stupid doctors!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
CriscoNinja
Sounds like she needs a new doctor for her little man! I would be royally ticked if it was me!!

I have to switch peds for my son when I realized his doc wasn't listening to me about his development (turns out my son has autism).

Sometimes you just need to find a new doc!
March 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy

how ridiculous! so what are they doing for him if not giving him meds??? what kind of doctor is this?
March 25th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh id be raising h*ll too! but if i had to, the 1st n ight with the 102 fever my child would be going to the hospital, so then it hopefully wouldnt have gotten that bad

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 25th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Snowpeas
Poor little one!

I would definitely be switching doctors. It's not fair that the baby has to suffer because of their incompetence.
March 25th, 2009, 09:30 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
she needs to find a new dr, because these apparently aren't doing their job right! He should have been put on something and that is ridiculous! Err...I hate drs

Thanks to cavewoman

March 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She seriously needs a new doctor and I would have raised some serious h*ll. I hope he gets better soon
March 25th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
poor little, she can file a complaint it would go on their record

March 25th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
I would take my son to the ER with 104 fever forget waiting to see a dr anyways... she needs to reevaluate her **** self
March 25th, 2009, 11:32 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Time to get a new doctor!

I'd be furious!
March 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I would seek a new Pediatrician.. At my Pediatricians office, you can just walk in and wait for a opening, the wait is usually 10 minutes.. I've always been seen that day Adriana was sick..

I don't know about going to the ER, best to save your money. I would look for a new doctor, I would also call a Pharmacy and ask a Pharmacist what they would recommend.. You can suggest Motrin for the fever, Motrin is great for bringing down fevers, works much better then Tylenol. If you need the correct dose, contact your local Pharmacy and they will tell you the correct amount.. If your wondering how I know this, I've work in a Pharmacy for over 10 years, I know the loops..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 25th, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
March 25th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
Ridiculous!!! I would be switching doctors and some how filing a complaint, I have never heard of a pediatrician rejecting a patient bc he hasnt had a fever long enough, thats dumb!!! I would be ticked off!!!

March 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Veteran
One of my friends has a little boy who had a fever of 103 and the hospital told them to not bring him in unless it is at least 105!!! by the time it is 105 there could already be possible brain damage. it is so sad to think that drs don't take a mother's worries seriously. mothers know their children better than anyone else. your friend should talk to someone higher up and explain the situation so that maybe it can be avoided for someone else in the future.

She could try to see a diff doc and get medicine, or just try to get it down herself. she could try baby tylenol and lukewarm baths.

Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon and that she can find a better dr for the next time he is sick.

March 26th, 2009, 05:54 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I would definitely suggest she find a new Dr. What's really sad though is how many parents completely trust their Dr and just along with whatever they say. They ignore their own instincts because a Dr told them they were wrong. That's basically how my sister died. My mom knew something was wrong but none of the Drs would listen. They made her feel like she was an overly worried first time mom.

March 26th, 2009, 08:46 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
WOW! That is crazy!!!!

I learned my lesson in docs thats for sure. Many of them don't care and blow people off!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search