be fine (you will probably be a little nutrient deficient for a little while but baby will be okay).

Is your doctor going to do any extra monitoring with this baby? It might provide extra reassurance and I'm sure they will keep an eagle eye on you when you get close to delivery. Express your concerns to your doctor, he might already have a plan or will institute one that will help.

As far as breastfeeding goes, just do the best you can. I know that the lactation consultants are priceless - they can help you through almost any situation. Also the LaLeche League has some great resources and tips and tricks that can make bf'ing a hospitalized baby easier and help overcome any problems at home too.

I have found myself extra irritable lately too, but thankfully my dh has been taking over when I have less patience. I have guilt about it but those hormones are pretty darn strong!

If you haven't had this before....maybe it's because you're having a girl this time!?!
March 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe I am so sorry you are stressing so much. Try to be calm and talk more to your doctor to see if it can alleviate some of your stress. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
March 21st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
im sorry you're so stressed
My son was in the NICU for a week after I was discharged and I was able to pump and they gave it to him at every feeding.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

March 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Sounds like I have probably missed some previous posts. Why is this baby going to need intervention when it is born? I definitely understand you stressing over that because we all worry about our babies coming out healthy - if you already know the baby will need extra care that is a burden for you to carry.

I understand the breastfeeding thing also as it is important to me too. The only thing I can say about the breastfeeding is, try not to stress about it NOW. There are a lot of positive books out there about b'feeding - and I'm sure there are some wonderful women out there who could answer questions about expressing if that's what you might need to do to get your milk supply in if you leave hospital before your babe. If it's a real possiblity then you can be armed with facts and positive tips before you have your baby.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn

I think talking to your ob/midwife is a great idea. Hopefully they will be able to ease your worries...
March 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Oh hon, I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed! *hugs* You should talk to your doctor about your concerns, I bet he/she could ease your worries a help you to feel a lot more secure. Everything is going to be just fine I know it can seem overwhelming, but things have a way of working out.

I've been watching that show on Discovery Health "I didn't know I was Pregnant" and many women then have had their babies on the toilet.... but that was more because they didn't know what was going on when they had pain. The chances of it happening to you are slim to none. We're all here for you!!!

March 23rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Thank you everyone. I swear I feel like this is my 1st. I never had any fears before regarding much at all.. this time I just cannot help but be so nervous...

Mum74 I am on methodone, the baby will be going through withdrawel after s/he is born.

Which is one of the main reasons nursing is so important to me. It will help the baby withdrawel, its supposed to help with the pain and uncomfort of it. I am already feel so guilty about being on it while pregnant, so I want to do everything I can to make sure s/he is okay when born.

I am calling the GI doc at 9am and I am going to beg for a supp.

Its funny I considered yesterday to be such an awesome day, I had only puked 3 times :LOL:

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I feel like such a freak being worried about some of the things I am, esp. the toilet thing I just cannot help it.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness don't worry about being a "freak!" If you only knew the fears that keep me up at night! Seriously everything will be fine and I hope you feel better soon!
March 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, no one thinks you're a freak. We ALL worry and sometimes those fears to us, aren't so fearful for others. It doesn't mean they are justified though. You are entitled to any fears, and I promise, we won't laugh at you.

March 23rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry so much everything wil be fine and you will be a GREAT mother to 3!!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search