After doing the virtual hospital tour...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
*Hayley*
I just went online and did a hospital tour of where I'd be delivering and there was something that caught my attention that I DID NOT like AT ALL.

They said that they take the baby to the nursery for about an hour after delivery to bathe it and run the tests that they normally run. They did EVERYTHING in my room and Cohen never left my side until he was circumsized. This doesn't make me comfortable at all and I think I'm going to see about delivering at another hospital if they can't accomodate my wants.
March 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
A lot of hospitals say that but you can request for them not to usually. The hospital where I delivered Ben let him stay with me for the first hour or so. Then they moved me from the delivery room to the regular room. While they did that they took the baby. That way I could get settled in my room, they helped me go to the bathroom, get cleaned up and ordered me some breakfast. That worked out pretty good and he was only gone about 30 minutes or so.

March 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Snowpeas
They did that where I delivered Olivia too. I made dh go with her and never leave her side. I don't know what they do here yet.
March 24th, 2009, 04:56 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wont like that either. I didn't even know that was an option. I now plan to ask my dr. about this at the next visit.
March 24th, 2009, 05:01 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They did everything with Emily in my recovery room with me, DH helped to bathe her. When they had to take her to the nursery, it was quick and DH went with them.

March 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM
*Hayley*
it's totally freaking me out! my DH called the office and asked if the doctor delivers at any other hospital, and he doesn't. maybe i will request that they wheel me in...i can't imagine not witnessing his/her first bath like i did with cohen.
March 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe they actually put him in water. With Em they just wiped her down with wet rags.

March 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
I don't even know what my options are this time around. I had my daughter via emergency c sections after she failed a biophysical profile - she was taken to the NICU the minute she was born and she was bathed and all that while I was in recovery!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

March 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hospital did that. I didn't even get to find out what he weighed until he came back the next day.
I just saw the first bath pictures for the FIRST time a few months ago

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I can't imagine that. My babies were both weighed and bathed in my room. I even nursed my ds while still in the delivery room. They did go to the nursery for a brief visit when I was on my way to recovery, but it was such a short trip I hardly noticed.
March 25th, 2009, 03:53 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I would hate that! Here the baby NEVER leaves you! It gets wheeled with you to the recovery room and only 24 hours after birth does it get a bath, and a nurse helps YOU do it!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 25th, 2009, 04:43 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hospital I go to keeps the baby in the mother's room the whole time, except when they go to weigh them (and my husband always goes with them for that). The room that I deliver in is the room I will stay in until I am discharged and the baby stays with me from the time he/she's born until we leave...except for the little time that they take them for testing.

March 25th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THE HOSPITAL where my ob delievers doesnt move you to a recovery room, and they dont take the baby away for bathe it. they only take it away after a bit of bonding and then do more tests.(if need be)

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have no idea how it works here... i guess i need to look into that!

March 25th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy
I nursed both my girls asap. One still had some blood on her. They never took her from me. They put both girls in a bassinet type thing and rolled them in with me to my room. It was like if I said I am going to take a shower could you come get her they would come in like two hours later. By then I had someone there and done took it. So.....I dont htink I would like for them to take my baby either.

THANKS TO *Sharon* FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SIGGY!!!

BFP!!!!! 2/11/09
Beta #1 -2184
Beta #2 -4800
Beta #3-13000
Beta #4-35000
March 25th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never thought about that! I have been too focused on the delivery part!
March 25th, 2009, 06:56 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Def see if you can get out of that. Is it the same place you had Cohen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
I wont like that either. I didn't even know that was an option. I now plan to ask my dr. about this at the next visit.
This reminds me of something a little off topic. I know that if you want them to put the baby directly on you after you give birth, you should tell them this, too. When my friend gave birth they took the baby and cleaned her up before they even let her hold her daughter. She never got to hold her naked, still covered in all the birth stuff. I didn't know about that either until she told me... I just assumed they always put the baby right on the mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search