My baby has body odor!!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
ii thought iit was pretty weiird too.. ii have a 3 month old and i woke up with him this morning and went to chAnge him and ii smelled really bad body odor.. at first ii thought iit was me lol ii knew iit wasnt but ii checked anyways. so i smelled aidens armpits.. OMG he reeked of body odor. and we juss gave him a bath last night too. he smelled like a grown man after working all day lol... so i guess im going to have to call the drs and see what ii should do. does anyone know if there iis such thing as baby deodarant lol.. if so someone please let me know,
February 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Bella is now 13 months old and still has moderate body odor. It doesn't seem to be as bad in the winter as the warmer months. Largely bc she has a barrier of clothing between her armpits I think, vs wearing tank tops and dresses in summer. We have an appt the end of March at an endocronologist doctor who will I guess be running tests that my pediatrician did not run. The endo dr. still wanted to see Bella even after the blood work came back normal for estrogen levels and such. I guess they know exactly what to be looking for.

I actually used my deod. on her in the summer months when the bo was out of control. My pediatrician told me not to, but she wasn't walking around with a stinky baby either....it didn't break her out so no harm done in my opinion...hehe

I will post the results of the dr. findings.
November 23rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
I know this article is old, 2008, but I have a 12 month old and just noticed yesterday that he has body odor too. Just in his arm pits. Smells of mans BO. I dont know what to do about it. Did you moma's ever figure anything out?
May 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hi Ladies!

My son has had body odor in his armpits only since he was 2 months old!!! My pediatrician said that it may be a pituitary problem, which makes him produce too much testosterone, or too much growth hormone. She said to keep a watch on his testicles and body hair. If his testes get abnormally large and he has an abnormally heavy amount of body hair then they would start to worry, but otherwise its a phase, and maybe he'll grow out of it!! It still worries me though. He doesn't have any of those other symptoms, but his body odor is like a grown mans!!!!!! I hope its just a "phase". I'm thinking of requesting blood work as much as i hate it, to test his hormone levels, just to rule it out before maybe something goes on unlooked at for too long!! Good luck!
May 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was one of the original posters on this topic. I had the same issue with my lo. hes 2 now. It honestly turned out to be nothing. I was worried it was hormonal too. My ped said it wasnt the most common this to have bo but it wasnt unheard of. She also said it was pretty rare that it was because of a hormone problem.
Good luck!

Thank you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!
May 13th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Mumu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here this topic arises out of the wood works again. Has to be the longest running subject here

Thank You SarahT For My Beautiful Siggy
May 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumu View Post
Here this topic arises out of the wood works again. Has to be the longest running subject here
I think people find it when they google "baby body odor"..?

My Chart
May 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It just reminds me how tough it can be getting to know your child as a mom. Thank God for the internet.

September 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
I have a 3 1/2 month old boy and he has body odor as well. Not just everyday baby stink when he spits up or drools, but straight up MAN smelling body odor. I haven't been able to find much on the internet so I may just have to take him to the doctors.
February 20th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud momma View Post
Hello again - just a quick update. The urine tests are back and his homocystine level was low, but I'm not sure what that means. Based on all the test results the geneticist in Little Rock is willing to see us for further evaluation. I should know tomorrow when our appointment is. I'll keep you posted with results.
Dear Proud Mama -- I am not sure you'll get this since the post is so old, but I am very interested to know how your baby's tests turned out. My 5-month old baby boy has body odor in his armpits. I thought it might be just bacteria collecting in between baths, but now I am concerned it's a bigger issue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search