Can you help me... O/T..

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 07:01 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH sent me an email from work, one of his buddies found a dog over the weekend and now they are trying to find a home for her.
They guess she's around 3.5 months old... however, I think she looks much older. 9months to a year.

Also, what type of dog do you think this is? They guessed and their guess is NOT what I think it is. So I want your opinions and I'm not telling you their guess or my guess until I hear yours.

March 23rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
maybe part pitbull? lol, the markings look like beagle (that doesn't mean anything) and the thought of a pit and beagle makes me smile cute puppy!
March 23rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Ditto to Meg's post. I would definitely look pit bull in the face but the markings are beagle/hound. Maybe even part bulldog?

Thanks to cavewoman

March 23rd, 2009, 07:51 AM
*Hayley*
she's definitely part pit- and super cute i might add

you should suggest they take her to a local rescue. BTW that dog is WAY older than 3.5 months maybe 5 or 6 months at the minimum
March 23rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Ok, see... I KNEW it!!! They tried to say she was American Bulldog. I said it's a Pitbull! She doesn't have the Jowles that a bulldog would have. And I agree, she's way older than 3.5 months. My guess was 9 months, just by looking at size comparisons online.

March 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
She looks part pitbull to me *scratches head* I hope they find her owner or a home soon!!

March 23rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Well, DH emailed me because I LOOOOOVE bulldogs nd want one so bad. He said we could adopt her, however.. I do NOT think she's a bulldog and I do NOT want a pit around my kids.

March 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she ,in my opinion, kinda looks like a boxer pup. =\ *shrugs*but im not dog expert

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 23rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Well I guess they are taking the dog to the vet tonight or tomorrow and we'll find out for sure then. I'm 95% sure though that she is pit or atleast part pit.

March 23rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before I read your other posts I was going to guess American Bulldog. So many breeds have the same traits as pits. She definitely looks like she has hound in her.
March 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
You think Crystal? Dh said everything thinks Pit because they are more known that an American bulldog, People hear bulldog and think English.
I'm not holding my breath though. I'd LOVE to have her, but won't take a Pit.

March 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
I volunteered at a shelter for 5 years. We were always slow to call anything a pit. I am looking for this site we found. It compares all the dogs that share the same traits a pits. I can't seem to find it but will post it later if I do. There is something about the shape of her jaw that say american bulldog to me. I also found this.. I hope it helps

Wikipedia states:
Pit Bull is a term commonly used to describe several breeds of dog in the Molosser family. The breeds most often placed in this category are the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

In the media the term is vague and may include other breeds with similar physical characteristics, such as the Perro de Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Alano Espanol, Japanese Tosa, Dogue de Bordeaux, Cordoba Fighting Dog, Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, American Bulldog, Boxer, Valley Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge, Renascence Bulldogge, and Banter Bulldogge. These breeds are rarely listed by name in breed-specific legislation, but they are sometimes included when the term is defined broadly and based on physical appearance.[1]

Picture of an american bulldog:
March 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
See, that's what throws me because seems all bulldogs, even part bulldogs have the jowles and this dog doesn't.
I have a feeling this dog was ditched because the area it was found in, has just enabled a "No pit" law so all owners need to move or get rid of them or be fined.

March 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Vet says half American Bulldog, not sure of whatelse yet but doesn't think pit.. thinks boxer or American staffordshire terrier. Approx. 4 months!!! Now I think the other half is St. bernard! lol

March 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
she looks part pit to me.. her head/face does.

March 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Here is a pic of our American Bulldogs...the one on the left is mixed...the one on the right isn't...He's straight American Bulldog. She kind of looks like him in the muzzle.

March 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Well, guess we're giving the puppy a trial run and seeing how we all adjust to her and she adjusts to us. If she's at all tempermental, she's gone but they says she's VERY loving. Wish us luck!!

March 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Wow you are ambitious- two kids, a new baby in a few months and a puppy! You're like superwoman! I am lucky if I get the laundry done
March 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Good Luck!! I hope she works out for you guys and adds lots of love to you family. I love dogs... mine are spoiled rotten!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search