Who will you let in?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Who will you allow in the room while laboring? While delivering?

For me I have only one restriction. My twin sister is not allowed in(we are not getting along). With DD I had my mom, stepdad, husband, and sister. I think I will keep it the same. I loved having all the support. My stepdad especially. he really helped keep me focused when DH threw up. LOL

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think just my SO. Maybe I'd change my mind, but I'm only allowed 2 people anyways, so I wouldn't want drama about who it would be.

April 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
As long as everything goes smoothly and I have a planned c section instead of an emergency one, I'd like DH and my mom. Last time it was emergency and only DH was allowed in, and my mom cried her eyes out LOL
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 20th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
im having a c-section and they only allow one person in. So that will be DH

TTC#4 since 09/13 Anovulatory cycles 9/13-3/14 Clomid 50mg- No O
Current cycle 3/19/14 Clomid 100mg 3-7 Waiting to O
April 20th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Just DH for my confort and to avoid any hurt feelings

April 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My whole family and my DH.. If my MIL comes up, she can come in too.. My family saw the birth of Adriana and they loved it.. My dad and mom cried.. It's something they will never forget..

If I have a c-section.. It will just be my DH..

April 20th, 2009, 04:04 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have a repeat c/section and I'll be put under, so no one. Dh was in with me for my first and held my hand but I wasn't put under. For my 2nd, I was put under because my spinal didn't take and he wasn't allowed in until the baby was out, then they let him in to cut the cord.
So this one will be the same, I'll be under.. DH will be let in to cut the cord.

April 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Just DH!

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
April 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Paula, I can't imagine not having someone there with me. I know you are under and all but still the thought of being alone would be killer.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
hoping4more
i only allow my hubby in... i didnt even let him watch with the first, he watched with the second. im weird i guess, i like the hypno birthing so my hubby doesnt really play a role in that, it would break my concentration.... i wuoldnt want him not there though, i def. want him there.
April 20th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH only. I am not really all about that family sharing thing...it would totally stress me out and I think the only person who would really be a comfort to me would be my sister and I wouldn't want her there and no one else.
April 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Only DH. My parents and/or in laws can come in while I'm laboring but not during cervical checks or pushing. DH and I were alone when we made the baby so we want to be the first to enjoy the baby. Plus I really wouldn't want MIL in there but her feelings would be all hurt if I let my mom in and not her.

April 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, my IP's for sure, and probably my 2 doula partners. Maybe DH, I'm not sure if he really cares or not if he's there, and I prefer the support of my doulas since they know what I'm going through. Not actually sure how many people will be allowed in though; since it's twins, I'll have to deliver in the OR (how fun...)

Personally, I like a lot of people around. I've lost all my modesty so it doesn't bother me who sees what - heck, the the transfer that resulted in my last surro baby, there were NINE people in the room looking at my spotlit crotch!

April 20th, 2009, 06:33 PM
hoping4more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroDoula View Post
Hmmm, my IP's for sure, and probably my 2 doula partners. Maybe DH, I'm not sure if he really cares or not if he's there, and I prefer the support of my doulas since they know what I'm going through. Not actually sure how many people will be allowed in though; since it's twins, I'll have to deliver in the OR (how fun...)

Personally, I like a lot of people around. I've lost all my modesty so it doesn't bother me who sees what - heck, the the transfer that resulted in my last surro baby, there were NINE people in the room looking at my spotlit crotch!
lol thats crazy nine people! i dont know... us women get all the fun im super modest but when your in labor it somehow isnt a big deal. still id only want my dh. cause he should be there to hold the baby right away too. i cant believe im saying this but im super excited for labor! i was over by the deliver room at the hospital a couple weeks ago just looking thinking cant wait to walk through those doors!
April 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM
CriscoNinja
My DF for sure, my sister who is my coach and maybe my FMIL... not sure on that one! lol
April 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Snowpeas
While I'm in labor it doesn't really matter as long as they understand I have the right to ask them to leave if I feel like it.

While delivering I am limited to two people so I will have my dh and my MIL. They were both so great when I was delivering Olivia and I couldn't have coped so well without either of them.

My mom was in the delivery room the first time but was more concerned about watching the movie on tv (Vertigo which I will never forget!) then helping me through labor or delivery. I have asked her to watch over Olivia when I go to the hospital. It spares her feelings, makes her feel like she's helping, and I won't have to deal with her. lol
April 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh and my mom will be in the room, and possibly my daughter.=)

April 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just DH this time. For my last two I had a doula as well but won't be this time.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search