Depression anyone?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone here suffering from depression? I am and wanted to share that with you girls because I feel better when I talk about it. I made the decision to start taking antidepressants again after stopping them when i found out I was pregnant. I haven't taken antidepressants in my previous two pregnancies, so I keep having some feeling of guilt, but it was getting so bad that I could hardly take care of my kids, I was having my hubby and MIL helping me alot, they still are until I get stable on my meds again. I feel like I am opening myself up alot and am hoping not to have any harsh words against me. Thanks for listening.
March 29th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Snowpeas
You'll definitely not get any harsh words from me. Depression runs in my family and I tend to have situational depression. Right now life is very stressful (hubby lost job, living in a two room apartment for 9mo while we work on our house, etc) so I am worried about sliding into a depression again. So far I'm doing okay but I definitely get my days when I feel pretty down.
March 30th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
I do...I am in the same situation as you. I was diagnosed with PPD after DD was born in Sept 2006 and continue to suffer from it today. I am still on 50mg on Zoloft (after coming down from 100mg). At this stage I am feeling ok but hormones are crazy things and every day is different. I suffer from PPD with OCD. It's really hard because NO ONE truly understands (except other sufferers) my family are amazingly supportive and do what they can to help but unfortunately no one lives in my head and goes through what I go through.
I haven't had an "episode" for quite awhile...thank you Zoloft!! But the last week or so I have noticed a few things that have me worried...a few unwanted thoughts. I'm just playing it day by day at the moment in hope things don't go down hill. I really don't want to uplift my dosage but if it came down to it I'm going to have to because I need to care for my daughter.

If you need to talk you can PM me...or come down to my board and post there- PPD board. Or we could ask the hosts for a sticky for all the depression sufferers to go so we can talk.

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!
March 30th, 2009, 06:02 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I would certainly hope that no one would have a harsh word against you for this. Depression can be a very serious thing and if you feel you need treatment than you need treatment. It wouldn't be healthy for you or the baby to remain depressed. Plus women who already suffer from depression can be more likely to have PPD. As long as you are under a Drs care for the depression than taking the meds is safe.

March 30th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Super Mommy
I want to also ask my dr about an anti depressant, I have high anxiety n its driving me nuts, my hormones are going crazy n putting me into a rut, I would hope not to get PPD but i am nervous to ask for anti depressants because they gave me grief after DS was born bout my anxiety even though I showed no signs of PPD
March 30th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
*raises hand* Im bi-polar and not on any meds. I would imagine that depression isn't as uncommon as we'd like to think it is with prgnancy. For me, one of my biggest depressors is that I've suddenly lost ALL of my friends. I know that is not very uncommon for ladies who have single friends or friends without kids. :/

Im glad you've made the decision to go back on meds as it will really help you more then not medicating if you are really feeling that bad And it will definately help your family as well. Just make sure that you watch yourself closely, tell someone if you dont feel right and remember we are all here to listen!

No one should ever down-talk you about depression and if they are they've obviously never been there or are not worth your time!
March 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
[quote=Violette;15122109]*raises hand* Im bi-polar and not on any meds. I would imagine that depression isn't as uncommon as we'd like to think it is with prgnancy. For me, one of my biggest depressors is that I've suddenly lost ALL of my friends. I know that is not very uncommon for ladies who have single friends or friends without kids. :/
quote]

Ive lost all my friends also.... *** them, I dont need them... they down me because i "dont leave the house" but in reality they are mad because i take care of my responsibilities and are not stuck in my teen years leaving my child with my parents and SO so i can go out and drink and do things I shouldn't be doing anyways. We are better off
March 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also have suffered from depression and I can't imagine anyone here judging us for it! So far (knock on wood) I've only had one serious bout but its easier now that I know the symptoms to just suck it up, ask for the medication and deal with issues before they become overwhelming. Depression is really frightening and I applaud you for taking the initiative to get help while pregnant. More women need to talk about this openly (imo) since its hardly a rare issue- pregnant or not!

Its great that your family is so supportive and I hope that you're having an easier time now. Good luck and quit the guilt!
March 30th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
Don't feel bad or anything about being on antidepressants while pregnant. I have really bad PMDD. Before getting pregnant this time around I was on 200mg of Zoloft a day. Right now I have been able to lower my dose to 100mg. Soon I hope to lower it to 50mg. But if now I know everything will be fine. 2 pregnancies ago I had completely weened myself off of it just to go back on at leat 50mg a day just 2 months later. So I have found that I can't take myself off of it. I can just watch myself and only lower the dose. Because of the PMDD I am at a higher risk of getting PPD. I was actually suffering from PPD after having my twins. So my dose had to go back up to 150mg.

There is nothing wrong with taking care of YOU. A happy mom=a happy baby.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also suffer from anxiety. Panick attacks/hyperventilating/fainting when its at its worse. Not sleeping when its mild. I have permission to take atavan when needed from the dr. as long as its not daily. Sometimes you have to weigh the pros and cons and if it will calm you down or make you feel better thats better for you, your family and your baby. Reading this thread almost made me cry. Knowing that a lot of women are dealing with similar issues and are still amazing moms. Makes me feel less alone!
March 30th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i do. i havent really been medicated, nor have i talked to a dr about it. but i am definately REALLY down. and always have been. im petrified of death and the end of the world, and war, and i know its dumb, but i am PETRIFIED of it all.

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 30th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imxpatiently_waiting View Post
i do. i havent really been medicated, nor have i talked to a dr about it. but i am definately REALLY down. and always have been. im petrified of death and the end of the world, and war, and i know its dumb, but i am PETRIFIED of it all.
You sound more anxious than anything. Ask your regular doctor to give you an oral test to decide which medication is right for you. Anxious people usually have what is a "pet peeve" if you will that they can obsess over... I obsessed over my sons well being in utero THE WHOLE TIME, when he cries and freaks out now I could cry and freak out because of the way my anxiety makes me feel, I haven't been on drugs for it in years but my mother has brought this to my attention that maybe I need to get help for myself to better my feelings to help me care for my kids... its horrible to feel this way...
March 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
You sound more anxious than anything. Ask your regular doctor to give you an oral test to decide which medication is right for you. Anxious people usually have what is a "pet peeve" if you will that they can obsess over... I obsessed over my sons well being in utero THE WHOLE TIME, when he cries and freaks out now I could cry and freak out because of the way my anxiety makes me feel, I haven't been on drugs for it in years but my mother has brought this to my attention that maybe I need to get help for myself to better my feelings to help me care for my kids... its horrible to feel this way...
hmmm. thanks for that. i DO need to get some help,

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 30th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imxpatiently_waiting View Post
hmmm. thanks for that. i DO need to get some help,
didnt mean to offend u if thats how you took it, I actually had thought you were the thread starter but your symptoms just popped out on the screen to me because thats what I suffer from.
March 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I have harsh words for you! I'm kidding!!!
I am here for support and I was put on antidepressants with DS #1 but never took them it was for anxiety mostly. But after dealing with financial issues and everything anxiety was coming back. I took them through my last pregnancy and then I thought it was that why I lost it (it wasn't no where close to that reason) and I stopped them, but if it makes you feel better than you go for it! I will support you because I'm sure after this pregnancy I will have to go back on them for anxiety for deployment.

Some point in everyone's life (if they know it or not) everyone has depression!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Veteran
I'm sure that a lot of women feel what you are feeling. Depression is pretty common, even if it's not on a regular basis. I have been feeling a lot of things since i became pregnant. Talk to your Dr and decide what is best for you. We are all here for you and would never judge you.

March 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
You will get no harsh words over here. DF suffers from depression and we had a REALLY hard time the beginning of last year. I would definitely check with a doctor to see if you may need medication. Pregnancy is definitely a time when moods get altered. There are tons of changes every single day that can affect you.
March 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
nothing harsh coming from me either, I have bipolar 2, PPD, "severe depression with psychotic features, accompanied by atypical features." Also, I am a recovering addict. I am on a ton of different meds, I wish I could go back on zoloft but that is what caused my suicide attempt and got me my severe diagnosis...

If anyone really feels down for wgat seems like forever, please just call your OB.
After I realized the zoloft wasn't for me, I was so far down and out looking for anyway to get by and turned to heroin. Yes, my mood was better, yes, I felt better, but it was just a bandaid, until it started wearing off and I felt 50x worse.

Like I said, get help anyone who thinks they may need it, please!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search