Anyone getting c**p for their weight?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Yesterday I had an appt with a nutritionist and I lost the 3lbs that I had gained with this pregnancy. So she proceeded to tell me that the fact that I'm only up .5lbs from my starting weight at this point in my pregnancy is not good. When I told her that my doctor didn't mind if I didn't gain any weight she just huffed and said thats not right. She says I should be up at least 2lbs right now. Blah blah blah. She expects me to gain 10-15 pounds. I can't believe i'm getting crap about not gaining weight.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
me too from wic.. I am down -11 right now, up 2 over a two week period. and they are freaking.

also my meth. counselor is convinced I am bulimic instead of experiancing m/s

my ob is the only person not worried

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. I've lost about 3-4 pounds since getting pregnant and my Dr isn't worried at all. It's totally normal to lose weight.
If your Dr isn't worried, neither should you be.

April 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Regular
It's quite normal to lose in the first trimester. Unfortunately, I've got the opposite problem I've gained 5-6 lbs and I'm 12w4d. I've been told that gaining more than 5 lbs in the first trimester is not good.
April 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Pregasaurus's Avatar Check out these melons!
Send a message via AIM to Pregasaurus
I don't know why some people like from WIC freak out so. I am more concerned about the doc and what he says.

I'm down -5 (as of last visit) and I know it's ok. Lord knows how much I gained last time I need a good head start!! lmao

April 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
hoping4more
i think im up 2 pounds if that... and no you dont need to gain weight at all in your first tri. and you'll be fine. second the person who is going to be unhealthy is you if you dont eat properly, not that your not just that thats what shes suggesting. my doc had already told me before becuase i got a stomach bug with jesse while i was going through mornign sickness and i lost 5 pounds in about 2 days i was worried that it may effect the baby and he said oh no your baby is taken care of first then you. he said that the baby would suck the enamel right off my teeth if i didnt eat right.. but again that wasnt the case i was sick. so dont worry your baby is fine, and im sure your teeth are fine too
April 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm quite ok with not gaining weight. I'm big enough as it is. I don't need any extra pounds. baby feel free to suck me dry.LOL. It would be like free liposuction. hahahaha. i just think its pathetic that she would act the way she did when my doctor has no concerns.

April 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WHAT! I haven't put on any weight yet.. I think I put on maybe a pound or so in the last week or so and they told me that I needed to put on 30-35 pounds. They were very proud that I hadn't put on any weight in the first trimester. They said generally you loose weight in the first trimester and that they didn't want me to put on any weight. I think you are doing really good!
April 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee mommy View Post
i think im up 2 pounds if that... and no you dont need to gain weight at all in your first tri. and you'll be fine. second the person who is going to be unhealthy is you if you dont eat properly, not that your not just that thats what shes suggesting. my doc had already told me before becuase i got a stomach bug with jesse while i was going through mornign sickness and i lost 5 pounds in about 2 days i was worried that it may effect the baby and he said oh no your baby is taken care of first then you. he said that the baby would suck the enamel right off my teeth if i didnt eat right.. but again that wasnt the case i was sick. so dont worry your baby is fine, and im sure your teeth are fine too
Yep, totally true. The baby will take everyone of your nutrients, before it suffers. It's your body that needs the nurishments.

April 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I'm still in negative weight territory I think -6 lbs, they said I need to gain weight, but just because I want to give my shots to myself at home. I just look at them like you are nuts! Just let me give them to myself. I mean my thighs are bigger than my butt, so they should give them to me in my thighs.

Thanks to cavewoman

April 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Snowpeas
WIC made me come in and get re-weighed to make sure I didn't lose anymore weight. They made a huge issue out of it even though I am plus-sized.

I only need to gain 15 pounds total for the entire pregnancy. Right now I am still a couple pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and my doctor hasn't said anything yet.
April 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I'm on the thin side and I'm down 2 lbs but my doctor didnt seem concerned at all.

April 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OK...you're all losing weight!!!! I've gained about 6-8 lbs! OB isn't worried. I always lose it after the baby is born.

April 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm so glad I don't deal with WIC... Luckily I don't need their help.. But each person is different.. I tend not to gain any weight when I'm pregnant. When I had my first baby, the total weight I gained was 5 lbs and I lost it all when I gave birth to my daughter.. At first my OB Dr. was concerened, but I was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks and then it wasn't an issue since I had to go on a diet.. But in the end, my baby turned out perfectly healthy.. With this pregnancy I lost 3 lbs, but that was expected to me since I started the low carb diet early.. I really don't want to much weight gain, I'm happy with only gaining 5 or so pounds..

btw.. Why are they having you see a nutritionist? Usually they send you to a nutritionist if your at risk of being high risk or you are high risk..

April 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's normal to lose weight! I'm under weight to begin with and my dr didn't say anything when I lost weight (I gained the next month, but still )

They tell you to gain weight- and then b*tch about gaining too much.. can't win!

oh, and it is ESPECIALLY normal to lose weight, or gain no weight total if you happen to be over weight to begin with.

less you weigh- the more you gain. Sucks bein' little sometimes!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 17th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
if your OB is happy I would not worry

April 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
I've gained 6-7lbs so far so I don't have to deal with that but it would drive me nuts I think. I mean if you're eating and doing your best to be healthy it's not like you can convince the scale to move if it isn't. LOL.

April 18th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
I'm so glad I don't deal with WIC... Luckily I don't need their help.. But each person is different.. I tend not to gain any weight when I'm pregnant. When I had my first baby, the total weight I gained was 5 lbs and I lost it all when I gave birth to my daughter.. At first my OB Dr. was concerened, but I was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks and then it wasn't an issue since I had to go on a diet.. But in the end, my baby turned out perfectly healthy.. With this pregnancy I lost 3 lbs, but that was expected to me since I started the low carb diet early.. I really don't want to much weight gain, I'm happy with only gaining 5 or so pounds..

btw.. Why are they having you see a nutritionist? Usually they send you to a nutritionist if your at risk of being high risk or you are high risk..
I am high risk. I have PIH(pregnancy induced hypertention). I had it with DD too. I'm also overweight.

April 18th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
Shannon, did you get an EKG? They way me to get one because I was high risk with my son...

Just wondering

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search