Baby movement or wishful thinking?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Regular
What does the first baby movements feel like? I was sitting down earlier today and for a few minutes I felt something that was like a muscle twitch where my uterus is, it felt like it was in my uterus but I'm only 12w4d and this is my first. Could I have felt the baby or is it wishful thinking?
April 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I may be feeling it as well but then again I can't be sure. It feels like little pokes.. or as someone on here said a few days ago.. it feels like popcorn. The nurse said she believes it is movement based on where it is and how I described it.
April 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It feels like butterfly wings the first few times. Just tiny little flutters.

April 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Veteran
I am getting definate nudges. Last night I didn't want to go to sleep cause I could still feel the movement. I even pushed where the movement was and it pushed back. It feels like when I was preggers with the boys. I never felt the butterflies only elbows and knees!
April 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly i'd say it's most likely wishful thinking and you're probably feeling gas or something else. At 12 weeks the baby is something like 2 inches, very very hard to feel, even for someone on the 2nd time around. Gas feels remarkably similar to baby movement (now that i'm on my 2nd and know what movement feels like)

I didn't feel Holden until I was 20 weeks.

it's not to say you AREN'T- you could be, but it's more likely to be gas

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

Last edited by fishysticks; April 17th, 2009 at 04:46 PM.
April 17th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Snowpeas
Flutters, nudges, taps, bubbles bursting, like a little fishy swimming in there..... it's really hard to describe.

With my first baby I felt it for three days before I realized that's what it was.
April 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Regular
I guess flutters would also be a good way to describe what I felt. I'm going to wait to see if it happens again and see if it gets stronger. Thanks for all your responses.
April 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love tummy flutters...It's awesome. I hope you're feeling your little one. Although it's early, it's not unheard of

April 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran
It's possible. With Ethan I didn't feel him move until around 20 wks. With this one, I have already felt him/her move a couple of times and I am 16 wks. They say one is able to tell what movement feels like earlier in the pregnancy after you've had your first baby because you know what to look out for as far as movement goes.

Baby # 2 is a Boy!!!
April 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
I felt my last baby moving by 14 weeks so it's not impossible. My doctor thought I was crazy but my uterus was positioned just right. When they did my u/s at 14 weeks 5 days I said "the baby just moved" and it coincided with what the tech was seeing on the screen. I know that sounds weird but well it's possible and I know I felt my baby!

The other piece of that though is that he was my 5th baby so I had plenty of experience knowing what to look/feel for.

If you aren't feeling that baby you should be very soon! During the 8th-9th month you'll really feel that baby moving your organs around. LOL

April 20th, 2009, 03:34 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
like butterflies... or gas bubbles.

Even at baby #7 sometimes im like hmmm is that really it??

April 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
like butterflies... or gas bubbles.

Even at baby #7 sometimes im like hmmm is that really it??
Butterflies... I've felt it a couple more times yesterday when I was laying down in bed. I have to be really still and paying attention or I'd miss it. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is baby.
April 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
Where exactly is it? At 13 weeks you'd have to feel it right about your cervix to be baby, most women who have children still don't feel it that early.... You maybe feeling gas bubbles which we have an extreme amount of during pregnancy lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search