Back from ER...started bleeding..baby ok xposted

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
Hey Ladies,

Well I think I just had the scariest night of my life. At about 6pm I was sitting on the couch and it felt like I had wet myself all of a sudden...I thought this can't be right so I ran to the toilet but I knew before I even checked that it was blood. Not heaps but enough to worry and it was bright red.
Lucky we had family staying with us so we left Tae at home. We arrived at the hospital and as I was talking to the nurse it was like I was continuing peeing my pants...the blood was pouring out! I filled 2 pads!! I was sure that I was miscarrying....and I was beyond devastated. They put me in a private room (which normally does NOT happen) and the nurse told me that since I'm losing so much blood it was not looking good, the only thing in my favour was that I had NO pain...no cramping, nothing. Eventually after needles, blood work, urine tests etc the Doctor saw us and even though we were told since it was after hours on a Sunday they wouldn't be able to give us an U/S...he brought in a portable U/S machine! I laid there looking at the screen and I could see the baby but I couldn't see a heart beat but then the Doctor pointed out the baby and said "we have a heartbeat"...I had to ask him if he was serious...OMG! My baby was alive and moving...A LOT! They then conducted an internal examination but they couldn't see much due to all the blood.
So in the end I am still bleeding, not so much but still quite regularly. I wasn't given a reason why except maybe it was a threathened miscarriage. They are sending me a referral to a Early Pregnancy Unit so they can do more tests but at this stage I just need to wait. I have my Nuchal test on Tuesday so if that is all fine then I will relax completely...but at this point I am SO relieved that bub is ok for now and I am going to stay positive that all will continue to be ok.

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!
April 19th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Super Mommy
ugh what an experience glad everything is okay... geesh your almost in your second trimester fir goodness sake!
April 19th, 2009, 06:39 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary!! I'm glad that bubs was doing okay and active on the ultrasound!!!

April 19th, 2009, 06:58 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
That has to be so scary! we are all here for you and with tons and thoughts and prayers. I hope they give you some answers about the bledding and I'm so happy your little baby was moving all over the place!

Thanks to cavewoman

April 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I bet you its the same thing im dealing with, your story sounds much like mine. For me it turned out to be a subchorionic bleed, and it took my doctor THREE episodes to find it. Good luck, and try to relax as much as possible.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

April 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
CriscoNinja
Scary!! I'm glad your bub is OK, you're in my T&P!
April 19th, 2009, 09:29 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Oh how scary...I'm so sorry! I've been through this twice. Once was from placental issues and I continued to bleed through the 18th week. It got to a point where I'd just carry pads in my purse...we weren't sure we'd ever have him, but he was great and healthy. it was just a super scary pregnancy all the way through I'm wondering if you don't have a partial or full placenta previa...did they look for that at all???

The other time, we did lose the baby, BUT our baby was already gone by the time we got to the hospital...we were 18 weeks

April 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM
*Hayley*
oh no!! that's awful. I'm so sorry you are going through this, but you're doing the right thing by staying positive.
April 19th, 2009, 10:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, how scary!!! I'm so glad your baby is ok. Good luck at your other appts and TAKE IT EASY!! Drink plenty of water and just RELAX!!

April 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How scary! I hope they are able to find a reason for the bleed and that everything continues to be ok!

April 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
hugs, how scary, it is great all is OK

April 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Snowpeas
Wow, I can't imagine how scary that is to see that much blood. So relieved to hear that your little one is doing okay. You will both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
April 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
sounds like what I'm dealing with - subchorional hematoma. It bleeds at will, right now it has stopped but it bled pretty heavily a few days ago. It took several u/s to find it! I hope that's all it is! SO glad your babe is okay!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I'm glad your baby is doing okay.
April 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 20th, 2009, 05:02 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Wow, how scary!!!

Sending special prayers your way!

April 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow...so scary. I can't even imagine how you felt, or how you are feeling. Please KUP and know that I'm praying for you and your little one. I hope they're able to give you answers at your appt. I hope they're able to take some awesome pictures, too! Take care!

April 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
sorry I am just reading this. I am so sorry you had such a scary experiance, I hope the bleed stops and doesnt return

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search