Nuchal Testing Attempt #2

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Well, I have to go in for a pee test (screening) to see if I have another UTI. 2nd in 3 weeks...is there anything other than cranberry juice to slow these down? And then at 1:30 I have my 2nd attempt at the nuchal screening. If they don't get it this time I have to get my blood drawn (I think) I don't think they can wait another week, but I'm not sure. I'm going to convince them to take my cervix measurement, because I just don't feel right and want to know where I start off at. I'm a mess about measurements and everything. They probably won't do it, but I can try.

I hope they can get this measurement today because I really don't want to make another appointment and go back within the week. Wow, I just realized looking at the calendar the next Wednesday will be April 1st.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 24th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about your UTI's. I have never had one, but was thinking what about yogurt? Wonder if they will help with UTI??? I know they are good for yeast infections, at least that is what my doctor said.
Hope you get your measurements today too! Let us know how it goes.

WOW April 1st already??! Time is flying. Feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and it was Feb 18th when I found out!
March 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
You are telling me! I feel like it is like a time warp, but standing still. I have no sense of time this pregnancy. I have been late for all of my appointments and I'm always early.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 24th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
For UTI's drink obscene amounts of water... that is probably the best thing you can do. The more you pee the harder it is for the bacteria to hang out in your bladder. Make sure to wipe front to back. I like to use moist wipes instead of TP when I have an infection it hurts less since you have to go so much and I feel like they clean more thoroghly. Cranberry juice can help but dont drink too much and make sure its pure- not mixied or from concentrate. Iif you cant find pure try cranberry tablets instead. I personally dont drink the juice because the acidity makes my pain worse . Garlic i've heard also helps- it has antibacterial qualities.

Hope that helps!!
March 24th, 2009, 08:27 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
UTI's suck! I used to get them all the time until my md finally told me that I needed to pee after dtd - duh, I had no clue! Weird, anyway...I hope your appointments go well.

April 1st - YAY!
March 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I hope everything goes well and they get what they need so you don't have to go back.

March 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm i'm not sure about what helps UTI's. Probiotics? UTIs suck!

Hope they can finally get the measurement

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i agree with another post, i think water is the best thing. and lots!

cranberry juice, make sure its the intolerable nasty stuff from the healthfood store, it comes in a small bottle and you add water to it, its horribly bitter.

are you in pain?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
eeek Im sorry hun, hopefully something can be done to slow them down a bit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search