Scary Dreams- Really graphic :(

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
These vivid dreams are really taking me for a loop!! At the beginning the dreams were just kind of weird and didnt make much sense but lately they have been really scary!! I didnt think it could get much worse then the kidnapping dream where they almost smashed my stomach with a baseball bat and then came and found me outside my job after I escaped but last night was even worse!

I dreampt that one of my old friends threw a party and while I was sleeping some drunk guy took my car for a drive and totalled it. Then later on the same drunk guy raped me (someone who I dont even know in real life). We went to go find him the next day (about my car and he gave us a bunch of blank business cards but we didnt notice that part until after he was gone). And at the end of that dream my boyfriend was cheating on me right in front of my face and his family knew and didnt say anything to him or to me about it!

I had to wake myself up and remind myself I was dreaming because I was so scared, angry, and overwhelmed!! The second dream was just kind of weird because I had to chase puppies around a hay-track four laps and catch the puppies by the end or I didnt "cut it" (idk what for) but I didnt make it because a tick jumped into my leg and I stopped to squeeze it out instead of chasing the puppy. LOL

What a long night! Im exhausted... but i feel better now that I got all that out of my head!
March 27th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary!! I wonder why we have such vivid dreams while we are pregnant? I, too, had tons of dreams last night - but nothing scary. Theres probably no meaning behind them, just our imaginations going wild?!? Hope you sleep more soundly tonight.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 27th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Super Mommy
I have been having dreams like that too. It could also have something to do with what you are eating before bed...

I had a dream the police came to get me at my house and arrested me in front of my kids!... that would have been horrible
March 27th, 2009, 06:15 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just woke up from an awful one aswell! So long and vivid! I kept accidently dropping my baby. One time he rolled into the fireplace (no fire lit) but he was unconscious and covered in soot! Then I cleaned him up and he woke up and I realized I had had him home for 4 days and had forgot to try breastfeeding him! It was so stressful the whole situation. Is this a common symptom throughout the entire pregnancy??
March 27th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
How scary!! I wonder why we have such vivid dreams while we are pregnant? I, too, had tons of dreams last night - but nothing scary. Theres probably no meaning behind them, just our imaginations going wild?!? Hope you sleep more soundly tonight.
Any time I have a dream about something bad I always warn my loved ones to be careful because I've had lots of premonitions in the past, but I also hope to have a better night tonight and i hope the rest of these ladies do also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
I have been having dreams like that too. It could also have something to do with what you are eating before bed...

I had a dream the police came to get me at my house and arrested me in front of my kids!... that would have been horrible
omg!

Quote:
I just woke up from an awful one aswell! So long and vivid! I kept accidently dropping my baby. One time he rolled into the fireplace (no fire lit) but he was unconscious and covered in soot! Then I cleaned him up and he woke up and I realized I had had him home for 4 days and had forgot to try breastfeeding him! It was so stressful the whole situation. Is this a common symptom throughout the entire pregnancy??
I bet you were as glad to wake up as I was!

Last edited by Violette; March 27th, 2009 at 06:26 AM.
March 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That does sound awful. I hate dreams like that. A lot of times after a while those dreams will go away. I had them really bad during my first trimester with DS and then they stopped for the most part. A had a few right after I gave birth but I think that was from the stress of becoming a mommy.

March 27th, 2009, 07:37 AM
*Hayley*
i had a period where i was getting awful nightmares too...hopefully they stop soon for you.
March 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
i hate scary dreams....hope you get a good nights sleep toniht...
March 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
Oh those are awful!! I have had some crazzzzy dreams too, a lot fo them I wake up thinking ***? Other times Im so scared I dont want to go back to sleep or close my eyes!

March 27th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Snowpeas
Preggo dreams can be so scary!! I hate them so much but haven't figured out a way to make them go away.
March 27th, 2009, 05:26 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have those REALLY scary dreams as well. My problem is that when I'm not pregnant, my dreams always seem SO REAL and I have to lay there when I wake up and try to figure out if it really happened or not. It's been a problem I've had for as long as I can remember. Now that I'm pregnant though, they seem more real than ever and I wake up still feeling the feelings I felt in the dream. It takes me a few minutes to collect myself and get myself back to "normal".
This is one of the worst things for me.

March 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the craziest dreams when I'm pregnant, I mean CRAZY! It drives me nuts. I wake up and tell dh about them and he just looks at me like I'm crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search