Mexican Chicken Soup

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
Okay so this is a soup recipe my mom came up with and its DELISH but spicy so dont try to eat it if you get heartburn easily.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast (cubed in 1/2 inches)
A block of velveeta cheese (cubed)
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chili (no beans)
1 jar salsa
1-1+1/2 cups or rice (I only use one because rice thickens soup alot)

Cook the cubed chicken breast in garlic, oliveoil, salt and pepper (a splash of hotsauce if your bold and crushed red pepper). In a pot combine the chicken broth plus equal parts of water (i usually just fill the empty cans with water to make it easy) and the cream of chicken soup and bring to a slight boil. Add in the velveeta cheese cubes and the rice. Let the mixture boil (stir occasionally) until the cheese and the cream of chicken soup have melted into the mixture. (about 10-15 mins). Reduce the heat to simmer and add the chicken, chili and salsa. Cook the soup till the rice is done and enjoy!

I prefer to have the soup served with tortilla chips and sour cream and let me tell you guys love this stuff on football sunday too. Ive never met a person who didnt like it actually. Let me know what you think if you make it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search