Mommy of the Week drewbears for 3.23.09

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Please fill out our little survey and if any of the ladies would like to ask questions she is all your's! We are getting to know to know her!!!

Name:
Eye Color:
Hair color:
Favorite things to do:
Favorite pass time as a child:
If you could have a vacation ANYWHERE in the world where would it be?

**If you would like to add any questions to this survey to be on every survey please pm me or if you would like to be added to our MOTW!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Name:
State you live in: Delaware
Eye Color: Blue
Hair color: Dark blonde, now with light blond highlights and brownish red low lights
Favorite things to do: Be with my family
Favorite pass time as a child: hmmmm...... don't really have one
If you could have a vacation ANYWHERE in the world where would it be? Jamaica

March 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Peytonsmomma
congrats jen!
what has been your biggest challenge of raising a large family? what do you and your husband do to have "your" time like watch a movie etc..
March 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you were younger did you see yourself with a big family?

What is your favorite food?

What is your all time favorite movie?
March 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
describe your house the best you can.. like .. when you walk in the door.. go left go right.. blah
hmmmm I can do better... pics the day we moved in... so its empty..... http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

when did you know you wanted a big family?
When we got married we had agreed on 4. We hoped for 2 girls and 2 boys. But it didn't happen like that. When we had #4 it just felt like someone was missing. Same after #5. And when had #6 we seriously considered 8. I do not wanna be preggo after I am 34. So we are done then. After this we hope for one more. But consider fertility issues and all. I dunno.

will this be your last?
Hopefully not. But we will see.

March 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
what has been your biggest challenge of raising a large family?
Hmmmm while its financially tighter. But the challenge I would say is overcoming what people assume and say to and about you. Lets say for instance... now the octuplet mom, she is giving big families a bad name in that when you have alot of kids you can't take care of them, you live in a dirty house and you must call 911 all the time. Hmmmm we have never called 911 LOL But people will assume stuff all the time. And say things that just make your jaw drop. Asking if we know about birth control, or if we have a TV. Some people think they are funny in stuff they say, but honestly it gets annoying. And its VERY refreshing when people compliment us! I think so many assume when you have lots of kids they behave badly and such and that is not true.

what do you and your husband do to have "your" time like watch a movie etc..
not much time for just us. I don't trust many people to watch over my kids. I would rather be with them you know. But if we do get out... we usually do dinner and a movie. But our us time is usually after the kids go to bed and we catch up on stuff on DVR. So not exciting huh?!

When you were younger did you see yourself with a big family?
Nope. I saw 4 at the most, thought anyone with more than that was nuts! LOL

What is your favorite food?
right now, nothing. LOL Usually though I love sushi! and Japanese steakhouse stuff!

What is your all time favorite movie?
Talladaga Nights!

March 24th, 2009, 05:01 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have any questions for you, I just want to compliment you on what an outstanding woman and mother you are! Congrats on #7 and good luck if you decide to go for #8!! Good for you!!
March 27th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaS. View Post
I don't really have any questions for you, I just want to compliment you on what an outstanding woman and mother you are! Congrats on #7 and good luck if you decide to go for #8!! Good for you!!
Aw! You are so sweet! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.crystal View Post
I agree with Gina. You have such a lovely family! Did each pregnancy get easier? Or did you have M/S with all, one or two? (don't know if that sounded right. lol)
Once the morning sickness part is over my pregnancies are pretty easy going. With my first though I had like no morning sickness. Other than missing my period I would have never known I was pregnant.

The m/s seems to get worse with each one. Not fun, but worth it in the end.

March 27th, 2009, 07:22 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have a beautiful house!
Do you have pets, if so what?
How did you meet your hubby? How did he propose?
If you could have one day for JUST YOU, what would you do?
What time do you get up in the mornings? What time do you go to bed?
What's a typical day like for you? From when you get up until you go to bed, how is your normal schedule?

March 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Snowpeas
What's your favorite part of pregnancy?

Do you find the worry increases, decreases, or stays the same with each pregnancy?

What does your children think of the new baby coming?

What hobbies do you have?

If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
March 30th, 2009, 04:17 AM
You have a beautiful house!
Thank you! We like our house. A very kid friendly neighborhood. And my house ends up being the hang out.

Do you have pets, if so what?
No pets. we had a little yorkie we got rid of this summer. Just too much going on for a pet.

How did you meet your hubby? How did he propose?
DH and I met at a winter church youth retreat the end of Dec 95, we officially started dating Feb 1st 96 (were married feb 1st 97)
The proposal wasn't much... we picked out the ring... went to the car and he asked me in there. LOL

If you could have one day for JUST YOU, what would you do?
A day at the spa!!!!!

What time do you get up in the mornings? What time do you go to bed?
I get up at about 5:30-6. Go to bed.... right now 8pm... but when I am not feeling sick usually 11.

What's a typical day like for you? From when you get up until you go to bed, how is your normal schedule?
Get up, shower, get the kids up and fed, dressed, and to school. Come home (if there are no appointments or needing to run to the store). Get the 3 little ones chocolate milk and get to work on the computer. Then lunch, nap time (not for me) usually only bella naps. I clean up then, and then play with the boys and bella if she is up again. Then to get the kids from school. Get home, kids do homework, get snacks. Then more play time. Time get dinner started. Feed the kids, then showers and pjs. Being I haven't been feeling good after showers... we will lay up on my bed and read books or watch disney or noggin. Then bed time.

Not too exciting huh? LOL

What's your favorite part of pregnancy?
Feeling movement and actually the birth.

Do you find the worry increases, decreases, or stays the same with each pregnancy?
Actually worry increases for me. I think with each, I know more of what could go wrong and worry more.

What does your children think of the new baby coming?
The kids are so excited. they cant wait. Bella knows nothing. I will wait till my belly is really big and then talk about the baby.

What hobbies do you have?
I am actually learning to knit right now! LOL well TRYING to.

If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
to be debt free. Sure I would love to be rich, but honestly if we were debt free right now, just had the regular bills, house, insurance, utilities things would be great.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I wished we could move to TN, the knoxville area.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search