My appointmetnt yesterday...(long)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 06:52 AM
CriscoNinja
This was the "official" big first one. I was 9 weeks, 0 days, and they took 5 viles of blood, had me pee in a cup and handed me about 16 novels worth of information. Then I actually got to see my NP. I don't usually see a doc, I've been seeing this NP for 2 years now and I love her! So she comes in, expresses her frustration at her crappy mondy and then says, "let's get to something fun!" So we go over all my testing options, my L&D options, and she let me know that she hopes I continue to see her (well DUH, of course I will). My next appointment is the 12 week tho, so I have to see the doc, but after that I'm headed to her.

So she's filling out all the dating information about this pregnancy, asked me about my D&C from 13 years ago, family history, blah blah and then she pulls up the u/s info. I had a u/s at 5 weeks 5 days for a dating u/s. So I'm like reading over her shoulder since the u/s tech didn't say word one during the exam. AND GUESS WHAT? There was a heartbeat!!!!

It was 112 bpm... I'm so relieved! I'm sad I had to wait 3 weeks to find this out, but it just feels so good to know! I'm also sad I didn't get to hear it.

SO I call my sister, all excited. This is my older sister who is 12 years older and she has 5 kids of her own. She isn't too excited for me for this baby, and I was like "They saw a heartbeat!!" (in my excited voice) and she's like, "Um, ok..." (in her most uninterested voice) and then she proceeded to tell me all about her "funny" day where she thought the kids had dentisit appts but they didn't. Who gives a crap!! My baby has a heartbeat!!!

On the happy side of heartbeats, I'm gonig in for that NT ultrasound 1st tri test and so I'm dragging DF along so he can see/hear heartbeat!

And when my NP asked if there was anything else, I told her I felt huge. Her reply? "Well you are almost 10 weeks and it IS your THIRD baby!". She told me to enjoy it!
March 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY for HB!! Why didn't they tell you that good news during the appt though? I mean, thats kinda big news!
March 24th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
Glad your appt went well, and yay for the h/b. Sorry about your sister, but I like your perspective you are happy and who cares about how everyone feels.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 24th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY so glad your appointment went well. Your NP sounds really nice and like a good NP!
SO glad everything went well and yay for the heartbeat!!
March 24th, 2009, 07:21 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
That is so exciting! WooHoo!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! knowing your baby had a strong hb at 5w 5d should keep you going for another 3 weeks. It will be here before you know it.
March 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Glad your appointment so well.
March 24th, 2009, 10:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Glad you had such a good appointment!

March 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Snowpeas
So happy about the heartbeat. I wish they would have told you that at the time!

Sorry about your sister, it's so sad for me when people take our babies and pregnancies for granted. They are miracles each and every time!
March 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appointment went well!

Yay for a heartbeat!

March 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had such a good appointment. It stinks that you had to wait so long to find out about the hb, but yea for a healthy hb. Sorry that your sister isn't more excited for you.
March 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for a good appt!

poo on your sister!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
Yay for the heartbeat! I'm glad you had a wonderful appt.

March 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
ya, for a good appointment

March 24th, 2009, 09:39 PM
tracemomof3's Avatar Veteran
Yay! I was so excited to see my baby's hb too! It's SO reassuring! Sorry your sister wasn't more happy for you. She sounds like my ex sister-in-law. If its not about her she's not interested. We're happy for you!
March 25th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
That is so odd that the Tech didn't say anything, that would make me uncomfortable. Glad there is a heartbeat, that is FANTASTIC news!!!

March 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM
CriscoNinja
Thanks everyone!! My sister and I have a complicated relationship, she's been pretty miserable in her marriage and unfortunately I usually get the brunt. I've learned to just brush her off when she's in one of her "moods". She's very stressed out. She doesn't babysit for me, but I watch her kids all the time. Her excuse to me is "I have 5 frickin' kids". I don't ask for help that often, but my DF works 2nd shift and sometimes I need a babysitter for parent teacher conferences (I'm a teacher) and she can never seem to help. I know I'm just venting now... But she just really can push my buttons!

About a month ago I needed a ride home from the airport and didn't ask her (I knew her answer, she has 5 frickin' kids ya know) so I asked my OTHER sister. Well, my 5-kid sister found out and was all upset that I didn't ask her. Can't win for losing! My DF gets mad since a lot of the times I hang up with her all upset... but how do you NOT talk to your sister?

Phew... thanks for letting me vent!
March 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Poo on your sister!! I'm glad all went well and you finally got confirmation about a heartbeat. I think I would have called until they got annoyed and told me. lol

March 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Glad it went well.

Sorry your sister was like that though sheesh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search