eshum07 & lovemybean

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Super Mommy
Hmmm ... interesting.
I haven't been on JM in a few days but when I saw the list being formed I thought I wasn't going to get a Due Date Buddy here because I am due 10-14.
Anyhow, I'm Karen & my DH is James. We got married last June and now we're expecting our first baby
I want to find out gender, DH does not. Either way we have our names picked out.
Boy: Thorsson Kent or Thorsson James; Girl: Isla Marie
We live in Southern CA .. DH moved here 4 yrs ago from Chicago.
So those are the basics!
Your turn

April 30th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy
Thats weird my whole message I was typing just got deleted .. anyways...

Do you still check this? I guess if you're reading this you do! I am really bad about checking this part of the message boards.

Yes, this was a planned pregnancy. In a not so planning sort of way! We just weren't trying not to get pregnant and were ready for whatever happened naturally ... and well, here we are!

I was reading your other post .. about peeing yourself .. and I was LOL because of everyones stories. I have a friend who went through the same thing, then after she gave birth (c-section) it was even worse. I hear vaginal deliveries make it even harder to control. I guess its just one of the not so nice perks that comes with the absolute joy of having a baby

May 1st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Super Mommy
Do you have an appt. set already for gender? Do you still feel like its a boy? (I don't know, your routan baby girl was pretty darn cute!)
I go back and forth whether I feel like we're having a boy or girl. We both are leaning more towards boy, I think because that is what DH wants. Most everyone else thinks we're having a girl but my nurse that did our last u/s thought it might be a boy. So this will be a total surprise for us! Our big u/s date is 5/21
I have already gained 13 lbs ... yikes (too many milk shakes and root beer floats!) I gained 7lbs in the last 2.5 weeks. I really hope I don't balloon up. I had a goal of not going over 175... I started at 152 and am already 165. From what everyone else says about gaining weight in the third trimester I'm not doing too good

May 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I just posted pics on the 'morph baby' post. I think mine turned out cute again .. and its weird because I used black & white photos so it couldn't id hair or eye color. DH's eyes are green and the babies both have green eyes and my MIL just mentioned her, her mother, and DH's brother all having red hair .. and this little boy has red hair weird.
I'm definitely giving birth in a hospital and I really hope to have an unmedicated vaginal delivery. If i get to the point that I am going to puke or pass out I may reconsider the epidural thing. My SIL and two friends all recently gave birth vaginally unmedicated and they lived so I think I'll be up to it!
How about you? I never asked you if your pregnancy was planned - did you and Robert plan this pregnancy? & what are you thinking about home or hospital and getting an epidural?
I just read your post about your sore feet. Sorry to hear that .. I bet its annoying. But it made me curious, what do you do that you have to wear socks or slippers to work?

May 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Super Mommy
Well your job sounds like it will work out perfect for you to be with your baby all the time! How great!
I would love it if we had a daycare in house, it would make it so much easier to come back to work. I work for the government so we don't get any extras (like at 'google' - have you heard about those jobs, they get all the perks!). I am a criminal investigator & luckily I just got moved to a new position which allows me to 1. have better work hours & still investigate & 2. have access to the internet, yea!
Have you been able to feel your baby move yet?

May 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
I saw the discussions about the maternity leave in Canada - thats crazy, I would love that!

I have only felt the baby twice. I wish I could feel him/her more. I told that to a friend, who has four kids, the other day. She told me that once you start feeling them all the time - you wish they'd stop and settle down because all their little pokes and jabs hurt. I still think I'll like it ... even if it hurts, its reassuring!

DH changed his mind about finding out during our last u/s when the nurse thought it might be a boy. Now he's all about finding out! So as long as the baby cooperates we will find out in less than two weeks now! May 21st! I am sooooo excited! I really will be happy either way. I think DH really wants a boy .. and since he wants a boy, I'd like to see that happen.

Are you settling into your new apt yet? I bet that feels great to have your apt you know you will bring your baby home to! We're still moving stuff around here. We bought a crib and now need to finish clearing out the baby's room to set up the nursery!

Are you thinking about more kids yet? Everyone at work keeps asking me ... I think I need to see how having one is before I think about having more. Though DH and I have always thought we would have 2 or 3 ... it's strange to think about while your pregnant!

May 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Super Mommy
Happy Happy Birthday, one day early! I hope you have a great day and a fantastic u/s on Monday!

Movies & Music ... well, my DH always teases me because I have no retention for movie and music trivia. I have never seen the classic 80s girly movies (except for Dirty Dancing and half of Breakfast Club). DH bought me the portable XM radio so I can listen to music more. I think I am the only person left on the planet who doesn't own an iPod
Besides all that - I like all movies except most sci-fi (though I am willing to go see Star Trek with DH) and westerns. My favs are usually comedies or crime/action ones. My fav. movies growing up were Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Adventures in Babysitting!
As far as music - I like a good mix of rock, pop, rap, & country. I fell in love with Journey after my DH introduced me a few years back! I really like Seal. I like Lady Gaga right now. I also love 40s (or as my DH calls it, elevator music). I love all the old crooners (like the Rat Pack).
How bout you?

baby stuff: I totally broke down today and bought two outfits. I had this dream last night that was so vivid. I gave birth in the drs office to a boy.... now I feel even more like I am going to have a boy! So when I was at Costco (I don't know if you have this warehouse/store in Ohio .. its like Sam's Club) I found two really cute onsies that came with shorts for boys (they had girls ones too with skirts!). One says 'Mommy's Wild Animal' and the other one says 'Snugglesaurus'. So we'll see on Thursday if I was right about BOY!

Oh - I just noticed you are 20 weeks today! HAPPY HALF WAY!

Last edited by LoveMyBean; May 16th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
May 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
yay, I'm actually on JM on your b-day. I didn't think I would get a chance to log in today which is why I sent you wishes yesterday ... but since I am:
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Erica, Happy Birthday to you!!!
20 on 20 - what a great memory to have!
Taken sounds familiar .. again no movie retention . That is fairly new right? Still in the theater? Kidnap/Suspense daughter held for ransom? If it is the one I am thinking of, it is one I wanted to see ... I really need to sign up with NetFlix again, that was the best.
Yesterday I purposefully laid on my back for a bit, I was told that might help to feel the baby. I'm pretty sure I did on an off, especially when DH started talking close to my belly
But so far today - nothing.
I'll be looking for your blue or pink post tomorrow!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search