RANT....Sorry kinda long but I need help

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs. Brown
Ok so does anyone else out there feel like they are the only one who EVER does anything around the house. I mean my DH went fishing for 4 hours today (2 hours I was gone with my DS shopping for a new bike for him and shoes for me). He knows I had to make baked ziti, applesauce cake, and study for a quiz on Monday. Do you think he lifted a fricking finger when he got home. No....He took DS and went to watch TV while I cleaned the kitchen and cooked. My house looks like a freaking tornado went through it and it is so cluttered. I mean he just throws stuff wherever he wants and doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. He doesn't even so much as put his dirty clothes in the laundry pile they lay next to his side of the bed. I am so frusturaed and stressed out right now I feel like I could just rip my hari out and cry. All I ask is for a little help but no. Instead I feel like he does this.....
I asked him to put the dishes away in the dishwasher and he says later. Well I was ready to get things down now and he wouldn't do crap. I was joking and for those of you that know Wonder Pets I sang the song what's going to work team work while unloading the dishwasher and I swear he told me to shut up. Oh I could just choke him right now. Sorry to rant but had to get it out somewhere. I just don't know what to do to get him to help. I know B*#ching doesn't work or nagging. Any suggestions on how to get some help?????? PLEASE HELP ME
Currenlty this is where DH is at in my book.

March 28th, 2009, 07:13 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dont worry honey its the same way here!!! with my DF and my roommate!!!!!! DF puts his clothes in floor on his side of the bed too! and the dishes thing ohhhhhh i HaTE dirty dishes being anywhere but in the kitchen and my roommate piles them up in his bathroom down stairs like its to much an effort to bring them back upstairs!! we have 8 plates...... i found 7 of them in his bathroom.. ohhh i was soooo mad and cups with stale milk yuck!!!!

and one time i asked them to do the dishes.. what did they do unloaded the DIRTY ones and put them in the cabinets helloo could you really not tell they were dirty!!!!!

March 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do feel like that sometimes. I had to stop cleaning out the cat box once our boy cat decided to pee all over the place.. just decided it was no longer healthy (shouldn't be doing it anyways).
it is the ONLY thing Thomas has to do.. and he constantly forgets, and i'm not one to nag. I don't think I should HAVE to nag. I clean, I cook, I do the laundry and the dishes.. cleaning out the cat box is simple. ONE thing and he forgets! BLAH!!!!

so no, you're not alone!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 28th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs. Brown
So glad to know that I am not alone. Oh yeah catbox forgot about that. He does that once every 2 weeks after I ask him 10 times that day and you can image how it smells by then. GGGGRRRRRRR Men. To make matters worse we have not made love since we got pregnant because he is afraid of hurting the baby or whatever. I could just freaking scream. I need a vacation or a nanny to clean for me. I think I will just start paying someone to clean my house and send him the bill!!!!!

March 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Wow.. I guess I'm the only one with a husband that helps.. he does an equal amount of housework as me if not more. He's awesome.. that would really piss me off though.

March 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Regular
I'm sorry you're dealing with this hon!!!

It's when I read or hear about things like this that make me glad I'm single! No one to argue with, and I get to make all of the decisions...

March 28th, 2009, 08:06 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I have to say that I'm very lucky to have a DH who helps out a lot.

Here's what you do though...go on strike. Seriously. Wash your clothes and your DS's. If DH doesn't put his in the dirty clothes pile don't pick them up. Leave them by his side of the bed. When he runs out of clean clothes or gets tired of climbing over the mountain to get to bed write him some instructions on how to do his own laundry.

Let him know that this is NOT 1950 and he can do his fair share around the house.

March 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the world of a wife. Men are slobs and pigs.. the end. No seriously, men don't do anything unless you nag them to death about it.

March 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
That stinks, My DH actually has ocd so thats never a problem.. I usually am the one getting introuble for things like my make up bag on my dresser lol BUT .. I think that you should just sit him down and talk to him... It sounds as tho he may be just lazy and not intentionally not doing anything.. You should say something like "The husbands of the ladies in my DDC are helping out their wives" LOL I have been doing things like that with DH forever lol

Speaking of the liter box... I am pretty sure I asked DH to do that like a week ago and its still not done

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh does the dishes, and in his opinion that makes him god. Sometimes he takes out the garbage, and once in a blue moon he does laundry. I have to admit, though that I am really lazy about cleaning. There are almost always toys in the living room (we have a toy room), and the sink in the bathroom is covered in god only knows what. Today is cleaning day though and I am so not motivated.
March 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
CriscoNinja
Mine cleans up after himself but that's it. Doesn't really help with dishes, (ok, once in a while) doesn't cook, doesn't clean the bathroom... BUT he does do his own laundry.

I'm not sure how to get him to do more, I'm sure if I asked he would...never tried asking. Good luck is all I can offer you!
March 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Welcome to the world of a wife. Men are slobs and pigs.. the end.
My husband is a huge slob as well. He will throw his clothes on the floor literally one foot from the clothes basket. He will open cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and never close them, he will pile his clean clothes on top of his dresser until it's overflowing and his drawers are empty, he will spill something and not clean it up, drop something and it stays there until I get to it, etc. He seems perfectly content to live in a pig sty. It drives me nuts!!

However I cannot complain about him helping out lately. Since I've been pregnant he's been doing 99% of the cooking, all the laundry, and a lot of the childcare. I have no idea how I got him to do this lately but I am so glad he is. It's frustrating to feel like you're the only one doing all the work, especially when you're pregnant too.
March 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Veteran
I think it's really funny that when a guy cleans something he thinks he deserves a medal and praise all over the place for like three days, yet when his girl cleans, he notices what she DIDN'T do. I have to admit, i have been slacking on the cleaning because i'm just so unmotivated to do it. He will clean, once it gets really bad. He does vacuum a lot though. I think it's because we got a new vacuum where you can see how much crap you clean up in the filter. He refuses to clean the bathrooms, and complains about having to clean the litter boxes. He says that he is going to ask our doctor about having me clean the litter boxes. I told him to go right ahead knowing that she will tell him to do it! Guys are just prewired to think that women do the cleaning. Maybe you just need to break down one day and just start bawling your eyes out saying that you really need his help. I did that when i was going back to school and he has been helping more often since (but still not half of the cleaning) Good luck.

March 29th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh has been a big help since ive gotten pg , he has never once complain when i did not cook and we were eating fast food for like 2wks straight! he has done the dishes more now the before i was pregnant and he has helped out soo much on watching ds. cleaning not too much but he does do his own laundry which i feel bad sometimes but i hate doing laundry!!!

March 30th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
df only cooks. and im lazy wit cleaning also.LOL. but every so often he will clean. which shocks me. but yea. he thinks he deserves a medal for that.

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search