my brain is fried o/t long apology in advance

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Snowpeas
I just want to apologize ahead of time to everyone. I am beyond stressed out right now and so I know that my thinking ability is probably off too. So if I post any weird comments or don't make sense, that's why. This forum is my stress reliever but I know I might not always make sense. I'm not completely crazy - honestly,. I've just reached my limit and then some.

Basically we've lived here for 9 months now. We moved from one state to another to be close to family. We were staying in a "temporary" small 2 room apartment for a month while we fixed up the house we bought. Well, we're still here and this place is WAY too small to have a toddler. She sleeps in the kitchen and we sleep in the living room. In addition, the buyer we had for our old house backed out AFTER we already bought our new house and we've been unable to sell it (the economy is always bad there and of course is horrible now). So we're paying 2 house payments and have been since June. That's been an ongoing stress factor but I've been coping with it.

Then yesterday was the day from ***. It started at 10am and continued on until 9pm. It's way too long to type out. Let's just suffice to say that everything I touched turned to a flaming pile of poo. So came home super stressed out from a long horrible day.

My friend still has all my maternity clothes and I've outgrown all my regular clothes. We have no money for new clothes (reason coming). I've talked to my friend about it but still no clothes. Now they have bed bugs in their apartment and she says they are in my clothes. She wants to ship them out like that! I told her the least she could do was take care of the icky bugs before mailing them. She should have mailed them months ago as it was! So upset about that. Went to Target yesterday (just a tiny part of my horrible day), it's 2 hours from our house. And guess what? Sold out of belly bands, of course and no one else had any. So I'm wearing my pj's as I currently have nothing else that fits.

Then we get home, rushing all the way so dh can get to his night shift job. There had been rumors of lay offs and the rumor was the 31st of March would probably be his line's last day. Stressful, but at least we had another paycheck or two. Well he gets to work and they send him home, his line is laid off. No notice, didn't say anything to any of the guys (or even the supervisor) until that very day.

So he comes home. We have absolutely no income coming in. He's been applying for jobs since the rumors started but so has everyone else in town. Unemployment hardly pays anything - certainly not enough to cover any bills.

We HAD a savings but it's all gone. In the last 9 months, dh has been without work for 4 of them (you might ask why we moved here but the economy is 10x worse where we were before). So our savings has been spent. We're down to $300 in the bank.

So dh comes home and gets on our computer (just paid off and only a year old) for some stress relief. Suddenly there's a flash and a puff of smoke and the smell of burning plastic. Yup, you guessed it, our computer blew up! So no computer and no funds to fix it. I am currently on a very old computer that has windows 98 and a screen that's almost impossible to see so that I can get some JM time.

So that's just a small summary of my life right now. I know everyone's got issues going on, I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at everything hitting at once. I am trying really, really hard not to be stressed because when I am it stressed out Olivia and I know it's not good for the little peanut either. But it's hard!
March 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Super Mommy
I hope everything gets better for you hunny!
We are kind of in the same situation but only have one apartment payment at the moment, DF was working a full & part time job but since winter hit had been laid off of that job... we are living off of a part time job and our income tax checks right now. I just got word about this company that pays for your electric and heat monthly for those with no income so I will be going for that but I am stressed out all the time and whenever my fiancee says he'll take care of it, he usually does I am just really stressed because its almost impossible to find work nowadays and we are going to have a new person and new mouth to feed come October, I hate to have to go run back to my parents and tell them they have to help all four of us out... its just not fair the way things are going but I am trying to stay optimistic, as long as we are together with a roof over our heads and food in our bellies, we are ok right?

God won't lead you to it if he can't get you through it right???

I'm sorry I am just as stressed as you but I am trying to find some comforting words LOL
March 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Ladies, I am so sorry you guys are so stressed out right now. It seems like when it rains it pours. The economy sucks right now and A LOT of people are in the same situations as you guys, maybe even worse. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I know that it's hard to see why all of this is happening right now, but down the road it will all make sense. You both need to stay strong for your lil ones and your lil beans. I know that it is very hard to not be stressed, try to think about something positive when your mind wanders to something stressful. It works only for a lil bit, but helps somewhat. Stay strong ladies, the storm will pass.

March 24th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes - I know you totally don't want to hear this - but the universe, God, etc. won't give you anything you can't handle.. and I do believe in the saying "Everything happens for a reason". Perhaps you can't see the good now, but its important to keep that frame of mind, buck-up and do whatever is needed to make the situation better.

It always helps me to sit down and come up with a plan (on paper) so you can at least visualize the 'light at the end of the tunnel'. And keep your focus on that 'light' or end result.

I'm so sorry you're going through this rough time - but we are here for you!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Snowpeas
I know that a lot of people are going through much worse right now and in the long run I know that we will get through this and be better people for it.

That doesn't mean I don't get overwhelmed initially and feel the need to vent.

I am doing my best not to be too stressed out right now and part of the way I cope with stress is by turning to JM.

I'm sure no offense was meant but telling someone to "buck up" is not exactly encouraging. I am usually a very positive person and I probably will be when I wake up tomorrow. I just needed some support today, that's all.

And there is one bright side that dh pointed out. He should have lots of time to work on our house now so maybe we'll actually get out of this apartment soon.
March 24th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Snowpeas
I know that a lot of people are going through much worse right now and in the long run I know that we will get through this and be better people for it.

That doesn't mean I don't get overwhelmed initially and feel the need to vent.

I am doing my best not to be too stressed out right now and part of the way I cope with stress is by turning to JM.

I'm sure no offense was meant but telling someone to "buck up" is not exactly encouraging. I am usually a very positive person and I probably will be when I wake up tomorrow. I just needed some support today, that's all.

And there is one bright side that dh pointed out. He should have lots of time to work on our house now so maybe we'll actually get out of this apartment soon.
March 24th, 2009, 12:24 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry hun! ((((hugs)))) I hope you get some good news soon.
March 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry to hear that. I was laid off over a year ago and I know what you mean about unemployment.

you will get thru it though

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 24th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry you are so stressed and are going through all of this right now. I hope things start looking up soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search