I Just Need To Vent

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2009, 08:04 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm a little over 8 weeks along and when I found out three weeks ago I made a doctors appointment right away. The soonest they could get me in was April 1st. I was ok with that and started taking my vitamins and trying to be as healthy as possible. Well today I get a letter in the mail telling me that I won't even be seeing a doctor on the first! I'll just be getting blood work and filling out paper work. I want to see a doctor! Like yesterday! What if it's another month before I actually see one? I wish they would have told me this up front, I would have called around and found another office but now it would probably take a month to get in anywhere else. I want to hear the heart beat. I want to know this little bean is ok. To top it all off I've been crying for two days for no reason at all. I'm not an emotional person so it makes me mad that I'm crying and then I cry even more because that's what I do when I get mad. My eyes are swollen and I feel fat and gross and I just want to see a stupid Doctor. Rawr.
March 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM
CriscoNinja
Yikes! I would be upset too!

You have every right to be mad! Luckily where I live, I got in the same day I called for the urine test, etc. I just had my blood work appt this week, but I did get a u/s in the 5th week for dating. I feel fortunate my clinic is so flexible.

I hope you don't have to wait another month! Maybe it is worth calling around... ya never know!
March 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry!!!! I am lucky because my ob is my gyn so as soon as I called they got me in But, I do have pcos so I have some health issues. I would still call around and see if you can get into a DR. anytime sooner if you feel like you need it. Also, you might could ask if the nurse will try to find the heart beat with the doppler.

THANKS TO *Sharon* FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SIGGY!!!

BFP!!!!! 2/11/09
Beta #1 -2184
Beta #2 -4800
Beta #3-13000
Beta #4-35000
March 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'd call around anyway cause if they are this difficult about the first appt, its gonna be a long and difficult seven months with them. Plus if you switch you could have the paperwork from this visit sent to your new doc and then get in faster for an u/s.

have you called the office to ask them about this?
March 25th, 2009, 09:25 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd call around as well, it shouldn't take that long to be seen by a Dr. My Dr wants to see her patients around 8 weeks, so if you call at 8 weeks, they will bendover backwards to get you in THAT week. SO call around and see what you find, it certainly can't hurt.

March 25th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Snowpeas
I'm sorry. That's a really low down trick for them to pull!!!

I had to wait over 5 weeks to get in to see my doctor but I actually saw her and she did the u/s that day too.

No one should have to wait that long just to get a "paperwork" appointment!!
I hope they can get you in very soon or you can switch to a more accomodating doctor.
March 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks. I would try calling other dr.'s.
March 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
That does seem like an awefully long time to wait to do paperwork.

I was told my appointment tomorrow is with a NP and it's my first but then when I had to reschedule they said it was with a midwife...so who knows what kind of medical person I will see tomorrow....

I think it might be time to look for another practice...

Good luck!

I just noticed that you took out the post...why?
March 25th, 2009, 12:45 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'd call and see when they'd schedule for an actual appointment after that. If they don't give you a satisfactory answer I'd call some other Dr offices and see if they can get you in some time soon.

March 25th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I would keep calling too.. If they keep blowing you off, I'd seek another Doctor's office.

March 25th, 2009, 01:53 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can find out more details and see when I will see an actual doctor. I'm too emotional today and in my experience me + emotional = bad phone conversations with doctors office. I don't want to be labeled a "bad patient" like Elaine on Seinfeld!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
March 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
I would def call. I had the same problem, but they told me I could see the doc later that week, but my first appt was blood work and paper work as well! its so frustrating, especially when you have things to tell the doc!

March 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
I feel ya... I called my regular ob/gyn as soon as I found out on Feb 23 and he wasnt available for me until almost the end of April... it made me paranoid that he wouldnt be around to deliver (which is actually what he did to my mom when my little brother was born...) So I got a recommendation from a friend for a Dr nearby and I just had my meet and greet, bloodwork/ paperwork appt today. Although they did schedule my regular appointment for the monday after next at the same time so at least I knew in advance when it would be. After meeting them all today I feel like its worth the wait though, they are very nice and I'm pleased so far.

You could call them and schedule the first appointment so that at least you'll know when to expect it... remember you are hiring them to take care of you and baby so speak up about what you want or take your $$ elsewhere.
March 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Another saying I would call around.

that stinks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search