Moving this weekend **Updated

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2009, 06:54 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably be scarce this weekend, since we are moving. DREADING bringing everything down the 3 flights of narrow stairs at my apartment. Good thing my SO, cousin, and friend (who are all ridiculously tall and pretty strong) are gonna be doing all my heavy lifting for me. Then, once we move, I don't know when I'll be back online.... my new place doesn't have internet yet.... which has to change ASAP!

I'm looking forward to getting settled into the new place solely because I have so much on my mind I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning the past few nights.... SO is not happy about that. And I HATE moving... my fam moved a ton while I was growing up and loathe moving because of it. I'm gonna miss it here... 3 blocks from the ocean, walk to everything, most my friends are close by, awesome apartment. To moving in with SOs grandma (get the whole finished basement), nothing to walk to, 45 minutes from where we are now. I know its the right thing to do though, so we can save up some money for the baby. I'm just bummed about leaving, because I pictured myself here for at least another year and everything has changed in 2 months (mainly these past 2 weeks, because we kinda got screwed with our apartment situation last minute).

**Update
So we're pretty much in the new place. A couple things wouldn't fit in the truck, so I have to go back tonight after work to finish. Went great for the most part.

One rant... We gave my SOs mom (who can't seem to respect me at all) strict orders not to come into our room unless she asks us... so we leave for like an hour and come back to find her in our room!! She didn't think we'd find out... just happened for our timing we did. SO told his mom that was not cool since we'd specifically told her not to go in there and to respect our place. So she goes and tells SO's grandma... and now his grandma is mad at us for "being rude to his mom"!!!! So there is a ton of tension in the house already. She's got to be kidding me. I'm at the end of my rope with her. So immature. Doesn't she understand I have enough on my plate with a baby and moving?! I don't even want to go back there tonight... I'm sure his mom failed to mention to his grandma that the whole reason that we told her not to go in there was because she harassed me after finding out that "I'd ruined her son's life by tricking him into having a baby with me".

Last edited by monica8; March 30th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
March 28th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you have to move, but it does sound like the most responsible thing to do. It sucks to be the grown-up sometimes. Its great that you don't have to do the heavy lifting though! I had just had surgery when we moved from MD to NC. I think that all I carried were pillows and drinks for the manly men who were killing themselves over our sectional let us know how it goes when you get a chance!
March 28th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
That stinks you have to move.. especially away from where your happy Are you staying in RI?

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Snowpeas
Sounds like it will be a busy weekend. Make sure not to over do it. I hope you are able to get settled quickly and get internet right away too! Will be thinking of you.
March 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I HATE moving!!! DF and I just moved into a larger apartment about 3 weeks ago. We moved in the same complex though but it was still a pain. I just noticed your ticker...You are almost 15 weeks. You can probably get a gender scan in about 2 weeks...I am so hating....j/k...LOL!
March 28th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbritt86 View Post
Are you staying in RI?
Yeah I am. I'm probably moving closer to where you guys are actually. One thing that will be nice is being able to go shopping... there is a target like 5 minutes away from the new place... which is the closest target to where I live now, too, just takes 45 minutes instead!!

I'm totally procrastinating right now on packing.... maybe if I dont pack I won't have to move...

March 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
sorry you have to move, it sucks I am moving this June but it should be nice being closer to shopping

March 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Ahh thats crazy youll probably be in the same city as me and like 10 mins away!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I'm sorry you have to move. I hope you end up enjoying your new living situation more than you think. How long do you plan on being there? And totally play the preggo card during the move. lol

March 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I'm sorry you have to move. I moved last year when I was 7 months pregnant with 2 small kids. It was just me and my s/o packing the stuff to the new place.

March 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Good luck with the move! Don't work too hard! Hopefully this is only temporary and then you can go back to living somewhere you'd be happier.

March 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
bump

March 30th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Snowpeas
Oh brother! Sorry it started off on a bad foot! ((hugs))
March 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no. I am sorry it started off wrong.

I hope it gets better!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't you put a lock on the door or something? Why would she go in there anyway? Was she snooping? I hope the tension settles. Maybe explain things to his Grandma and she'll understand.

March 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
, that is hard but I am sure in time things will smooth out

March 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Don't go nuts you just kinda have to block inlaws out as much as you can't because you moved in with the inlaws. My MIL did the same thing with KJ. Telling me not to get pregnant right away, as I'm laying there in and out on pain meds because my gall bladder. I just fell asleep because i was getting worked up on anger. But KJ was my DH's doing, he threw away my birth control after a deployment. Just gotta kinda blow them off.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Girl put a lock on the door! That'll keep her out!

March 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Girl put a lock on the door! That'll keep her out!

March 31st, 2009, 03:22 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Man, I'm sorry you are already stressed. Moving is no fun, especially when you move in with family. Good luck though..I hope things straighten up soon with you MIL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search