just need to vent... o/t (long)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mother thinks she is the centre of the universe and the world revolves around her. Like yours she also pushes herself on me. I really don't need her to call me 5 gazillion times a day. I'm a big girl now.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
hoping4more
its hard i know.
April 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh trust me, I get it. I didn't get along with my mother for EIGHTEEN years of my life. I lost her when I was 19, so regardless of how much she grated my nerves, I miss her lots- but I get where you're coming from.

Your mom reminds me of my MIL, except she didn't give birth to me and wants to be my best friend and all I want to do is tear her head off.

Wish I had some advice for you!! Some moms are just overbearing. They mean well, but they don't know when to quit.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Snowpeas
((hugs)) She might be trying to re-connect with you now that you're pregnant. Having a daughter pregnant apparently brings back all the old memories and feelings, and sentimentality.

Having said that, it would be very hard to deal with. I don't get along very well with my mother either (although we're both trying hard for my daughter's sake) and it would drive me absolutely bonkers to be in that situation - especially if I was hormonal. Thinking of you!
April 20th, 2009, 04:15 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
((((HUGS))))

I don't think you are bad at all for feeling that way girl!

April 20th, 2009, 05:32 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
My mom and are pretty close already despite the fact that we didn't get along when I was younger. Right after I got knocked up she went a bit off the deep end though. Texting me a million times a day and going crazy with facebook and myspace messages. I had my sister tell her to back off. I think it hurt her feelings but after we talked about it she seemed to understand. Well she backed off a bit anyway.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost my mom a little over a year ago...there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her. Yes, there were days that we drove eachother nuts, but, she was always there for me. She was one of my best friends.

I feel bad for you and i wish you didn't feel this way. It must be very hard. I hope you guys can work out a relationship that works for both of you. Thinking of you...

April 20th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mom acts the same way. dont get me wrong i love her to death. but she is always doing things to push me away. ive come to ignore it!

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
April 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are not horrible at all. My mom and I are close, but I don't share personal things with her. My brother, on the other hand, does. They have a different relationship. Not better or worse, just different.

Now, if my mom just invited herself over and then expected me to go to her house for dinner after, well....things wouldn't go so smoothly. It sounds like you mom has no value for your time....very inconsiderate IMO.
April 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I don't think you are horrible. I think those are normal feelings to have. It took a long time for my mom and I to get to a place where I could stand her. Now we are much better. We get along great.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
Wow do I completely understand! Before I was pregnant with my first, my mother and I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT get along. At all. I moved out of the house when I was 20 because we fought so badly. For some reason, when I got pregnant (and it was an unplanned, out of wedlock pregnancay, no less) my mom all of a sudden wanted a close relationship with me. I resisted it because I didn't trust her - she had done this to me in the past, want to be close and then blow up at me. Over time, we did become close, somehow. And it has only gotten better with time.

I think there is just something about pregnancy that mends all the hurt feelings and brings a mom and daughter together. For now, take your time and keep your distance, I bet over time things will get better! *HUGS*
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search