Are there any?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2009, 06:51 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Are there any facial cleansers that are safe to use during pregnancy?

I've been using just soap and water as my midwife said might help but my face is so oily feeling and broken out. Normally I hardly break out at all. It makes me feel so self conscious.

April 18th, 2009, 07:37 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use anything I want. Normally I stick with the neutrogena makeup removing cloths. Clean my face and take the makeup off. LOVE THEM.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This may sound odd but if your face is extra oily, try using a little extra mousturiser. Sounds counter-productive but works wonders.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 18th, 2009, 10:10 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i'm wondering this as well.. i had to stop using my face stuff because they had salicylic acid in them. hope to see more answers!

April 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've been using just soap and water as my midwife said might help but my face is so oily feeling and broken out.
As an esthetician (did this before massage therapy) I would never recommend anyone ever just use plain soap and water to cleanse their skin. Regular bar soap is actually very stripping of the skins natural oils which will in turn actually make your skin produce extra oil to try and compensate. Make sense? I agree with Fishysticks...I actually really like Neutrogena products...they seem to keep getting better and better. I don't use the cloths right now but am using the gentle cleanser in the blue bottle (it's late and I can't remember the actual name)..the cloths are nice too though. Anyway, I would recommend you get a gentle cleanser and use a lightweight moisturizer afterwards. I would stay away from ones with sunscreen in it just because that can actually irritate your skin if sensitive and right now with the pregnancy breakouts you are. Don't over exfoliate either. A lot of people tend to think more scrubbing the better off they'll be, but again you're stripping away natural oils that the skin needs.

I feel your pain in all of this though! Even though I have been trained in skin care my skin is a mess right now. My first pregnancy my skin was great and now I am a huge mess! It's not only affecting my face, but also my chest and my back. Oy...it never ends.

Hope this helps...let us know if anything works. Right now even my expensive products aren't doing the trick. Stupid hormones

P.S. Oh yeah I forgot-when looking for a moisturizer just be sure to stay away from ones with salicylic acid and retinol/retin a type things. Just a nice basic lightweight, nothing fancy moisturizer will do.
April 19th, 2009, 01:34 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Thanks for all of the info ladies...

Catherine: I'll definitely look for the neutrogena products and also try the tip on using a little extra moisturizer. That does sound odd but then once you explained it seems logical. Learn something new every day!

April 19th, 2009, 07:01 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Catherine: I'll definitely look for the neutrogena products and also try the tip on using a little extra moisturizer. That does sound odd but then once you explained it seems logical. Learn something new every day!
I don't know if I would recommend using extra moisturizer..I think someone else mentioned that. I would just go with a lightweight one and use twice a day after you cleanse. You want to replace those oils that washing takes away, but then at the same time you don't want to drown the skin in moisturizer. Hope that helps Good luck!
April 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
hoping4more
i use whatever. but anyway ive seen a dermatologist and got a pres. topical cream. its called acnemycin. and is perfectly safe to use during pregnancy. it has helped me a lot cause i break out a lot during pregnancy. i even talked to a nurse at the hospital and she said any of the mycins are fine to use... of course you need to see a dermatologist... which is covered by your insurance. my derm. doc. said they have been using this one in particular for over a decade among pregnant women with no complications at all. he also told me that acne isnt caused by bad hygene or any of that stuff that it is bacteria which is why normally most over counter stuff doesnt work, he said you need an antibiotic.... which is what im using.
April 20th, 2009, 03:59 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I just use purpose or neutrogena face soap

April 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Oil of Olay or Dermalogica - I am definately breaking out worse than normal, especially on my chin. It's killing me not to use any of the "zit" creams I normally use. The worst part is that I usually have red scarring for a while, even after the zits go away. Concealer is my best friend!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Avocado Facial Bar it's 100% natural, and fabulous!!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
April 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just posted this on another tread but I was doing research trying to something that was natural and safe and I found apple cider vinegar as an option. It works really well and it got rid of my black heads too. Just wipe some one before bed.
April 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Veteran
My face has been aweful. I have been using noxema cleanser in the morning, and an astringent at night. I also moisturize twice daily. my face isn't completely clear, but it has been getting better. i also try to make sure I don't touch my face, and drink lots of water. Good luck.

April 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I'm a huge fan of Clinique. I've used it since High school. I usually use the Wash Away Gel Cleanser though its more lotionay than gel. I love it. My face rarely breaks out. Before I got pregnant I only got a pimple before AF. Now I don't get any.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
hoping4more
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonkcc View Post
I'm a huge fan of Clinique. I've used it since High school. I usually use the Wash Away Gel Cleanser though its more lotionay than gel. I love it. My face rarely breaks out. Before I got pregnant I only got a pimple before AF. Now I don't get any.
ahh your lucky! ive always had problems with acne. it runs in my family... thats why i gave up and saw a doctor having a clear face boosts your self confidence... well im speaking for myself. im 26 27 in sept. and breaking out just drives me up a wall... seriously im not in high school anymore. ok im done.
April 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am no help I really don't clean my face with face wash. I really don't have to. But in the summer sometimes I use the clean and clear wipes

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 20th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
I use proactiv, which my doc said was perfectly fine. I just use the fash wash, seeing as it is $20 but I've been using it for years and it's totally amazing. It's gentle, exfoliating, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all ... which dries very easily

Also st.ives I've used in the past .. I think the exfoiliating one and I absolutely loved it and had no problems with it.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search