Its my turn to rant! kindof long

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah she sounds a little jealous but hopefully she'll get over it to be there for her daughter.
If she doesn't than its her loss and don't give her the satisfation of putting you down, mother or not!
March 24th, 2009, 06:45 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think sometimes no matter how hard we try we just can't please our parents.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does sound she is jealous. Hopefully she will change her attitude soon.
March 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure she's a bit jealous and still protective. My Mom didn't want me to have anymore, not because she doesn't love them but because she's so worried while I'm pregnant for my health. She had rough pregnancies as well and knows it's scary.
I'm sure she's excited for you and will just continue to be more excited as time goes on. In her eyes, you're still her little girl and she probably doesn't see you as a mom yet.

March 24th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
I'm sorry I'm kinda in a similar situation. DH and I just got married 02/28 and are just telling everyone we are expecting. My dad felt the need to make a comment about how he thought the excitement with us was going to be over for a while . I don't think they are too thrilled we are having another, but I don't really care. My daughter is 26 months and I feel ready for another! I'm sure your mom (and my parents) will come around soon!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

March 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry she's as excited as you would like her to be. She might just be worried about your health and how you and DH will handle the pressure of a newborn along with having a new home. It's her job to worry!

She shouldn't have pressured you to tell anyone but I think it would have been a hard secret to keep until you have the gender U/S. Most likely you'll be obviously showing by then.

March 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry she isn't being supportive of you. I'm sure she'll come around sooner than later.
March 24th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Snowpeas
I'm sorry. It's difficult when those we love most aren't as happy or as excited for us and our little miracles as they should be.

Her emotions and reaction might even have surprised her and brought up issues she didn't realize she needed to deal with. I'm sure she has mixed feelings about it, so very happy for you, worried for you, and sad for herself. I hope she's able to work through them and enjoy your pregnancy with you.

It sounds like she loves you very, very much and as you get further along hopefully it will bring out her excitement. Once you start to show, she can feel the baby kick, and gets to see the u/s pictures and finds out the gender (if you're finding out) I bet she'll get excited.

My mom wasn't the least bit excited about my first pregnancy. I was devastated by her reaction. It put a damper on my joy for awhile too. But she came around and as my pregnancy progressed she got more and more excited.

Lots of in the meantime.
March 24th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Parents can be weird about it, but overall it is your life and they will come around give her time

March 25th, 2009, 07:17 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like to me that you are in a very good place so I agree with everyone else. I think she is just dealing with some jealousy. I am sure as soon as you start showing and it becomes more real to her, that she will get excited and that jealousy will go away.
March 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
*hugs* It definitely sounds like jealousy to me, but once she's had some time to absorb the information I'm sure that will fade and she'll start getting excited. A new baby is a blessing, and I know she'll love him or her to pieces. As you progress she'll actually probably want to be involved in the preparation and things. I'd give it some time, its so great that you are in such a good place and I'm sure she does see that. Try not to worry, and don't let her jealousy take away from your enjoyment of being pregnant

March 25th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry she put a damper on things for you. Have you talked to her about it? You're still her baby and you're in unfamiliar waters for her. Like she can't really give you advice or walk you through it so she feels helpless maybe? I am sure she didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

Regardless, she should at least respect that you want to keep the pregnancy quiet a little longer (imo).
March 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am glad you talked to her, to me it sounded like she explained. sounds like she is down she can't do what a lot of moms seem to do, share their experiances with their daughters.. does that make sense?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM
CriscoNinja
It sounds like she regrets the way she said things. I think sometimes people just don't know how to react. Maybe you and her could take some prenatal classes together? And if we all waited until we were "ready" NO ONE would have kids

Last edited by CriscoNinja; March 25th, 2009 at 09:21 AM.
March 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Oh girl! Im sorry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search