A little down

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM
CriscoNinja
Yikes!! Maybe he's just freaking out, and will come around? And I must have missed what happened with your mom?

I hope you two can talk when he's calmed down. I know sometimes men just don't get it.
March 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I missed what happened with your mom too, but I just wanted to send a huge hug!!! Does he have single friends? I'm just wondering if maybe he's feeling really scared...scared about growing up, scared about the RESPONSIBILITY overall (not just financial). I think he'll come around

March 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I think it's natural for a man to be worried about the financial responsibilities that come with having a child. It's even worse in these economic times. I'm sure he will come around. It sounds like he just freaked out.
March 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Crystal - I am so sorry to hear that!! But please don't worry. I am more then sure it is just the "cold feet" of babyhood! He's probably just nervous and I'm sure he didn't mean what he said. Our hubsters go through so many changes during this time, just like we do, except we can blame it on hormones - while theirs are probably just straight nerves. I'm sure you two will be making up shortly, but in the meantime....((((HUGS)))) I'll be thinking of you!!!!! I feel horrible that you're sad!
March 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
*Hayley*
wow. i don't know to say really. if it were me, i'd have a good old heart to heart about what it means to be a husband and father and it's time for him to step up to the plate.

are you still in college? DH and I were both still in school when we got pregnant with DS, and were engaged but definitely not TTC. If you ever want to pm me, feel free.
March 29th, 2009, 07:19 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My bf went through the same feelings. We had been together 3 years and unexpectedly got pregnant and the shock of responsibility and financial burden really freaked him out. He said some things that really stressed me out as well. That he thought it would ruin our relationship and he wasnt ready for this. It wasnt long before he apologized for his reaction saying he was in shock and felt like he didnt have any choice. He's been on board ever since and has been great. I'd say give him time to cool off and realize what a jerk he was. I'm sure he'll come around and that it was a moment of "oh my god I'm supposed to be having a baby and I dont know whats going to happen!!"
March 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the childish ways are never totally gone!

Honestly, if you wait until you are COMPLETELY 'ready' to have a baby, especially financially, you'll never have one! They really aren't as expensive as people will try to scare you into believing.

Having a baby is a SCARY thing. I freaked out so many times during my pregnancy with my first. I'm sure things will be ok once you have a talk with him

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I hope everything works out!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Snowpeas
My dh went through something similar when we got pregnant with Olivia (and he was 36!). We had both talked about having kids and both agreed to start trying. Then I got pregnant and he freaked out - he didn't even act happy about it first. I was so confused and hurt.

It turns out once the baby was actually on the way it became real to him and he was worried about being a good provider (must be a guy thing).

It wasn't too long though and he came around and started to get excited about it. From then on he was super involved in the pregnancy. But it was scary for a while.

Big
March 30th, 2009, 05:14 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I hope it's just some anxiety on his end and that he'll get over it soon. You don't need to be worrying about him on top of everything else. If he seems to still be having issues I'd suggest some counseling for you as a couple so hopefully you can work things out.

March 30th, 2009, 05:22 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Oh, I get that way but I kinda can't walk away, especially with KJ. I was wondering I was only 19-20 and was I really ready for kids. But it is probably just anxiety about the situation. Seriously when he holds the baby he won't feel that way anymore.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 30th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck talking things out. I am sure that he is just freaked out because its getting "real" for him. My dh is also in a fraternity (and I'm a sorority girl). We've been married four years and it was HIS idea to start TTC. Of course he's now obsessed with saving money and providing for us. To hear him talk, the bank will take away our house and we'll be eating gov. cheese. This from a man who (thank God) has a great, steady job and has never missed a payment in his life. Its normal. They can't deal as well as we can.

KUP with how things work out and I hope that you're ok.
March 30th, 2009, 06:06 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men ALWAYS worry about the financial responsibilities, ALWAYS! We have the mothering instincts and nurturing and they have the "providing" instincts and they worry. DH worries about money too but it certainly doesn't mean he regrets our decision to have #3.
With this being your 1, your DH is still learning how to deal with your hormones and what he should and shouldn't say to you. I know it's so hard to control your hormones when you get mad and he's still not use to those raging hormones yet.
I'm sure you BOTH said things you regret and wish you wouldn't have. Time is a big deal in an argument and you just let things calm down and then talk them out.
Everything will be ok, just have a heart to heart without fighting. Good luck!

March 30th, 2009, 09:49 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going thru this.

I hope things get better for you soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search