BTDT mommies!!!!(long.)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(*if you didnt know my age before PLEASE dont judge. I was on a board once where this lady was a big b***h and was downing me bcs DF and I were wanting to start our family young, because we want a BIG family.*)

Okkkkkkkkk.
So I was talking to my mom yesterday and I have this really icky breakout! Well, my mom mentioned that when she was pregnant with both me and my sister she had the joyous breakout-y skin, but when she was pregnant with my brother, she had the glowing skin. And in her words "I was a teenager when I was pregnant with you and Alyssa [my sister] and i was an old lady when i was pregnant with Branden[ my brother]'

My mom was 16 pregnant with my sister and 19 pregnant with me. 30-something prgnant with my brother... Ok. Im 19 pregnant with this one... SO my question.... Do you think that you go by what your mom was like or is it just the whole "every one and every pregnancy is different" even tho when she was expecting her girls she had breakouts and when she was pregnant with her son she had the GREAT skin?

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 24th, 2009, 07:59 AM
*Hayley*
everyone and every pregnancy is different IMO. my mom had two girls in her mid-late twenties and she was sicker than a dog for most of both pregnancies.

I didn't get m/s at all with the son, and i was pregnant with him at 21.

unfortunately, you'll run into a lot of people who disagree with couples starting their families early. I can't tell you how many times people have said to me, "you're just a baby yourself". Once they find out that I've graduated college, but DH has 2 master's degrees, I teach and support my family 100% ourselves they are impressed. BUT, I always get judged by the appearance of the situation. For that reason, I still haven't told any of my friends (that are my age) that I'm pregnant again except for two.
March 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I don't think age necessarily has anything to do with it. I do know however that there is an old wives tale that says that if you have breakouts during pregnancy you are having a girl and if your skin looks nice during pregnancy it's a boy. Well that would have been true in your mom's case so who knows maybe it's because you are having a girl. It's said that girls "steal their mom's beauty."

March 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say every pregnancy is different. I didn't break out very much with my last pregnancy and this one it's like i'm going through puberty all over again.

It's all about hormones!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree, they are all different. I have been through it enough that I don't even need other people to comapare to anymore. LOL!

I was 19 when pg with my 1st and I hardly had any skin issues at all and who knows if they were even related to being pg. Then when I was 35, I had HORRIBLE skin issues. I could always say it was because #1 was a boy and #9 was a girl but I have 7 other boys and girls to compare to and none of their genders sealed the deal on how my skin reacted.

March 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
I agree with Susie Q. I had no acne with my son and still don't have it now but I feel I am having a boy, especially since there hasnt been a girl born in DF family in 20 years LOL.
March 24th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
with both my boys (17/18 years old and 20 years old at the time) I had perfectly glowing skin (and never was sick lol)

this pregnancy I am braking out like I did when I was 13, and am sick as a dog...

every pregnancy is different. I also think age has nothing to do with it.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally don't think age has anything to do with it. I broke out really badly with my 1st pg at 19, not at all with my 2nd at 21, and am breaking out horribly with this one at 23.
March 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
i think every pregnancy is different. My mom believes that mother to daughter carries the same amount like goes early, late or on time.
My grandmother went on time
My mom carried overdue
and I go early

Thanks to cavewoman

March 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Snowpeas
I had my dd when I was 29 and I had a ton of breakouts with her. This time I have a few breakouts but not as much. I'm definitely not glowing though - my skin looks horrible, dry and icky.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search