when does m/s end?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to bore everyone with yet another topic about m/s, but I really don't know the answer! When can I expect m/s to go away? I am 11 wks today and even with Zofran its just as bad as when I was 5wks. My m/s lasts all day and usually at night too- I cannot deal much longer!

When they say that for most people it ends by the 4th month- does it gradually get better and then go away? Or does it just suddenly disappear?
March 22nd, 2009, 05:08 AM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Meg... sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in my first pregnancy, it NEVER ended! I was sick 40.5 weeks. I had a pan in L&D because I threw up even while in labor with Hugo. Not fun!

I had about 8 refills of Zofran. I also tried Sea Bands, ginger, saltines, Preggo Pops, everything that is recommended. It definitely slacked up around 28-30 weeks, but I was still sick about 3x/week. Don't want to scare you, but it is definitely possible to have it the whole time- unfortunately!

Most people say it ends by the first trimester though. This pregnancy is MUCH better for me and I now have it about 3x/week which is tolerable. I'm hoping it will go away... I'm 12 weeks now.

March 22nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
mine has eased up tremendously.. I mean I am still nausous at the sight of almost all food and i do throw up once every other day.. but.. i was throwing up 6 + times a day a weeks ago.. mine lasted like that about 2 1/2 weeks... I really hope it eases up for you.. and soon!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 22nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Ideally morning sickness is suppose to tapper off early second trimester, however this isn't always the case. It can vary from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy, so it's really unpredictable. With my first, I felt like I was nauseous throughout the entire Pregnancy.... I hope you find some relief soon!! Have you tried any tricks for relieving m/s?

March 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Snowpeas
It varies from woman to woman but usually it's better by the 2nd trimester. With Olivia I started feeling better at around 20 weeks.

Sometimes it gradually eases up and sometimes you literally wake up one day and it's gone.
March 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ack!!! It can last the whole time??????

I tried preggo pops (no go), eating crackers before getting out of bed (no go) and Zofran. I seriously thought it would be fading by now but its not! The only thing that kinda helps is eating many small meals and sucking on hard candy but nothing really stops it.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for those of you feeling better- but I want to too!
March 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear it is supposed to get better early in the second trimester but like others have said it is different for everyone woman. I am sorry nothing is helping. My prenatals make me nauseous but it helps if I take it will a small glass of ginger ale.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search