Who is getting their tubes tied after this baby?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I'm kinda scared. This is my last pregnancy. I'm getting my tubes tied. I planned to do it this summer but it looks like that's not going to happen. It just hit me a couple of minutes ago I'll never have morning sickness or feel a baby move in me after this baby. Who is on the same boat as me?

March 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
This will be my last but dr. said I was way too young to get my tubes tied and that she doesn't recommend it to anyone because feelings always change... I guess shes right, for me anyways... I see you will have 4 and your hands filled! LOL
March 23rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I have always said we only wanted to have two children. So I will be discussing it with my Doctor, but I am like you I am young so I know they always try to discourage you from doing it. I am 25 and will be turning 26 right after I have this baby. So we will see. I would also really like for them to do it at the same time I am at the hospital, especially since I am having a c-sec and will already be cut open!
March 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
My dr is probably going to try and convince me to get my tubes tied, but I think my DH is going to get fixed. If I had c-sections or if I did, it would probably be me, but I just can't do it. This one will be my last, so I'm kinda in the same boat.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Depends, if this one is a boy it's probably our last, but if we have another girl we may try for another after a few years...at least until Ava is out of daycare and in school I don't think I'll be getting my tubes tied though. I'm still trying to convince DH that when we are sure we're done it should be him who takes the big step!
March 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
I always said I only wanted 2 kids, but just thinking about this one being my last kinda makes me sad....plus I am only 24 so I have awhile to decide. I think I am going to get the implanon birth control that last 5 years or get the 10 year one, dont know yet...

March 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm gonna pass on any kind of surgery. No. Thank. You!!!

This child was not planned.. at all.. wanted to wait years to have another, so right now I feel like i'm too young to be making any decisions like that. I have a LOT of child bearing years in front of me, and while I can't see having another one, I could easily change my mind down the road.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
*Hayley*
noooope. i can't imagine getting my tubes tied, even though this might be our last. i would feel like I robbed myself of something. i don't know why i have such an aversion to this for myself...
March 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
I will be getting my tubes tied and soon after my DH will be getting a the big V.

I feel that this is what is best for our family.

March 23rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is getting snipped, since I have to have surgery. lol But yes, this is our last and I'm ok with it. I HATE being pregnant and I know I will not miss it. I'm sure at some point I'll miss having a newborn, but I know 3 is it for us.

March 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
IF, now I mean if I end up with another C-section I will get my tubes tied. But if I succeed in having my VBAC then I won't. Though DH is going in this summer to get his V done. This little surprise is our last. 6 is quite enough for us.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Snowpeas
I'm not going to get my tubes tied but this *might* be my last pregnancy. It is kind of bittersweet and I'm trying to enjoy every moment.
March 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Super Mommy
I am getting everything taken out because of health. I am only 26 this will be my third and I was sad until I got preggo this time. I think my body is just to old. Really if I set and think about it I dont think I could handle another pregnancy. Morning sickness and being tired has got to me this time. Before it didnt even happen. So I am going to miss the first look at my babies and the feelings of kicking and the belly but, Honestly I think I am going to be ok not to have anymore.

THANKS TO *Sharon* FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SIGGY!!!

BFP!!!!! 2/11/09
Beta #1 -2184
Beta #2 -4800
Beta #3-13000
Beta #4-35000
March 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
not for me this is my 1st and we don't know how many we want but when we are done DH will be the one getting fixed not me

March 24th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I might. We definitely want 3 children but not more. I have to have a c-sec so it will probably make sense to do it then. At the moment I'm really okay with it. 3 children is what I want so I'm at peace with this being my last pregnancy. (Also I'm 34 so this is no huge issue for me to think about - agewise I am ready).

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 24th, 2009, 05:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NOt me we are just going to use preventive measures

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 24th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be having a c-section but I don't think I want my tubes tied. We are not planning on anymore and I am fine with DH having it it done. Having my tubes tied has just never felt right with me. I don't know, though. This is the first time I have considered it. I go back and forth and more towards no.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search