Back from 1st appointment - u/s pic!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Well the appointment went well overall. BP 124/76 which is a tad high for me but well within range. The midwife was very nice and she eased my fears about transferring to Italy. She said that they do not view childbirth over there like they do here. She said that childbirth isn't seen as being a "technical" thing (I think that was her word). She said that epidurals are not given out like candy there - I thought that was an odd way of putting it.

Anyway, no pap since I had one done in November of last year and it came back fine. She tried to look for the heartbeat but wasn't able to. I have heard the baby everynight with my doppler so I wasn't worried. Plus, I knew she was look WAY to high on my abdomen. I didn't want to say anythin, especially when she said, "Welp, let me pull out the u/s machine." Who's going to argue with that? Dh was in aww over it. She found the baby just fine along with his/her heartbeat which was a strong 160. She showed dh all the parts, legs, arms, etc. She even printed us out a picture. The picture isn't great since it was one of those portable machines but nonethe less...

Oh, I am also measuring 12w6d but she said with that u/s it's +/- 5 days so she is going to keep the date as the 7th.

She then sent me to get a urine culture and do a 1-hour glucose since my BMI is almost at 30 . I will know the results this afternoon.

My next and last appointment with her is April 28th!

Last but not least - Our Little One...

March 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
Sounds like a good appt. YAY! for getting to see the baby.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Well congrats on reaching 2nd trim....very cute pic.
March 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Yeah!!!! What a sweet little bean!

March 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Super Mommy
congrats on the great appt!!
R u nervous bout your italy delivery now? I read that you arent too into epidurals anyway but what did she mean by technical... r they going to treat u like they did in the old days???

sorry if i made you nervous n you werent I have just been wonderung that since you said you were moving there, u have to exvuse me ive never been out of the country lol
March 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Awesome that you got to see your bean!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your great appointment, and getting to see your adorable little bean.
March 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
So cute! And I'm glad she eased your mind about Italy!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 26th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, cute!

March 26th, 2009, 12:04 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
congrats on the great appt!!
R u nervous bout your italy delivery now? I read that you arent too into epidurals anyway but what did she mean by technical... r they going to treat u like they did in the old days???

sorry if i made you nervous n you werent I have just been wonderung that since you said you were moving there, u have to exvuse me ive never been out of the country lol

She meant that they don't use a lot of medical intervention when it comes to giving birth. Their views on childbirth are more natural then using medical intervention. I doubt they will be getting the bowls of hot water and shoe lace for the umbilical cord - but heck, who knows!

I'm more nervous about the quality of care rather then the actual birth. The hospital here is really good so finding one that is as good might be hard...
March 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I think that's a great pic, baby is playing with his/her toes! lol Glad you had a good appt!

March 26th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Snowpeas
Very cute little babe!! You can see the little face turning towards the front!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search