Anyone else having a scheduled c section?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
I will be having a scheduled c section with this baby. My last pregnancy ended in an emergency c section and because of the way my uterus and pelvis are, I cannot have natural child births.

Anyone else having a scheduled c or a second c section? I'm kinda nervous!!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

March 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
*Hayley*
not unless the baby is breech.
March 29th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.crystal View Post
my doctor keeps telling me i'm probably gonna have to have a c-section since i have a small frame. But i'm going to try and attempt natural first. c-sections scare me!
This is pretty much my problem. With my first daughter, she failed her biophysical profile and they thought she was braindead so I had to have an emergency c section. Luckily, she was fine but they said I would have never been able to pass her through. I am EXTREMELY short waisted, and I'm only 5'1".

I've talked to my doctor this time around and he said definitely a c section with this one, based on what he saw with the last one. Poor Carly was 38 weeks and 8 lbs 3 oz and absolutely CRAMMED into my abdomen!

C sections really aren't that bad, I promise! I was able to go home a day early from the hospital, and the biggest thing is having as much help as you can get so that you can rest!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

March 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Veteran
They are making me have one b/c they will not do a VBAC. My first was breech, and the c/s was no fun at all. I'm completely dreading this one.
March 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I will most likely be having one since i'm having twins.I've only had one emergency c-section and 3 Vbacs.I would love another Vbac but with identical twins i heard it was risky so my best bet is a c-section.
March 29th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am *supposed* to. I had 7 vaginal births and then my 8th was breech when my water broke at 35 weeks. I had to have a c/s with her. We decided not to go with a vbac with my 9th but would have needed another c/s anyway because she was also breech when labpor started at 36 weeks. So, it would have been scheduled but she came early.

If, by some miracle, (which I would love) I make it to 39 weeks, this one will be a scheduled c/s. But, the last two and the one before all came at 35-36 weeks so we kind of have to plan on rushing to the hospital to have one again vs. being scheduled.

I found my 2nd c/s to be much easier as far as being nervous, pain, recovery, etc. because I had been through it before. I still experienced all of that stuff but since I had been through it before I was able to be a bit more calm about it.

March 30th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
I am having a scheduled csection also around 38 to 39 weeks. I am nervous as well... i guess its normal, but thinking bout csection recovery n my experience with child birth, its a csection hands down.

PS... VBacs are apparently against the law in NJ which is bullsh** but whatever
March 30th, 2009, 06:20 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be having my 3rd c/section. I can tell you, the 2nd time is much easier for recovery. I didn't take any pain meds after the first day and was doing great.
I had a spinal with my first, emergency c/section because of heart decels. She was 9lbs 12.8oz and 21.5 inches long. I'm 5 foot and weighed 125 when I had her! She was wedged up under my ribs, almost breaking them. They did a c/section and still had to use the vaccum to get her out because she was so stuck in there.
2nd was scheduled, spinal didn't take and I had to be knocked out. SCARED THE SH*T out of me, then had spinal headaches. Oh so NOT fun. But like I said, recovery was easier.
This time will be scheduled and I'm opting out of the spinal and just going with being put under again. You can only do that if you have previous issues with anestesia (sp).

March 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I'll be having a scheduled c-section. I was in labor with my son for 18 hours (med free! ) and then finally he just wasn't coming down after my water had been broken for a long time. They didn't want to risk more infection so I had a c-section. And my dr will not do a VBAC so c-section it is. Im also nervous about the recovery. My incision got infected the first time, and i also had bronchitis at the time....so the recovery with my son was BRUTAL. Im hoping this time around will go smoother.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

March 30th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I was close to having a c-section with Adriana.. My labor was 32 hours (not med free lol) and my water decided to brake 30 minutes before my Dr was going to have me go under the knife..

I have a chance I'll have a c-section with my next baby because more then likely I'll have gestational diabetes again.. I don't make big babies, so I'll think I may be able to have a normal birth.. I just pray I have a shorter labor.. lol

March 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
i hope to not have another c section.. it was a terrible experience for me.. I will do everything in my power to have vbac

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search