Heartburn??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
How many are dealing with this??

Have you found a way to help at all??

I have tums.... other stuff makes me feel like im gonna throw up, but the tums are not cutting it.

April 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always get it bad and I just deal with it. I usually don't take anything because tums are gross and don't work anyway. So I suck it up and deal with it. Usually it gets so bad around 7 months I have to figure out a way to sleep sitting up.

April 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
hoping4more
i dont have it yet, but i do get it. i try eating small meals and when it was really bad i took i think mylanta.... or maybe it was that other one. i cant remember, it wasnt super tasty bad it worked really good. also i would try sleeping proped up a bit if you can. i think there are certain foods you can try and avoid... but i dont remember which ones. most of the time i got acid reflux and it especially was horrible when i would bend down to pick anything up. i think the best solution is eating small meals.
April 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only use Tums too right now. It usually doesn't cut it, unless I watch what I eat too. If I stay away from pasta sauce, spicy stuff, garlic and coffee I'm better. Sometimes toast and milk help if it's the last thing I have in the evening. But so days it's like nothing helps.

Doesn't the old wives tale say that means the baby is gonna have a full head of hair?

I only use Tums too right now. It usually doesn't cut it, unless I watch what I eat too. If I stay away from pasta sauce, spicy stuff, garlic and coffee I'm better. Sometimes toast and milk help if it's the last thing I have in the evening. But so days it's like nothing helps.

Doesn't the old wives tale say that means the baby is gonna have a full head of hair?

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find I can't have anything acidic, or anything with caffeine, including chocolate , or it only makes it worse (cutting those things out doesn't totally take it away for me though.) I had to pay very close attention to see what foods/drinks were triggering it for me. Tums works for awhile, but in my last pregnancy I got a prescription for Zantac, and that did wonders!

April 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
tums, and seriously...vanilla ice cream. chocolate ice cream is my fav but it aggravates heartburn a little bit.

TTC#4 since 09/13 Anovulatory cycles 9/13-3/14 Clomid 50mg- No O
Current cycle 3/19/14 Clomid 100mg 3-7 Waiting to O
April 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tums. I find having them just before I eat helps the best.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I had it so bad when I was pregnant with Ben that it burned my vocal cords and for the last few months of my pregnancy I barely had a voice left. It took a few months after giving birth for my voice to come back and even now almost 2 years later I sound different than I did before.

I finally had to take some prescription that I think was class C (it can cause jaundice in newborns and did in my son). I had to take it though because they were afraid that it was going to cause very serious permanent damage.

April 19th, 2009, 07:03 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Prilosec OTC? Holden had BAD BAD acid reflux (aka heartburn) and out of every medication we tried, that was the only one that helped (well, not OTC, but prescription kind).

I've heard milk helps to level out the acidity too

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Snowpeas
I had this so bad at the end of my pregnancy with Olivia. It didn't matter what I ate or what I did. I popped tums like candy but it didn't really go away until she was born. I am not looking forward to that again.
April 20th, 2009, 04:15 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post

Thats what the say.

But I had TONS of heartburn REALLY bad with Thaddeus and the boy was bald, nothing but peach fuzz. He didn't get his first hair cut till he was like 2 1/2 LOL

But then NOah, i had heartburn, nothing all that bad, but he had TONS of hair. you could part it and comb it to the side. LOL

April 20th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Watching what you eat can reduce the Heart burn.. I swear it works! I had horrible heart burn in the middle of my second trimester.. Then I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I went on a low carb diet and my heart burn disappeared and I never experinced it again..

Adriana was also born with LOTS of hair, more then normal.. So much hair that she didn't look like a newborn when her hospital pictures were taken.. Just look at Adriana's ticker in my sig.. That picture was taken when she was 2 months old.. That gives you an idea on how much hair she had..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search