What kind of parent does this

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Ok this may be long but I know you all will feel the way I did. I'll give you some background. i have a twin sister,Shawna and she is an idiot. She has 2 kids. She lost custody of her oldest to his dad. She has joint custody of her youngest, Jacob. Now her youngest's father, Rich, has remarried and they are currently expecting. Due Sept 30th. His wife, Sheryl, has a child the same age as his son(my nephew). He left my sister 5 months pregnant to be with this girl who was 4 months pregnant with another mans baby. Ok now on to what happened. I get a call from Sheryl yesterday just as I'm getting home from grocery store. She tells me that Shawna has left Jacob at Sheryl's neighbors house becuase she is going to a concert. She asks me if I can go pick him up because she is at work and she can't get a hold of Rich. I'm think are you kidding me. She left him with a complete stranger so she could go to a concert. Well the I find out that jacob is very sick. He has broncitis and on top of that he just had 3 seizures the week before. So he is very sick staying at some strangers house. So I rush over there and find out that my sister left no medicine, no diapers, nothing for him. He is running a fever, coughing, and nose running. I'm livid at this point. I call my mom ask if she has diapers because I have none. Athena is potty trained. She didn't but wants me to come over so she can look at Jacob. I go to the store to buy diapers and go to my moms. We start calling all three of them trying to find out why he was left at a strangers house. Come to find out none of them wanted him becuase he was sick and they didn't want to deal with. WHAT?????? So I'm screaming at my sister for going to a concert when her son is so sick. Her excuse "they were supposed to watch him" meaning Rich and Sheryl. I tell her thats bull she should have never left with her son as sick as he is. Their excuse " we told her no because I don't want to get sick". I'm sorry and I do. Thats what happens when you have kids. They get sick. You don't just get to pawn them off on someone. So eventually Rich comes to get him. I go off on him for not being responsible. Then my mom calls my sister and informs her not so nicely that if this happens again she will personally call child services. On all of them. My poor nephew. I wish I could afford to keep him. If I wasn't expecting again I would have filed for custody. I am still contemplating it but at the moment 3 kids would be alot and my car isn't big enough. ****I did change the names of these people****

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 22nd, 2009, 10:40 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Omg, Seriously.. *** is wrong with some people!! Well it definatly seems you got more oxygen in the womb, than your sister. I just can't understand how a mother of all people can treat their child like that. I think all of us would give our lives in a heartbeat for our kids, then you see/hear of someone like that and it makes me want to throw up!!
All I can say is thank God that kid has you and your Mom.

March 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats how we feel. They want to pop out kids but they don't want to take care of them when they really need it. Its like the teenagers you see on the Maury show. They want the fun part of a baby but not the hard stuff. pathetic.

March 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
CriscoNinja
Oh my!! That's awful!! I would never leave my sick kids!! I remember one time myself, my son and my daughter all had the stomach flu, and they were too little to make it to the bathroom, so we all slept on about 20 huge towels spread out on the living room floor with buckets all around... all three of us were at it...

Good times....

Hopefully they get their act together for your nephew's sake!! I feel so bad for him!!
March 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Holy cow! That is ridiculous! I'm sorry but CPS would be called in a heartbeat! Sorry if that sounds rough, I understand she's your sister but kids come first, some parents haven't realized that and some may never.
March 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I want to be able to take him when we call. Right now I can't. In a about a week I will. I don't want him ending up in a foster home.

March 22nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Snowpeas
That is absolutely horrible, that poor boy!! I hope he is able to get out of that situation soon.
March 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I don't blame you! I would have killed her. No matter if he is sick or not he is still a child and needs to be taken care of! And dropping him off at the neighbors house I would have flipped out. It is a lot for you and I know you are a good mommy and aunt!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
That poor baby, I could never imagine even leaving with Karsyn when she is sick, especially not knowing them! WOW thats really upsetting and ridiculous!

March 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's horrible!

March 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am absolutely speechless. That is beyond terrible. Thank goodness he has an aunt like you.
March 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you had to deal with this. Hugs to you and your family!
March 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that poor child. he deserves better!!!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's awful. Poor kid. I can't imagine leaving my sick child so I can go have some fun.

March 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people just dont get it. And should not be allowed to have kids.

March 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel so bad for your nephew. He didn't asked to be treated like that. I have a friend who acts the same. She just had a tummy tuck and hasn't even seen her kids in over 3 weeks. I don't understand how a mother can treat her child(ren) like that.
March 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg! that makes me angry!!!! I would file f or custody too! or at least want to. obviously that poor kid doesnt have one parent with a brain cell... no offence..

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search