ugh....depressed....

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Gabe's_Mommy's Avatar Veteran
I'm having a hard time with everything not just being pregnant. As of right now im 14 weeks pregnant, I cant get on insurance because of my stupid birth certificate( i was born in Canada because my mom just happened to be there when i was born), now everything is a mess, my boy friend(father of the baby) just tells me i dont deserve him because he does everything for me,and he acts like i dont appreciate it, its frustrating, he wonders why i dont do anything, is because hes been treating me like crap for the past few weeks, because ive been scared of loosing the baby even though i have no reason to right now except for the fact that i had a miscarriage when i was like 14...I dont know how to feel or what to do anymore, im so depressed. I dont feel like eating, but im afraid if i dont eat enough ill kill my baby or something, and i dont want that.....

Im starting to really despise myself, i feel like i can never do anything right, and i just wish someone would understand how i felt sometimes rather than yelling at me...im all messed up... ugh...I just need someone to talk to...
April 20th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
Wow, that is a load! I'm sorry - it doesn't help with all the hormones, they tend to throw your thinking all out of whack. Have you gone to the state to see if you can get on pregnancy insurance? I don't know what state you are in, but in NY they have PCAP (prenatal care assistance program). Are you a legal US citizen? If you are, you shouldn't have a problem getting state insurance. I have to go on PCAP because I just got married and the next open enrollment for husband's insurance is in August, and they don't backdate and probably wouldn't add me anyways because pregnancy is a "pre-exisiting condition".

Its totally normal to be nervous and scared when you are pregnant. I have been to the ER twice since I found out I was pregnant, for bleeding - and this is my second child! I don't know what to tell you about your boyfriend, all I can do is give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that maybe he is scared, too and acting out. My husband was VERY scared the first time I was pregnant - we weren't married, I was in college, etc. And he was kinda a jerk about it, because he was so scared. It's MUCH better this time around, lol!

If you need to talk, we are all here, going through the same things together. it will get better, I promise!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your response.
I am an American citizen its just that they wont except my birth certificate, the one ive been using my whole life, which makes no sense why i cant use it now....I mean i do have a social security card/number, meaning i am american... I dont know. They just denied me Medicaid...for pregnant women.
April 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM
wow, they shouldn't be able to deny you if you are a citizen! What state are you in? I'm going to do some digging for you, that is a crock!
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
currently im in Missouri.
April 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hugs, I am not sure how the insurance works but I hope you get it worked out and as far as BF I might just talk to him, and try to see what he is feeling and why he is acting that way.
Hope it gets better

April 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women and Newborns

as long as you are a US citizen and have proof, and are in the income guidelines, they cannot deny you. Did you get an appeal form? Do you have a caseworker who reviewed your application? I would contact them, ask for an appeal, and ask them exactly what they want you to provide them with in regards to your citizenship. As long as you have documentation that you are legally a US citizen, and meet all other guidelines, they can't simply say "oh, we don't like your birth certificate. DENIED". You need to set up an appeal hearing - you will have a better chance if the caseworkers won't help you. It's unfortunate, a lot of caseworkers just don't take the extra time to help because so many people abuse the system. The people who really need it get left behind.

But being pregnant without insurance and being denied by medicaid is practically unheard of, at least in NY. Usually they will go out of their way to make sure an unborn baby has health insurance!
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I tried to show them my live birth certificate, stating that im born to american Parents, deosnt that automatically make me an american citizen? I never even lived in Canada...
April 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
as far as I can tell, yes you are considered an american citizen under 301c of the INA - here is a link:

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Birth Abroad to Two U.S. Citizen Parents in Wedlock: A child born abroad to two U.S. citizen parents acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under section 301(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). One of the parents MUST have resided in the U.S. prior to the child's birth. No specific period of time for such prior residence is required.
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thats what i thought.
and i have proof that i am born to american parents.
April 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter was born in England because we were living there at the time, my dh was in the Air Force. She was issued TWO birth certificates. One was American and one was British. I don't understand why you don't have both? Have you ever contacted the US embassy and asked about it? It doesn't matter where you were born, if your parents are American, YOU are American and ALL of our laws and rights apply to you as well.
Whoever you are talking to about this, is obviously an idiot. Try someone else and demand some answers AND some insurance.

Pregnancy hormones are super rough. I wish your BF was more understanding about it. He needs to realize that his nagging you and not being supportive is only going to make it worse.

Hang in there!

April 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things are so poopy for you right now. Hopefully you can get everything straightened out.
April 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
You better set up an appeal.
I am having the same problem with wic, they are stating I have to have some kind of income to receive health. The system sucks, its for "Women In Crisis" not "Women with income" ughhh I am right with ya girl!!
April 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Thats crap! I hope you can get it straightened out soon and you can fix things with you bf... it isnt hard to feel depressed some days while pregnant cause you're going through a lot of changes.. best of luck to you though.

(ps.. I'm not sure but I think I remember you from another parenting group on vf but congrats on the pregnancy!)

April 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow_Princess View Post
Thanks for your response.
I am an American citizen its just that they wont except my birth certificate, the one ive been using my whole life, which makes no sense why i cant use it now....I mean i do have a social security card/number, meaning i am american... I dont know. They just denied me Medicaid...for pregnant women.
That doesn't make sense.. I was born in a Greek Hospital to American parents and my birth certificate is legit. But I never had to go use any State Aid, so I don't know if I would be denied. I would speak with the Public Affairs rep or Social Services Rep. at your local hospital.. They should be able to help you out..

**Edit: I just looked at my birth certificate and it says "Certification of Report of Birth of a United States Citizen".. Does yours say that? Mine says I was born in Amarousion Greece and my Consular Report of Birth was issued at Athens, Greece.. But it still says I'm a United States Citizen.. Does yours say something similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
You better set up an appeal.
I am having the same problem with wic, they are stating I have to have some kind of income to receive health. The system sucks, its for "Women In Crisis" not "Women with income" ughhh I am right with ya girl!!
If you think this is bad, just wait until the gov't takes over health care.. Soon people will be denied treatment because it's too expensive or your to old.. It's vary scary..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 20th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
April 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you are deal with all of this. I hope everything works out. If you just need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime.
April 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Snowpeas
Lots of I hope you can get everything straightened out. Definitely appeal medicaid - they should cover you. If you don't have a caseworker get one, it's much easier than trying to do it yourself.

My dh freaked out when I first got pregnant and acted really weird for awhile. It's really hard for them to understand what we're going through because we look the same. He will come around. He's probably scared too.
April 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are going thru this.

We are always here for you. I hope you can get thru this rough patch with you and your BF.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
wow girl! I see why you could be feeling down!

I hope you can get it all figured out. That seems very odd they are denying you. I would fight it for sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search