Mommy of the Week for 3.30.09 is SurroDoula

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Please fill out our little survey and if any of the ladies would like to ask questions she is all your's! We are getting to know to know her!!!

Name:
Eye Color:
Hair color:
Favorite things to do:
Favorite pass time as a child:
If you could have a vacation ANYWHERE in the world where would it be?

**If you would like to add any questions to this survey to be on every survey please pm me or if you would like to be added to our MOTW!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 31st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Tammy
State you live in: I live in Alberta, Canada
Eye Color: Kind of a blue-green.
Hair color: Brown
Favorite things to do: I'm really boring lately, I'm in school and spending a lot of time studying. If I have free time, I'm reading or scrapbooking/cardmaking.
Favorite pass time as a child: Reading anything I could get my hands on.
If you could have a vacation ANYWHERE in the world where would it be? Anywhere WARM right now! We still have a good foot of snow on the ground here, and it isn't melting fast enough for me!

Last edited by SurroDoula; March 31st, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
March 31st, 2009, 10:17 AM
Snowpeas
What first made you decide you wanted to be a surrogate?

What did you dh think about it when you first mentioned it?

What's your favorite part of pregnancy?

How did you and dh meet?
March 31st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What first made you decide you wanted to be a surrogate? My aunt and uncle are infertile, and were always teasing me about how I should give them one of my kids! I thought about it, and figured I could do that, just not using my own eggs. I offered to be their surrogate, but they had already accepted the fact that they wouldn't become parents. So, I thought, well, why not do it for someone else?

What did you dh think about it when you first mentioned it? Lol, he was totally against it, until he had a much better understanding about what was all involved.

What's your favorite part of pregnancy? I love it all (except for nausea) but I really like giving birth (I know, I'm a nut).

How did you and dh meet? We met in high school. I went out with his friend for over 2 years, lol. We didn't start dating until several years after high school.

April 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
are yor intended parents people you know/knew? Well, I know them now! they live pretty close by so we talk on the phone a lot and get together as well. They have a 6 year old daughter (that doesn't know about the surrogacy yet) and my daughters are 5 and 8, so we get together with them sometimes, and the kids play. I connected with them through an agency.

how did you go about being a surrogate to others?? (i mean after your relatives?) I joined an agency, which allows you to view the profiles of Intended Parents, and takes care of all details and expenses and such.

what is the relationship like with your past intended parents and their children? It's okish. I'm not sure how long it will last, really, I think it was just too hard on my former Intended Mother to have someone else carry her baby. I get the occasional email update, but haven't gotten any pictures other than one that was taken a few days after birth.

(i hope im not being nosey.. i have thought about being a surrogate myself) No problem. I'm used to answering a ton of questions about it, ask away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search