Have I told you ladies that......

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 02:49 PM
Super Mommy
we're currently stationed in Nebraska, but have orders for Guam in August?
I'll be flying when I'm 7 months pregnant with a husband, a 3 1/2 year old, a dog, and a cat. Am I that crazy? And this isn't just a "flight," this is like a ridiculously long 1/2 of a work week.
I don't look forward to the flight.
My parents live in Seattle, and hubby's parents are in Long Island, NY. I *THINK* and *HOPE* that his parents will be out to help us when the baby is born in October. Let's hope!
Just thought I would tell you all that. Seems like there are a decent amount of military gals on here!
Jamie
March 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Regular
I always was told that you couldn't fly when you are past six months. I would ask the doctor if you can.
March 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Snowpeas
Wow, Guam? It sounds like a very interesting place. I hope the flight is uneventful - it sounds like a long one!
March 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Wow Now are you the one in or you DH? I think if it was you in I believe you can get it changed, because the altitude and pressure could do some odd things to a pregnancy. How long will you be in Guam for?

We will have a girl in Italy and Guam! This isn't fair!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Super Mommy
You can fly as long as its not your last month
but... GUAM?? May I say *** that!! LOL. Do they even have hospitals?
March 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW Guam? Well I wish you the best!

I am not a military wife, but my DH works for U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security. I know random things always happen with us to. Thankfully we don't have to worry about tours or being shipped out anywhere, just short details every so often.
March 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
Wow! We were going to Germany but we can't now because of our DS's lung disease so we are probably going to California.

March 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't told my doctor yet because I am truly heartbroken that we won't be delivering with her. I read in her little "Congrats on getting preggo" paperwork that she doesn't want us flying past 36 weeks.
My husband is in the Air Force. I don't think I could do it and have him in too!
Yes, Guam. I know.. I'm still trying to put my head around it. LOL, yes, they do have hospitals there. I will be delivering at a Navy hospital about 20 minutes or miles away from our main Air Force base (I know, big difference)! That's why I am SO hoping my in-laws will be coming to town. Especially for my 3 year old son. He really needs that sort of stability.
I do think this will all be quite interesting. We're still freaking out about certain things: Shipping a car (which one), when should we send our stuff over, what if the baby stuff comes late.. and the baby is early, the 21 hour freaking flight from Houston to Hawaii to Guam (we start in Omaha first). UGH! The list goes on. Can you tell I'm not overly excited.
I'm excited to be living in nice weather and seeing palm trees 24/7, but it's just SO far away! I honestly thought we'd get stateside orders next. We lived in England for 3 years before this assignment. The military works in mysterious ways.
Thanks for listening ladies! HUGS!
March 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I flew from Ohio to England at 7 months preggers, it was a very uncomfortable flight! lol

March 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I am so with you in that boat. We are flying to Italy in about 6 weeks to live!

It's going to be dh, the boys and a cat. Luckily I will only be a little over 17 weeks so I'm hoping for a smooth plane ride. The only down side is the 9 hours tranatlantic flight...

Don't forget to get up for about 10 minutes every hour during the flight to get your blood moving to deter blood clots.
March 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Wow! I hope everything goes smoothly, I'd be nervous to fly when that far along. Then again, I get nervous to fly at all lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search