are you still keeping a secret from anyone?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Just wondering how many of you still haven't told people yet? Im still almost too nervous to tell everyone. DH of course knows, a few of my close friends know, most everyone at my job knows (thats not many people lol) but we still haven't told my mom or his mom yet.
Just wondering if anyone else is still hiding it?

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

March 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, everyone knows now.

March 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only DH's best friend knows. I'm not telling anyone else until I can't hide it anymore.

March 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
We still haven't told everyone. We have told family and a few close friends but that is all. I don't know why...I am feeling pretty confident about things now, but we were out of town so there just wasn't any time. But, I am thinking I am going to have to tell people now. I know I am not showing "baby" yet, but my clothes no longer fit...I guess my stomach muscles have no resistance now that this is number 3! It is about time to switch to maternity...at least within a week or two!

March 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Veteran
Mostly everyone knows. My aunt (who is also my godmother) does not know yet. I'm very scared to tell her. They are very religious and my uncle (whom i have mixed feelings about...) may lecture me and make me feel bad. My excuse to not tell people now is that i don't need to be stressing about how to tell people and how they will react

March 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
It will be a secret until my 12 week appointment next Monday ... well at least from my family. He blabbed weeks ago.
March 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
tracemomof3's Avatar Veteran
I finished telling everyone at 8 weeks.
March 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM
*Hayley*
i'm still keeping it a secret from work. it's going to be REAL obvious in a few more weeks though. I was very tiny with a flat belly and that has disappeared quickly.
March 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
I haven't told anyone but my s/o, my sister, my mom and my children's godparents.

March 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
this is a little of a sore subject for my fiance and I. Somewhere along the line someone told him that you aren't supose to tell everybody until 16 weeks! I have told all the important people while he doesn't even want to tell his dad yet! It drives me crazy! Today we saw a lady that goes to his church and we know she will tell everyone but he still wants to keep quiet! Arrrrg!
March 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I finally told my mom 2 weekend's ago. DH still has yet to tell his unit.... I told him if he doesn't tell soon I am going to stop by his office after my u/s on friday while he is home with the kids and tell them all then..... Or just send out a mass email to his chain of comand.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

Last edited by corey92902; March 29th, 2009 at 08:06 PM.
March 29th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
still keeping my lil secreat! im waiting to til we move to tx which i ll be 5mon lol , BIG SURPRISE!

March 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone on my side of this arrangement knows. For my IP's, the only person they have told is her brother. They don't want to tell anyone else until we've had the results of the amnio, and then the first person they will tell is their daughter (they don't want her to know in case there is a serious problem and we need to terminate).

March 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Snowpeas
We're in the process of telling everyone. We're not hiding it anymore but not everyone has heard yet.
March 30th, 2009, 03:47 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're still keeping it a secret from everyone, but plan on telling everyone during our Easter celebrations.

March 30th, 2009, 04:46 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We've told all of my family and friends. DH's parents know and so do most of his co workers. We haven't told my stepdaughter yet. She lives 5 hours away and we haven't seen her since we found out. She will be here Easter weekend and we'll tell her then. We wanted to tell her in person.

March 30th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've told almost everyone. I'm waiting until my appt this thursday to tell the rest of my sorority sisters. So far only one knows but its a touchy time since one of the girls recently had a loss. Kinda a delicate situation I have to tiptoe around since they have been ttc for years (so sad).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search