Stressing over weight

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really wouldn't be too concerned about your weight. Three pounds really isn't bad at all! I got yelled at my last pregnancy for gaining 10 in a month when I wasn't really eating much.. and it totally freaked me out.

The way it seems to me is that your body is going to gain what it wants/needs to gain for a healthy pregnancy regardless of what you do. As long as you aren't eating like you're growing an adult linebacker, the weight you gain is just natural.

Try not to stress, and splurge every now and then! You're pregnant- you're allowed

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't get why you would be yelled at for 3 lbs.
March 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I gained about 40lbs with my last pregnancy and got yelled at for every lb gained even though I was underweight to begin with.. so you'd think they'd WANT me to gain more, right? nope.

Doctors are mean when it comes to weight, they really are. I'd just try to let it roll off of your back. I gained THE MOST weight at the end of my 1st trimester and throughout my 2nd. It tapers off during the third except for your baby gaining weight (and water weight of course).

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with fishysticks, "your pregnant - you're allowed" splurge every now and then and try to eat healthy when you can. If you have to eat the cheese, meat and sour cream, just do it in moderation.
March 23rd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysticks View Post

The way it seems to me is that your body is going to gain what it wants/needs to gain for a healthy pregnancy regardless of what you do. As long as you aren't eating like you're growing an adult linebacker, the weight you gain is just natural.

Try not to stress, and splurge every now and then! You're pregnant- you're allowed
March 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think 3 pounds is great! Pregnancy isn't a time when you should be worried about gaining what is an appropriate amount of weight - and a 39 pound gain in your last pregnancy really isn't excessive or anything, especially if you had any water weight at all.

Eating things like meat, cheese, and sour cream are GOOD for your baby. S/he needs the calcium and protein in those foods. They are healthy too, in moderation.

March 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think 3 pounds is great! Pregnancy isn't a time when you should be worried about gaining what is an appropriate amount of weight - and a 39 pound gain in your last pregnancy really isn't excessive or anything, especially if you had any water weight at all.

Eating things like meat, cheese, and sour cream are GOOD for your baby. S/he needs the calcium and protein in those foods. They are healthy too, in moderation.

March 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bless my midwife. And the Dr's I had last pregnancy and the one before. Maybe its just an Aussie thing but I've NEVER been weighed whilst pregnant.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
every thing I have read says a 3 to 5 lb gain in the 1st trimester is normal, don't sweat it

March 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I am in the same boat. I am starting out overweight but I am hoping that I don't gain nearly as much as I did with Xavier. I gained a ton of weight due to eating out ALL THE TIME! This time around it's not going to be like that. I've been eating healthy and exercising.

3lbs is not a lot of weight...
March 24th, 2009, 06:09 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
My 1st pregnancy I gained 40 pounds with and the naval hospital wasn't too happy with it either. You just have to brush them off. It is your body and you exercise so just me whatever!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 24th, 2009, 06:13 AM
CriscoNinja
3 lbs isn't very much! I was 210 to start this pregnancy (when we have the private forum I'll post some pics) I was a size 16. Well, I've gained 4 lbs, and am now very much into maternity pants since I didn't want to buy "normal" jeans in sizes bigger. My NP didn't say boo about the 4 lbs!! I gain around 40 lbs with my pregnancies no matter what I do. So I'll be up to 250 at the end! Don't sweat the small stuff, the important thing is a healthy baby!
March 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3lbs is not bad at all. Every woman and every pregnancy are different.
March 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3lbs is not bad at all. Every woman and every pregnancy are different.
March 24th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
3lbs over 4 wks isn't bad and its fine to tell your doctor to lay off. There is no way I would sit through a lecture about gaining weight too quickly over just 3 lbs. I get their concern, but remember you aren't trying to gain their approval- they are there working for you and the baby. So if you are uncomfortable with the way they handle your weight gain, say something!

I started at 209 and my doctor hasn't said anything about my weight (or gain) so far. Being overweight isn't good for my health but it doesnt affect the baby one bit. Just try to eat better and if fruits/veggies are hard for you, drink a V-8 or ask for a supplement. Don't sweat the small stuff!
March 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same fears last week before my appointment. It's so irrational, too! We are brainwashed into thinking gaining weight is bad, but this is the one time it's good! Three pounds is nothing, I wouldn't worry. I gained four pounds and my doctor said that was great... I breathed a huge sigh of relief there.

I say if you're eating healthy and doing the best you can, don't sweat it. I've eaten the same since I got pregnant and continued working out, and I didn't really gain any weight at first... Then FIVE DAYS before my doctors appointment I shot up four pounds for absolutely no reason. I hadn't changed my diet or exercise routine... So I know it was all from baby makin' and I can accept that. Still, knowing it was for the best didn't stop me from losing my marbles for a few days, thinking my doctor was going to tear me a new one!
March 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Just because you gained 3lbs this time doesn't mean you're going to continue to gain like that throughout the whole pregnancy. It goes in cycles sometimes. Some appts with DS I'd gain like 3 lbs and the next time only like 1/2 lb. Don't worry! 3lbs isn't bad at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search