any funny stories about morning sickness

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok i thought i would have a laugh if you girls would like, im so miserable throwing up all the time so i thought id make a silly thread....

1.any embarrassing/funny moments?
2.whats the worst thing youve hurled?

i get embarrassed in restaurant bathrooms, i feel like shouting "i am not throwing up on purpose!"
and the worst has to be today, watermelon, it burned

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It's not my own story but it's a funny one.

A friend of mine who teaches music at an elementary school was pregnant with her 2nd. My class was in her room at the time for music. She suddenly had to throw up. She couldn't run to the bathroom and leave the class unattended so she grabbed a trashcan. Well puking can be contagious. Several kids threw up on the floor after that. The room smelled awful for the rest of the day.

March 29th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
I throw up about 5 times a day...morning and afternoon it's HORRIBLE!!

But every time I have to run to the bathroom my DD comes running after me and starts copying my noises and pretending to vomit in the toilet too!!! I can't even tell her to leave because I heaving so bad but it makes me smile at the same time...silly little thing she is.

Worst thing I've thrown up so far would have to be the apple I ate this morning...my throat was SO sore after and it was just yuck!!!

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!
March 29th, 2009, 12:17 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jassie will often follow me when I need to vomit. She'll stand behind me and rub my shoulders saying "poor mummy". Often when I'm done she'll life my top, poke me in the belly and say "bad baby make mummy sick".

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 29th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
No funny stories.. NOT FUNNY LOL

But the grossest thing i have thrown up was nim chow...Ew

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
More embarrassing than funny:

I got called out to a birth during my last pregnancy, and had BAD morning sickness with that pregnancy. I had puked as soon as I got up (got called in the middle of the night) and was hoping that would be it for the day. The mom's labour went pretty fast, but as she was pushing, I was getting nauseous again. I had to sit down (right beside the bed) or I would have been puking again. I must have looked like I was going to faint, because the OB looked at me and asked me if I were ok, probably thinking, "A doula that faints at the sight of birth????"

March 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I think the most embaressing was when I puked at the doctors ofice, at least i made it in the bucket, the weirdest was when I just drank juice it came up a minute later and still smelled like juice. gross but very strange

March 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
No embarrasing moments yet thank goodness but the worst thing happened to be the funniest also (well to me)

I usually only get sick when I brush my teeth and I eat eggs every morning for breakfast so I regurgitated my eggs and grape juice (yes the eggs were purple) but I got a chunk of egg stuck in my sinus for like 2 hours. It felt so weird and was rediculously hard to get out lol.
March 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Veteran
I didn't throw up at all (and i'm lucky i didn't) but there were times when i got nauseous on the light rail while on my way to school. I would just think how i would get off the train and find a trash can. I always had to have an escape route. Even in my classes! I would know where the closest bathroom and trashcan was at all times.

March 30th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh its like this thread was meant for me!

The most embarrasing time I got sick... hmmmm, so many to choose from but I've got a good one. Last week my loving parents came to visit. Mom already felt the need to clean, do laundry, stock the freezer (you'd think I'm gonna pop any minute). Anyway, I was at work and she calls to say that she's got dinner handled. Great, right? Only I get home and discover that my mother's idea of a good dinner for a pregnant daughter who throws up constantly is... FAJITAS. Thats right, spicy mexican fajitas with onions and peppers. This woman was pregnant nine times- you'd think she'd be better at this. Well, I don't want to seem ungrateful so I sit down thinking I'd just have one or two and it wouldn't be so bad. I swear I put in the first bite and gagged. But I'm like, I'll just chew the one bite and then plead my way out of dinner. So I chew. And then I throw up all over my plate. In front of DH and my stunned parents. I'm so shocked that I don't move immediately and I throw up again (also at the table). needless to say no one ate the fajitas and I don't think she'll ever make them again. And I threw out the tablecloth.

Worst thing to throw up- apple juice. Never again. How does an apple burn????
March 30th, 2009, 07:06 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was running a lot when I first got pregnant as I was training to do a half marathon and didnt know I was pregnant. For some reason BBQ sauce was one of the few things that set me off. Well I went for my morning run and got about 7k away from my house and someone was cooking at like 6am with BBQ sauce. The smell was so strong I stopped at the side of the road and dry-heaved over and over again into the ditch. There are quite a few regular runners in my neighborhood and a couple passed me by giving me a really odd look. Then I had to make it home the 7k in time to make it to school on time. Trying to run while gagging was awful!
March 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My DS will throw up in the toilet because he sees me do it so much. He likes to come in and say Mommy puking and wait until I pull my head out so he can act like he's puking. He's trying to figure out the difference between sitting on the potty and throwing up.

Worst thing ever to throw up???? Hot wings or rice.
March 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Pregasaurus's Avatar Check out these melons!
Send a message via AIM to Pregasaurus
omg.. none of it's funny... NONE! The grossest? I'd have to go with milk and creamy peanut butter. That's what I usually eat but the baby doesn't like creamy.... it likes crunchy better.

Only thing that made me smile was Aydan... He's DS and is 15mo old today... he got a toy and started making heaving noises in it. I mean LOUD ones... like BLAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited by Pregasaurus; March 31st, 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: dreaded double post... buh!
March 31st, 2009, 03:30 PM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
Luckily, my step-son is never really around when I need to throw up, but DH always is...he will come in and try and be sweet by rubbing my back...but then I will start to hear..."ugh, gross...it stinks" I'm like...thanks...but get out!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search