Showers... UGH...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hey,

I know this is going to sound a little weird... but I'm at about 10 1/2 weeks now and ever since I started feeling sick (right when I hit 6 wks) showers have been THE WORST... I used to shower every morning, felt SO gross if I didnt... but lately, I push it off as much as i can, sometimes only showering every 3rd day. I find it sick, but I can't help it. Showers, and the thought of them, make me nauseous...

(I should also say that I have been having a hard time with strong morning sickness, throwing up almost every day or every other... some days feeling so sick I just mostly stay in bed.)

I tried switching to unscented soap & stuff, but they all smell anyhow, and it didnt help... i'm not even sure if its the soap or the hot water but something is so uncomfortable for me.

Is that crazy? Has anyone else experienced similiar feelings?
March 25th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate, but only when I'm washing my face in the shower. I'm fine showering otherwise, but as soon as I start washing my face, I become nauseas and feel like I'm going to throw-up. My soap doesn't really have a scent.

Have you tried taking a bath? Might be a better, more relaxing option. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
if you are taking too hot of a shower that can do that in itself anyway.
ever heard of pregnant women not going in a jacuzzi. It constricts veins n arteries n temporarily slows blood flow
March 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Oh, I feel you. But it comes to giving my boys a bath. I always want to jump in the shower, but I can't stand their soap or lotion. I always take long shower when before it was 5 minutes in and out now I'm in there for 30 minutes laying at the bottom of the tub for the water to hit my tummy. I'm a mess, but I know how you feel!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 25th, 2009, 12:41 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'd try a cooler shower or a bath and see if that helps. I hope that feeling passes soon!

March 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Snowpeas
It sounds like an awful feeling to experience. I hope you feel better soon. Does the water itself have a slight smell that you react to when pregnant?
March 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try a bath, maybe that will help.

March 26th, 2009, 08:11 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For me just walking in my kitchen can set me of. I dunno why. Its clean, smells fine, but it just does.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search